Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Buyable Fire!

by Sir Ignitus Blowtorch Posted 31st Jan 2005 at 10:35 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2005 at 10:05 PM by Sir Ignitus Blowtorch

161 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 160 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 12:48 AM
It's about time. I requested this object almost as this site started. Back in the Sims 1 I used an object like this many times that led me to have some of the Sim Stories of the Week. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 4:11 PM
Buyable fire is an awesome idea! I only use Sims 2 to make movies so it just makes it easier for me to start fires instead of having to have them cook and so forth. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 12:24 AM
EP ready?
Test Subject
#54 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 9:38 PM
Yeah, was going to ask the same. Same goes for the intense fire hack as well.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 10:02 PM
I have just scanned it, and it IS EP ready. Phew!
Instructor
#56 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 1:32 AM
how long does it last i want to know beofre i download
Test Subject
#57 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sir Ignitus Blowtorch
There is a way to contain it -use fences or busturades

can u go into buy mode with a contianed fire?

Watched the sky for the feared baked-gooded bomber, the Donut Baron! *muffins fly overhead*

the guy on the statue isn't me, i'm jsut an amutuer photographer
Test Subject
#58 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psycolizard
this is also a good way to get rid of bills and homework, i think those burn dont they?

Billy: The gods set my homework on fire....
Teachjer:okay Billy, go go to the concouler's office! (fire appers and burns teacher)
Billy: thank you god!
couldn't resit thta, but it's a great idea, if we coudl only make sims not panic when it's there

Watched the sky for the feared baked-gooded bomber, the Donut Baron! *muffins fly overhead*

the guy on the statue isn't me, i'm jsut an amutuer photographer
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 9:28 PM
No you can't go into Buy Mode even when contained; it lasts between 1-2 hours contained, to ????? if setting other objects on fire in an open space, and homework and bills don't burn.
Faster kill pussycat
#60 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 10:23 PM
come on baby light my fire. I love that songnow I cal play it to! hehe :evil:
nova
Test Subject
#61 Old 17th Apr 2005 at 11:35 PM
FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flame:

potatoes

^_^
=(0.o)=
(")-(")~
yay monkies
Test Subject
#62 Old 21st Apr 2005 at 4:36 AM
DESTRUCTION!!!!!
YYYYYEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAA!!!!
My sims were woohooing and it was hotter then ever if you know what I mean!!! :rip:
#63 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 8:39 AM
Like dude this is gonna be cooool!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Apr 2005 at 9:13 AM
Hot, actually!
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Apr 2005 at 8:16 AM
How do you get the fire 2 go because when I click on it it does'nt say anything if anyone could tell me that would be great
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 8:02 AM
In the Catalog you click on the thing that has the thumbnail 'No Pic' and its title will be 'Fire' and description 'You should never see this'. You can place that in Buy Mode and it will be invisible, and able to be placed under objects and sims, and when you go back into Live Mode fire will flare up in the places you put it.
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Apr 2005 at 7:35 PM
Xcelent Tis Best Ever. Fire Which You Can Buy. I Can Kill Family's Without Telling Them To Leave Food In The Oven Or To Stand Next To A Burning Fire.
#68 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 2:01 AM
Daaaaaaaaang! :werd: :wow: :fright: :madashel: :noflame:

L K I printed "Hell" on my Lawn!
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 10:14 AM
Rotfl! That is so funny!

Aha, I feel the power of the undead within me!
Now I must shun the sun and seek the night!
Bleh Bleh!
Field Researcher
#70 Old 2nd May 2005 at 12:43 AM
Wow! Thanks for this! :D
#71 Old 2nd May 2005 at 4:27 AM
this is hott! but i am kinda hesitant but i do wanna kill some people
#72 Old 3rd May 2005 at 1:33 PM
effects where great.. but my sims were getting a little jiggy. my sim kept getting stuck, like a frozen sim. the fire was spreading but my sim wasnt moving, i could select items but they still didnt move.. i will try again later
Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd May 2005 at 2:35 PM
Ahhh, after a long day at work theres nothing quite like rounding up a bunch of townies and roasting 'em :flame:
Pleasantview has become a much more beautiful place
My sims and I thank you
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th May 2005 at 1:02 PM
Hehehe, wonderful fun, even if I did end up sending my sims into breakdowns while trying to set fire to the townie. Much thanks ^_^
Field Researcher
#75 Old 8th May 2005 at 12:53 PM Last edited by kitanazworld : 9th May 2005 at 3:57 AM.
"That's where I saw the leprechaun. He tells me to burn things." awesome job dude! Killing uninvited townies is fun!
Page 3 of 7