Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 26th May 2018 at 11:07 AM
Can't wait to see it. You might want to change some things around as going over budget will lose you points.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 27th May 2018 at 5:07 PM Last edited by muridae : 3rd Jun 2018 at 10:52 PM.
Default Application/Round One: The Smith Family

Quote:
A family of four who look like they want the perfect suburban life. They consist of elder alien Pollination Tech#9 Smith, his adult wife Jenny, teenage son Johnny and child age daughter Jill.

Requirements: Each child must have their own room the parents an en-suite bathroom.

Bio's: The only thing PT9 loves more than his lawn is his family. When he is not spending time with his children, he enjoys clipping coupons and staring up at the sky. Jenny loves having a career, but she wishes she could spend more time with her family, and maybe make some new friends. She really likes green. Johnny dreams of being the hero that rides in on a white horse, or at least a cool sports car. When Jill closes her eyes, she sees dolphins. She has her heart set on becoming a deep sea welder someday.

Please note that all ground floor exterior walls are intact as required. I just went a bit wild with cutouts in order to give the place some light. Trying to improve the lighting was also part of the decision to build upwards and brick in the basement.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 28th May 2018 at 6:41 AM
I love how you did the outside @muridae Adding you to the table.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#54 Old 28th May 2018 at 12:55 PM
Can foundation walls be replaced with regular walls? Like for a door/window. And I'm guessing the inside of the basement cannot be made bigger as it requires deleting foundation bits?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 28th May 2018 at 12:58 PM
Hmm, you are pushing it. I guess I'll allow that.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#56 Old 28th May 2018 at 5:49 PM
Parhaps it will be a better idea to make changes after the first round, since there are entries in already? A door in that foundation wall means it will be much easier to move the entrance out of that narrow little space.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 28th May 2018 at 9:30 PM Last edited by Modder : 30th May 2018 at 8:54 PM.
Default Application/Round 1 - 73 Road to Nowhere (Beaker)
Quote:
This science and medical family consists of Loki, his wife Circe and the adult ‘boarder’, Nervous Subject.

Working tirelessly in their respective careers in Science and Medicine, Loki and Circe were granted permission by the local authorities to conduct research in their own personal lab. However, any contracted research projects must be kept secret, so security systems are in place to keep the lab under tight lockdown.

Through the move and the rebuild, the aspiring duo were luckily able to keep their own personal test subject (although he is a bit too twitchy for their liking) on hand. Nervous gets his own personal room for continued observation.

Meanwhile, Loki and Circe get a comfortable 1 bedroom set-up on the second floor:

Of course, regular research wouldn't be fun without top-secret personal research in an underground secret lab:

Required pics below:
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 28th May 2018 at 10:36 PM
There is no reason why the entrance can't be moved, people are allowed to remove the stairs. Actually, that is why there is a rule saying feel free to remove stairs, I was hoping people would move the entrance.

@Modder great to see your entry. I would suggest retaking your floorplan shots. If you read the photo rules you will see I ask you to fill the shot with your building. Getting closer means judges can judge better and not miss any of your great details.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#59 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:38 PM
I know the entrance can be moved - it was just an example (I said it would be easier to do if you change the rules regarding the foundations ).
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#60 Old 28th May 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Parhaps it will be a better idea to make changes after the first round, since there are entries in already? A door in that foundation wall means it will be much easier to move the entrance out of that narrow little space.

My entrance is already in a different place, I'm just trying to make the basement more usable by having an outside entrance and expanding it to the full footprint of the foundation.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 29th May 2018 at 12:30 AM
@HugeLunatic, @jandsarah77

My objection is not about entrances or about wanting to use a full footprint. (I did a little makeover for myself according to the rules and I know how problematic that foundation is).

