Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Merola's Time Control Clock

by Merola64 Posted 23rd Aug 2005 at 4:49 PM - Updated 12th Sep 2005 at 3:56 PM by Merola64

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#26 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 6:53 PM
Thanks, Merola, I linked someone from here to this hack at Various Simmers just the other day! I love this hack, and it works very well in my game.
Field Researcher
#27 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 3:37 AM
Hi Merola! Another fine hack you've got us into! I do have a question. I haven't played around with the settings much but I found at 50% the energy drain seems very fast. Sim gets up 6:00am, leaves for work @ 8:00am, by noon (1200hrs) sims energy is more than 1/2 gone I would guess 35-40% remaining. By 3:15pm sims energy is almost gone. As soon as he got home I used a power up cheat to max his needs. I do not mind this but worry about energy drain on expecting mom's and such. Does this sound right to you?
#28 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 5:51 AM
I love this Download, i've wanted something like this in the sims pretty much since the beginning.

The only suggestion I have, is could you possibly make it modify the Energy Decay rate to be equal to the new timescale? Like Billyd1000 said, when you are playing at a slower rate, the energy drops unproportional to the time of day. and it will throw your entire sims Sleep cycle totaly out of wack.

Most of the other needs arn't as important, as there easily fillable on your own, without really affecting the day to day life of your sim, It would be cool if they all got adjusted down % with the time scale, so that your "Day" experience would be about the same, but energy is the only one that really affects the whole day's play, having to goto bed earlier then normal and such.
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 12:36 AM
thank you so much, my sims days are way too long!!! now a day in simtime will only be 12 minutes instead of 24 when i set it to 200%, am i right?
Test Subject
#30 Old 2nd Sep 2005 at 9:06 PM
I like that item very much. Can we say " Insanity Time Speed " or " Warp Speed " ?
Scholar
#31 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 8:33 PM
Thanks sweetie! I have ALL of your hacks,and I love them ALL! You rock! :D
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 3:09 PM
clock
:mrpantha: Thanks for this. I have also downloaded the mind control mirror. Look forward to trying them out. :kami:
Cheers
cmp46
Scholar
#33 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 7:05 AM
I am totally impressed. This is freaking awesome, and I usually don't talk this way. Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 8:38 AM
When installing the clock, its awesome but i've noticed 2 things when using it, when I set it low down to 10% time slowage that the friendship level with other sims degrades alot faster, instead of just once a day its still going by quite frequently. There was another thread that I tried searching for that had similar responses before you had posted this one here and i'm still looking for it.

Right now set at 10% my sims in the afternoon are getting degradation at 4pm and also at 6pm each day, I havent noticed anything during the other hours but will check.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 7:26 PM
You are the best,I love your creations,I wouldn t play this game whithout your things,thank you.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 6:09 PM
thank u, i just hate waiting around for babys to pop out
#37 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 4:09 AM
I've had this object installed since I put in NL, it does still work without problems that I can see, I've also placed a couple on some community lots, (pain in the ass to get it there) and it also DOES slow down your date timer, letting you enjoy it more, and not be rushed thru just trying to max it as fast as possible.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jupiture
I've had this object installed since I put in NL, it does still work without problems that I can see, I've also placed a couple on some community lots, (pain in the ass to get it there) and it also DOES slow down your date timer, letting you enjoy it more, and not be rushed thru just trying to max it as fast as possible.

Cool. I hated how the dates are timed. Takes away from the fun

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
#39 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mojo
Cool. I hated how the dates are timed. Takes away from the fun

Yeah, the timer does go up if the date is going well, but I still felt too rushed to do good.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 16th Sep 2005 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jupiture
Yeah, the timer does go up if the date is going well, but I still felt too rushed to do good.

The time it gives you is only like 2 min. if you kiss or something. Shouldn't it give you time when you do bad so you can fix it?

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
#41 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 5:49 AM
i think this clock is just to cool! thank you ssooo much. do you think you could make lord reanef or eclipse from demon diary for me?
Test Subject
#42 Old 10th Oct 2005 at 4:15 PM
:wave:
I downloaded this about 2 days ago. I used it on one lot with no problems at all. The second lot I used it on I had a few problems. I never go over 160% for the time. That is quite fast & sometimes I go down some so the day doesn't go by to fast !!! LOL
The problems I were having is this:
After 1 day the school bus & carpool didn't arrive.
My married sim couple got pregnant (heard music after trying for baby woohoo) but after a day she never threw up or did the normal things pregnant sims do.
One of her aspirations was to marry a rich sim. I accomplished that but it never went off her aspiration chart. It just stayed there.

Can you help me ??

Thanks & I do love the object ! I have the aspiration painting as well. It's great for emergencies !!!

~Dawn~
P.S. I emailed you from your site simchaotics so pls forgive me if you are getting this twice. :sadpanda:
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 12:00 PM Last edited by Thraxwhirl : 11th Oct 2005 at 12:09 PM.
Well, I too have found this object is a bitter/sweet affair.

It's absolutely great in some respects because it does exactly what it says on the tin. Being able to adjust the speed at which time passes really is a joy.

However, the rate of motive and relationship decay is a cause for concern.

I moved a newly-created couple into a house and immediately set the timer at 20%. At first I didn't notice any problems, but by lunchtime I found that both sims(particularly the husband) where absolutely exhausted, and forever needing to eat and go to the lavatory.

The neighbours arrived to welcome them to the neighbourhood, and one of them - Mortimer Goth, who is of course an elder, and therefore has a faster rate of motive decay - needed to go home within an hour of arriving. Indeed, he never actually got to interact with my new couple.

The other two visitors(adults) remained for a while, but both showered twice, ate about three times, and had to go to the toilet thrice also. By about 3:30pm, they too had to leave.

