Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buyable Servo v2.0 **UPDATED**

by monique Posted 6th Mar 2006 at 5:15 AM - Updated 17th Mar 2006 at 7:44 PM by monique

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 2:37 PM
yay, thanks much.
i'm too lazy to build my own servo.
=D
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 7:27 PM
hey very nice,
But can you make one more cheaper? :D
Test Subject
#53 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 3:09 AM
i can buy the servo but i get blinding white light covering everything,i can't see what to click, then the servo runs outside smoking to recharge,i see beam recharging him only hes not recharging and all his bars are red for social and fun i think it is. is this only my game?
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 22nd Apr 2006 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sxxyvenom
i can buy the servo but i get blinding white light covering everything,i can't see what to click, then the servo runs outside smoking to recharge,i see beam recharging him only hes not recharging and all his bars are red for social and fun i think it is. is this only my game?

ugh. this has been mentioned a hundred times on this thread already. your graphic card is outdated. just click on servo, make it into male or female and the white stripe will go away after if it still happenes, its recommended to update your graphic card.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 1:53 PM
Brilliant! making servo buyable at last! i only have one robot-making sim and it took him days and days of being maxed out and about $20,000 (simoleons obviously) to get the first servo, so now all my sims can have servos if they want without needing to be experts or randomly turn up at my Robot shop to buy one. I wish we could make sims go to other sims shops and buy stuff. Also i had that stripe on the screen thing, its not this hack that does it, its in the original EP, if you save and come out and go in again it goes away.
Thanks again Monique.
Test Subject
#56 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 4:59 AM
i miss robo from sims1 ,thank you!
Test Subject
#57 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 4:37 PM
how do u turn on the servo after u build it? mine just sit there.. when i try to click on it nothing comes up. help??
Test Subject
#58 Old 16th Jul 2006 at 4:44 PM
..and when i buy your servo the only command that shows is 'by 5 for..$$'. how do u initialize it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Jul 2006 at 9:14 AM
You cannot initialize this servo if you mark it for sale, pls remove that marking first.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Test Subject
#60 Old 18th Jul 2006 at 4:12 AM
how do u remove that marking?
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 10:31 AM
my servo is now apering as a sim with no face any idears why?
Test Subject
#62 Old 9th Aug 2006 at 9:25 PM
Monique, if this is an updated version, did you make an original? I'm wondering if the non-updated version is a buyable servo where you can buy just 1 not 5 at a time? I want to place one to buy in a community lot that isn't owned by a Sim.
Test Subject
#63 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stefispink
how do u remove that marking?

When you put Monique's servo down somewhere, a Sim has to buy it (5 at a time, so it's not optimal for someone wanting just 1).

Anyway, go into your Sim's goodie-bin where cell phones, cologne, pictures, etc. go and you will see all 5 ... you may have to scroll to the right to see them.

Take one out of the bin, put it down somewhere, click on Servo, and your Sim can initialize it the way you do any Servo. Have fun!
Test Subject
#64 Old 18th Aug 2006 at 11:13 AM
Awesome, Five stars!

Don't have The Sims 2 right now. Will soon.
Test Subject
#65 Old 5th Sep 2006 at 12:16 AM
Default Uninitializing?
I'm interested in the idea of uninitializing a servo.. I've tried buying one of yours to test, but I can't find a dialogue option anywhere to uninitialize him. Could you point me in the right direction? Sorry! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 8:12 AM
Thank you very much, for the Buyable Servo. :D
Field Researcher
#67 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 12:56 AM
Great hack!

Quote: Originally posted by someone2
a couple of days ago when i was playing sims 2 i was using the boolprop cheat, ''spawn'' to get the reaction tester. but i saw ''new servo!''

for people who don't know how to do it, heres a guide:

push ctrl+alt+C. type in ''boolprop testingcheatsenabled true''. hold shift, click on a sim. select ''spawn''. there will be tons of things with or without open for business, like death creator, talent badge thing, etc. select ''new servo''. if its not there, click ''more'' then ''new servo''.

open for business required to get servo and the talent badge thing!

Yay! Thanks.

watch Jensen Ackles in Supernatural
watch Allison Mack in Smallville
watch Jeff Hardy in Monday Night Raw
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 23rd Nov 2006 at 1:06 PM
Woot! :D
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 10:29 AM
Your servo is a casanova! I bought a servo for all my Sim families they absolutely love it, I mean literally...I love that it helps with everything including the newborns and it doesn't have to cuddle, play, play, bathe. He/she goes and gets them instantly. No screaming baby while a sim stands at the crib for 20 minutes before picking up the baby. It feeds the baby and the lays the baby down and off to sleep it goes. Takes care of the toddlers and keeps the children happy, along with the house clean. Roaches don't stand a chance...The problem I am having is keeping people in the household from falling in love with it, and visa versa; plus it always seems to be the married ones. I almost died when I saw my sim running out of the room and it said she caught her husband cheating with Nicole. I was like WHAT??? HOW? I never made them do anything! I was with you! lol Took me a long time because she's so serious to get her over her mad.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 6:21 PM
I absolutely LOVE this item. I use it all the time, thank you. I'm just having one problem- I can't unitialize them. is there something you have to do?
Test Subject
#71 Old 18th May 2007 at 6:02 PM
YAY! Thankyou so much, but I would realy prefer them to be just called Servos in the catalogue...

I'm a little randomly insane, well, thats a lie. I'm quite normal, just ask my pet monkey Herman. *pets mid-air* Isn't he cute? He tells me to kill everyone. He is VERY persuasive. *stares at crazily* *slowly reaches for knife*
Field Researcher
#72 Old 26th May 2007 at 3:15 PM
Ah, yes... never again have to freekin' craft those servos. Many thanks! :D
Test Subject
#73 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 10:53 PM
Default I must be dense...
Quote: Originally posted by monique
You cannot initialize this servo if you mark it for sale, pls remove that marking first.

I've seen other people with the same problem, and I've read through the entire thread as well as some others on the same topic on other sites. And I haven't figured it out.

I'm trying to initialize a servo on a business lot owned by one of my sims. When I select the servo, there is only the option to buy 5 more. If I mark the servo buyable, there are options to set price for the unit or the type. If I clear the sell flag, I go back to the buy-5-more menu.

I've found some indicators (like Monique's here) that I can activate a servo on a business lot, but can't seem to make it happen. Here are the things I've tried:

Put the servo on the ground, indoors and out
Fire an employee to free an employee slot
Earn a gold badge and make one manually
Remove my downloads folder and work only with a normally-created servo

None of these approaches worked. I also browsed the package to see how initialization worked. At the object level, it allows an initialization on a selectable servo, but the BHAV traps invalid conditions and handles them in-game (a warning on a uni lot, an alert about family size, etc). Given this, I don't see why the initialize option isn't even present.

So I'm getting stuck. Can someone tell me how to activate a servo on a business lot owned by my sim?
Theorist
#74 Old 11th Sep 2007 at 3:38 PM
awesome
Test Subject
#75 Old 30th Dec 2007 at 5:44 PM
Default Money
Quote: Originally posted by Infernal_insanity
Ohh, okay. I didn't know it worked like that with Servos I've only tried the flower & toy stations, and I know with them you had to customize & give them a name before you made them. Thanks :D

P.S. Is it possible to make the servo cheaper than $6000? If not, it's fine. My poor sims will enjoy a nice loan of "kaching"

Your Sims Should Enjoy A Nice Loan Of "motherlode"
Page 3 of 4