Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:03 AM Last edited by zystem : 21st Feb 2021 at 4:30 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim visit home every day without knocking/ringing
My sim's brother has been visiting her home every single day since she moved into her own home. He never knocks or rings, or calls to ask to come over. I always find him in my house very suddenly. I want to make it clear that I have no problem with this because she has a child and a baby on the way, so I could always use the help. I'm just curious on if this is a bug, or a feature to show how domesticity works in The Sims 2, or what.

I looked it up, as always, and didn't find any solid answer, only people asking the same question (sometimes not even for the same game)

If you have any idea, I'd love to know. Thanks!

22. male. he/him. autistic.
REST IN PEACE JOTARO KUJO. JUNE 2020 - JANUARY 2021.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 12:44 AM
The game just randomly sends sims who friends of the current household over to visit, and then it autogreets any sims who have 9+ outgoing points or who are BFFs with a family member, so that's just how to works. I made a hack to stop that: https://modthesims.info/d/615481/st...ourself-in.html
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 1:02 AM
But every day? My highest EP is BV, so no BFFs in my game. I do get random drop-by (as opposed to invited) visitors but not daily. Maybe weekly. So am curious to know if vanilla FT or AL behavior increases the chance of a drop-by spawning?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 2:06 AM
Possibly. I've definitely had sims invite themselves over multiple times in the same day.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:05 AM Last edited by Annaminna : 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:18 AM.
If there is not so much sims in the neighborhood or like me playing without townies, game will send a sim who is available and it may be same sim all the day. Like I say goodbye and sim arrives back next full hour. I even had whole family - mom, dad and other brothers and sisters - hanging out at my sim's home every day. Kestrellyn's mod stopped all this and now they all are ringing door bell. Just to clarify @kestrellyn do mod work for Mac users?
The other thing to try is to fence up your sim's house and lock gates for household only.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2021 at 4:10 AM
Should work on Mac.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 28th Feb 2021 at 2:36 AM
It does work on Mac games. I use it myself and no longer have high outgoing sims inviting themselves in. Thank you, kestrellyn!