At this point, my couple also needed their motives seriously addressing yet again. I had them eat, urinate and shower, then go to bed. At this point, less than one hour since the visitors had left, the wife was already getting phonecalls from the guests(she'd befriended them) asking why she wasn't keeping in touch these days, and she got two calls from both, back to back, in less time than it took to lie down.

By the time she was on the bed, these people were no longer her friends, even though(in one case) I'd used the InSIMinator to set the LTR as high as 40+!

So I sat and watched her Relationship Bar as she and hubby relaxed and talked on the bed. The STRs of her aquaintances were dropping at a truly alarming rate - about one point every two minutes!

Put that into perspective if you will - at 20% that means that you have to multiply these times by five to calculate the true rate of decay. Her friends had abandoned her within five hours of leaving! Mortimer Goth had become too tired to stay on the Lot within five hours also, and the STRs of her associates was dropping at a rate of one point every ten minutes.

In short, I do believe that the Decays are no longer correct, rather disproportionately exaggerated, and presumably dropping far faster than they should be, even taking into account the time adjustment. Aspiration probably goes the same way of course, but I'm using the Slow Asp Hack, so that kind of masked the problem.

I'm going to try downloading the Slow Motive Decay Hack too. Carrigon hosts it on Variousimmers(which surely should have an extra "s" in the middle, no?), and I'll see if that helps.

The only problem with that of course is that it's Global, and unalterable. Were I to set the timer at normal rate, my sims presumably wouldn't need to eat or sleep for days!

And furthermore, there is to my knowledge no hack as yet which slows the rate of Relationship Decay. A bummer if your sim's LTW is 20 Lovers or 20 Best Friends.

On the plus side however, I couldn't care less about the Carpool speed. At 20% setting the car should be gone in 12 sim minutes, but you still have the same amount of REAL Time to finish what you're doing and get out to the car. If you've woken your sim an hour before the car arrives, you've got more than enough time(effectively five times more) to have a bath, go to the toilet, have breakfast etc.

But then, of course, you encounter the problem again. By the time your sim comes home from school/work, he/she is on the brink of exhaustion, starvation, social deprivation and wetting him/herself, and you suddenly need to address every Motive pretty much simultaneously as he/she walks in through the door.

In summary, this hack is great in some respects, but it really could do with having a built-in feature so that Motive and Relationship Decay automatically match the speed of Time itself.

Quote:
I've also placed a couple on some community lots, (pain in the ass to get it there)

Ah yes, Jupiture, the "Changelotzoning" trick, eh? I'm with you. I've already emailed Merola to ask if this object could be made available in the Community Catalog. It would save us all a HECK of a lot of "Changelotzoning", given that you'd ultimately want one of these on every Lot in your Neighbourhood, eh?

But I do think it needs some updating so that the Decays match the Time.

Having said that though, it would be wrong of me, or any of us, to expect or demand that change, since Merola has given this away for free, and doesn't owe us a thing.

Still, if you read this, Merola, I for one would be truly truly appreciative if you'd consider making that Motive and Relationship Decay amendment. Given that Carrigon is already hosting Global Hacks for Slow Asp and Slow Motives, I do believe it is at least possible to tweak the speed of the two(even a feature to set it manually would be nice - more clicking when you setup the clock, but you'd then be able to do Time, Relationship and Motives independently).

I'd be extremely grateful if you'd give it a go.

Thanks.

Adam.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 4:35 PM
Next to the bame on main page, it says "All Games" but above it says "The Sims2 and UV". Which is it...I really like this hack!
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 11th Oct 2005 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Thraxwhirl : 13th Oct 2005 at 2:08 PM.
Well, I'm running Nightlife, and maybe that is the problem. The clock does indeed do it's job, but maybe the warp speed Motive/Relationship Decay is a compatibility issue with Nightlife.

To be fair, the ticks at the top of the opening post denote that it's compatibility is for TS2 Orig and Uni, but I wasn't aware of that when I DL'd it from Simchaotics of course. I would hazard a guess that other users who've found the same problem I have are probably also running NL, yes?

Hmmm. Yes, it seems billyd100 is running NL. I'd be interested to know what EP(s) jupiture and Frumph are using too.

Are you two folks running NL as well?
Test Subject
#46 Old 22nd Oct 2005 at 5:02 AM
Download link wont work anymore!! I wuold like to download it. Can anyone fix it?
Field Researcher
#47 Old 23rd Oct 2005 at 10:35 PM
For those who want an easy way to use this on community lots, I put it in a collection made available on community lots. Just unzip it to your COLLECTIONS folder (C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Collections), NOT your downloads folder.

Jade
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Merola's Time Clock for Comm Lots.zip (1.7 KB, 154 downloads)
Test Subject
#48 Old 31st Oct 2005 at 5:21 PM
I use this thing because I think the day/night cycle is way too fast if, for example, I have a house party going on. It's pretty much a must, though, to use the "multi painting" by the same author to satisfy needs when they get to dangerous levels because you weren't paying attention.

I think the problem some of you are experiencing (fast decay rates) is because this item only alters the TIME, i.e., day/night cycle. The decay rates are apparently on a different timer. So though it seems like one day has passed it's actually been 3 days and decay seems unproportionate.

Try the multi painting for help.here
Test Subject
#49 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 6:06 AM
I've tested with different familes to be sure, but my sims don't age with this clock. Maybe it goes too fast and skips the birthday. I don't have it set to agesims off. I never use that cheat. In any case. It's a great hack.
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 9:20 PM
I do like the hack, it works great when you speed things up. However, as others have mentioned, relationships greatly decline when you slow it down. I didn't really notice the needs going down more quickly, I just noticed the relationships would go down very fast.

That said, I will continue to use this to speed time up, just not to slow it down.
Page 2 of 4