Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#476 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
There is none, second line.

Great! I plan on doing the same house as Yvelotic2001, for the Singles household.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#477 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 10:06 AM
That will be fun to judge (hoping ) - I may have to drink throughout the judging.
Looking forward to see the entries!
Space Pony
#478 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I may have to drink throughout the judging.

Hubs, I am a little late, but that is not my fault, to be honest.. I was promised to have some help during my own AM judging.. but he let me down.. I should of guessed (more of that behing the spoiler)

Here, some cold and hot to everyone:

And the boring yadda yadda behing spoiler:

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#479 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 1:11 AM
@Kukamuukaanmuka I love the bar! It looks just how I envisaged it. Ripp seems grown-up enough to me- he has Heineken and Fanta, the essentials of life!
Mad Poster
#480 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 7:42 AM
@Kukamuukaanmuka - Wow! I am so impressed that I actually don't know what to say - and it is not often that I am speechless

I LOVE IT.

Rip looks very good at the bar, so does Captain Perhaps the two of them will improve - Captain seems to do the cleaning.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#481 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:27 PM
Love the petro bar Ellu. :lovestruc

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#482 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 8:10 PM
Party time!
This party is to inspire all the contestants for the last round
(Rip can have a drink on the house )
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#483 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 2:19 PM
Ooh a free round! I think I know what family and house to pick. Just to clarify the rules @joandsarah77, it's just the foundation and first floor exterior walls that can't be changed? So for a two-storey house like the Grunt's and Smith's, the second floor exterior walls can be modified?

Ellu I love the bar! I love the kind of tropical feel your neighbourhood has too

I thought someone posted a WCIF comment in the thread but I can't see it now? I haven't opened up my game since I finished the last round so I was waiting to answer it until I could. If you're still looking for something let me know and I'll try to find it!
Top Secret Researcher
#484 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by randomlyyellstuff
I thought someone posted a WCIF comment in the thread but I can't see it now? I haven't opened up my game since I finished the last round so I was waiting to answer it until I could. If you're still looking for something let me know and I'll try to find it!

Oh, that was me. I found the red bar stools but I also liked that leafy green wallpaper you used in a bedroom in round 3 I think it was.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#485 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 11:01 PM
@randomlyyellstuff no it is all outside walls. Just like we did for the Beaker's.

Quote:
You may not add or remove full walls from the outside shell of the house.

None of the rules have changed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#486 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
I have a question: Can you exceed the footprint of the house on upper floors?

You can do whatever you like on the upper floors. Also, great to see you here @Aysarth

I think this is where some of us, including myself, are confused. This was asked for the very first round. But the upper floor on the first two rounds were roofs, not actual floors. Is that the difference Jo?

Lauri
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#487 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:24 AM
I think that question was for the Curious brother's house which had no upper level.

If a house has an upper story, then no you can't demolish those walls or build onto them because than you are back to rule one -do not demolish or build walls onto external walls. You can extend the area by adding a veranda though or any form of half wall.

If you look at round 3 you will see I outlined the second and third story full walls all in red.

I hope that clears that up. I can see how it was confusing now you pointed it out.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#488 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:33 AM
I think that question was for the Curious brother's house which had no upper level.

If a house has an upper story, then no you can't demolish those walls or build onto them because than you are back to rule one -do not demolish or build walls onto external walls. You can extend the area by adding a veranda though or any form of half wall.

If you look at round 3 you will see I outlined the second and third story full walls all in red.

I hope that clears that up. I can see how it was confusing now you pointed it out.

Yeah, that's where I got confused, and had to put the upper floor back in. Well, it's all right, honestly, I'm doing Olive and Ophelia's place so it's cool.
Field Researcher
#489 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 8:17 AM
Can we still add extra storeys, like 3rd and 4th floors?

(Goes back to drawing board).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#490 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 8:44 AM
Yes, you can add as many stories as you want.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#491 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 9:38 AM
That makes sense to me now too! I had a feeling we couldn't change upstairs but I wanted to be sure. Hopefully I can make the existing walls work

Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Oh, that was me. I found the red bar stools but I also liked that leafy green wallpaper you used in a bedroom in round 3 I think it was.

That would be the wallpaper in PT and Jenny's room if I'm thinking of the right one? It's from this set by Honeywell. I also used a leafy wallpaper in the hall which is from this set by Poppet just in case that's what you were thinking of!
Top Secret Researcher
#492 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 1:16 PM
Brilliant, thank you!
Mad Poster
#493 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 4:05 PM
I can't wait to see the entries for the last round!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#494 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 8:08 PM Last edited by simsample : 11th Aug 2018 at 7:26 PM. Reason: Added original lot image
Default Grunt Family 88 Road To Nowhere

The Grunt family were offered several lots by the Strangetown Crisis Council, but General Buzz flatly refused all (he wanted a more 'strategic' location but they were all taken!). This one was given as a compromise and to avoid a threatened coup d'état.

General Buzz:
"No, definitely not. I will not allow aerial photography of my lot, nor will I give you any details about the interior. Now go away, you know I have friends right up at the very TOP of the government, and I will see to it that you are [redacted]..."

Images taken by Stealth drone spy camera:

Spy note: At this point a military helicopter arrived and General Buzz Grunt left the lot.

Thanks for reading!
Mad Poster
#495 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 9:20 PM
Brilliant, @simsample!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#496 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 11:06 PM
I hadn't planned on anybody converting a comm lot over to residential, but since it isn't covered in the rules, and you have done it, I will accept it. Also lol!

~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#497 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 12:54 AM
@simsample , So great entry!! :lovestruc :lovestruc

Here from Ripp to you (to all others also ) , he made sure the Petro's Bar was safe from all spy reports, Captain and Sergeant (or Luke ) , took care of that!

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Top Secret Researcher
#498 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 4:05 AM
*cracks open a Heineken and waits for other very interesting entries...*
Mad Poster
#499 Old 3rd Aug 2018 at 8:53 AM
Getting a case of wine (for myself)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#500 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 3:29 AM
Finally! I got my judging done! yay! I finally actually judged this time :P

Page 20 of 25