My objection is about changing the rules after several contestants have already entered, because they built under different rules. And I think contestants have the right to build under the exact same rules.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 29th May 2018 at 12:39 AM
You do have a point @Justpetro but once the question was asked I realized it was a good point. I want this to be a contest with few rules, the main one or spirit of it is-is don't change the original footprint. I think if we already had a fairly full table I might have waited for the next round but there is only 3 people on there so far. If they wish they still have time to change their uploads. I will say though as judges not to judge on windows or lack of in the basement this round.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#63 Old 29th May 2018 at 12:50 AM
Fair enough, Jo - as long as it is made clear to all the judges. And the 3 people on the table have taken time to build and should not be at a disadvantage - not everyone may have the time to rebuild according to new rules.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#64 Old 29th May 2018 at 1:21 AM
Just mention them and explain and/or pm the new rules to them.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 29th May 2018 at 1:53 AM
Good idea Gina.

@Yvelotic2001
@NatteryakToad
@muridae

Letting you know of a rule change in case you want to alter your entries. I am allowing removal of the foundation if you want to replace it with wall to add windows or doors. The shells shape must remain the same it's just a swap around. The judges will not be looking at it this round so if you want to leave your entries as they are is also fine. No one will be given more or less points for windows or doors this round. Only the wall covering will be looked at same as it would be for foundation wall. Sorry that I didn't think about this possibility.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#66 Old 29th May 2018 at 3:31 AM
@joandsarah77 whoops, sorry about that! I misread the rules and thought it was more of a full lot shot. Here's some closer top-down view pictures:

Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#67 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:04 AM
@Modder Thanks You need to edit your entry post and put those new pictures there. The table only links to one post per round and judges won't go searching for other posts for more pictures. They will only have your original post. You are free right up to the last minute to edit your entry. You're doing well, it takes a bit to get your contest feet so to speak.

There is one needed shot of the entire lot so the judges can see your garden or anything else you might place like a kids playground, car etc. Floor plan shots are so they can see your building.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#68 Old 29th May 2018 at 5:59 AM
Ok, I edited my original entry and included them under the spoiler tag, but didn't attach them to that post since I already have them uploaded as attachments in my second post. Is that okay?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 29th May 2018 at 6:17 AM
That depends on the judges, some really like them attached. Sometimes pictures don't show up as large under the spoiler as they do attached. Since its a small lot you might get away with it but I will ask.

@gdayars @Justpetro @yavannatw

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#70 Old 29th May 2018 at 8:11 AM
@joandsarah77 - Just checking in to say that I'm fine with the addition of wall/foundation swap possibilities. It doesn't affect my entry as I'm not using the foundation or basement area at all, but I might make use of it in future lots.

I need to re-upload a couple of my floorplan screenshots as I see that when I did them for the eleventy-billionth time after moving in the family to draw the chairs in I didn't put the walls back up. My game went into meltdown and started deleting CC files on me yesterday, but I think I've got it behaving again now so will edit my post to swap them in the next day or two.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 29th May 2018 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
That depends on the judges, some really like them attached. Sometimes pictures don't show up as large under the spoiler as they do attached. Since its a small lot you might get away with it but I will ask.

@gdayars @Justpetro @yavannatw

I suggest that @Modder just add this and the post number of the other screenshots to her text in case the judges forget about it
Instructor
#72 Old 29th May 2018 at 5:23 PM
Just letting you know that I am happy with my entry and won't be changing it.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 30th May 2018 at 12:40 AM
Great, @Yvelotic2001, because it is far too quiet in the fermented fruit juice bar
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 30th May 2018 at 6:52 AM
All pictures must be on the same post, just so everybody knows. If you want to add more or change them, go back and use the edit button on your entry. Your entry will be linked to on the table, just click it and it should take you directly to it, no hunting around.

I was asking judges if they want attached pictures or not. I strongly suggest on larger lots to attach them. On small lots like this one, it doesn't matter as much since you can get in close.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#75 Old 30th May 2018 at 6:45 PM
@Justpetro
Guess I'll direct myself to the fermented fruit juice bar then!

Page 3 of 25