Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 4:29 AM Last edited by zystem : 21st Feb 2021 at 5:00 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims UC will not boot up
I played the game earlier today and it worked just fine. I keep trying to start it, and I'll hear my PC start to load, but then the fan will slow down and nothing will happen. I've restarted my computer, and in the roughly... four to five hours it's been since I have last played, I haven't downloaded any mods or CC.

I googled my problem but I think mine is unique because: I have the Origin download, but for years now, every time I boot it up, the Origin player doesnt boot up nor record my play-time. (So I don't know if Origin not interacting with my boot-up has anything to do with this.)

I'd love to get back to playing my game. My specs are: Windows 10. I can give more if needed. Thank you.

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 4:46 AM
Have you tried deleting the cache files? They're usually the reason why the game works and then suddenly doesn't want to run, without there being another obvious cause to it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 4:50 AM
no, i havent. since you suggested doing so, i assume it's not harmful to do?

Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 4:53 AM
I have to do it pretty much every time I start TS2 or Bodyshop. It's not harmful at all. The files can sometimes cause issues, so deleting them can even be a good idea. You will perhaps notice somewhat slower loading of various items after deleting the files, but that's normal.

Accessory.cache --> delete
Groups.cache --> delete
Contentregistry (only shows if you've made something in Bodyshop/Homecrafter) --> delete
Cigen.package (Bodyshop thumbnail file) --> isn't necessary to delete, but you can do so if it needs a reset (if you often use Bodyshop to make sims, keeping the Cigen file can make Bodyshop load the thumbnails faster)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 4:59 AM
Thank you so much!! It worked!