Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 3:24 AM Last edited by zystem : 21st Feb 2021 at 4:30 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Is gaining a skill this fast normal, or a bug?
(I do have a video but I'm unaware the rules of sharing non-MTS links, so I'll refrain from sharing unless asking)

My sim had a level 3 athletic skill and yesterday during playing, I bought the family a work-out bike. Shocked, I watch her skill max in under a minute. I don't think I've ever seen this in my life. I have no mods relating to skills. I do no use cheats anymore.

Not really disappointed though... She wanted a degree in athletics, so I guess it works out for me...

edit: Turns out she learned physiology when she was a kid and that's what caused it. I now use this exploit to give almost all my sims max fitness skills, LOL.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 3:47 AM
Has your Sim studied Physiology from the bookcase? If so, that is a bug & there is a fix for it here. https://modthesims.info/d/538689/m-...iology-fix.html
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 10:37 PM
also, is it autumn? in autumn sim skill faster!

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 4:26 PM
It was most likely autumn. I'll have to check the video I recorded to see. I wonder why it being autumn makes skills go up faster. That's very interesting.

And no, my Sim does not know physiology... I don't think... Is there a way to check? Her memories right? I'll have to look once I get her into college. Thanks for the replies.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 8:16 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 10th Jan 2021 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added more info
Quote: Originally posted by zystem
It was most likely autumn. I'll have to check the video I recorded to see. I wonder why it being autumn makes skills go up faster. That's very interesting.

This is a buff from Seasons. Each season has a Relationship bonus and a Need effect, according to the Prima Guide.

1. Summer: Friendly socials (neither romantic nor family) have a larger impact on Relationship score and Social Need and are 50% more likely to be accepted. Energy Need decays more slowly when sims are outdoors.

2. Fall/Autumn: No relationship bonus, but skilling increases faster (includes skills, talent, homework and university grades and assignments, but not pet training). Social Need decays more slowly when sims are outdoors.

3. Winter: Socials between family members and members of the same household have a larger impact on Relationship score and Social Need and are 50% more likely to be accepted. Hunger Need decays more slowly when sims are outdoors.

4. Spring: Romantic interactions have a larger impact on Relationship score and Social Need and are 50% more likely to be accepted. Hygiene decays more slowly when sims are outdoors.

Bon Voyage's vacation neighborhoods also have buffs. The tropical destination gives a Romance bonus, the Asian destination gives a Skilling bonus, and the Mountain destination gives a bonus to family relationships.

To maximize your skilling rate: have a very serious sim buy a vacation home in Takemizu village, visit that house in Autumn, and skill from the Education career reward while wearing a Thinking Cap. Your sim will have maxed skills in almost the blink of an eye!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zystem

And no, my Sim does not know physiology... I don't think... Is there a way to check? Her memories right? I'll have to look once I get her into college. Thanks for the replies.

One easy way to check is to send the Sim to a game bookcase and select "Study". If Physiology is there, then the Sim hasn't mastered it. The reason I specified a "game bookcase" is because some CC bookcases may not have all the study options on them. But yes, Learned Physiology should also be in her memories as well.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth