Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2021 at 10:44 PM Last edited by MMouse : 11th Dec 2021 at 9:55 PM.
Attempting to make custom occults
Hello simmers! I was wondering if anyone could help me make some custom occults. With as large as the story telling community is, I feel as though some more variety is needed in the sims. I was wondering if it would be at all possible to add/build upon pre-existing occult types. I was interested in the following:

* DEMIGODS
* NYMPHS/FAES
* ELVES
* WITCH-DOCTORS
* SIRENS
* GIANTS

I know that this has been attempted in the past or at least the question has been brought up on the forums, but from what I can tell, nobody has been successful . Looking around, several ideas have been thrown around as to go about this such as making a hidden trait , making it a skill or triggering the occult with an object , or making a custom buffer/moodlet. I used to use Nraas Hybrid mod, but I wanted to expand on this.

What do you guys think? Do you think this could be possible or am I being a little too ambitious? I could love to here your feedback!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Dec 2021 at 12:03 PM
Yea it's doable with Hidden trait system and custom skill. And you will have to create new interactions for powers. It's definitely possible. But creating an occult that can transform their occult like Werewolf or temporary stuff like zombie, tragic clown etc. will be a bit more difficult.

I have no idea how you will create giants.
Foe Elves. It's already possible to create Elf looking Sims. And you can create a trait for Elves. And then use Nraas MC to give them the Elf trait that you can create and their children will probably inherit the trait as well. You will have to then create Elf magic Interactions.
Not sure about Nymphs and Faes. Fairies already exist. But yea the same as above.
Demigods. Same way. Custom Trait, Custom Interaction.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2021 at 9:47 PM
Hello @PuddingFace! Thank you for your feedback!

I've had thoughts as to how this would work + what combinations of preexisting abilities I would add on to some of these said occults if you'd be open to hearing about them!
Test Subject
#4 Old 12th Dec 2021 at 2:26 AM
this would be really cool i wish you luck!
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Dec 2021 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MMouse
Hello @PuddingFace! Thank you for your feedback!

I've had thoughts as to how this would work + what combinations of preexisting abilities I would add on to some of these said occults if you'd be open to hearing about them!

Yea sure!

Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 7:39 AM
I'll start with elves since I feel as though that would be the easiest: For elves, I could see them being a cross between witches and fairies. They'd live longer, they would learn skills like Alchemy quicker than a human sim, they'd be able to pull pranks (Inner Beauty, Bloom, Chattering Teeth, and Hot Head), preform certain spells (Conversion Ritual, Sunlight Charm, and the Pestilence Curse).

I could also imagine them having a few unique abilities such as draining energy/magic from other sims, summoning sims to themselves, the ability to bring sims back from the dead (not as ghosts or zombies), ability to change the weather and cure illnesses and fleas Similar, but different!
Scholar
#7 Old 15th Dec 2021 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MMouse
I'll start with elves since I feel as though that would be the easiest: For elves, I could see them being a cross between witches and fairies. They'd live longer, they would learn skills like Alchemy quicker than a human sim, they'd be able to pull pranks (Inner Beauty, Bloom, Chattering Teeth, and Hot Head), preform certain spells (Conversion Ritual, Sunlight Charm, and the Pestilence Curse).

I could also imagine them having a few unique abilities such as draining energy/magic from other sims, summoning sims to themselves, the ability to bring sims back from the dead (not as ghosts or zombies), ability to change the weather and cure illnesses and fleas Similar, but different!

Those are really cool ideas.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Dec 2021 at 1:28 AM
For sirens, I could imagine you become a siren like how you become a normal mermaid. You can retrieve "mysterious kelp" from either another siren or by scuba diving and finding it at dive spots. When consumed, you will temporarily turn into a siren as a form of curse. After a few days, it will wear off. However, while you are a siren, your scuba diving skill would max out + you'd receive another skill which would be like the Charisma skill.

With this skill, you will be able to affect people and the environment by singing to them (like how you do in World Adventures). As a siren you could: swoon someone and immediately make them fall in love with you (and make them break up with their partner), cause people to become enemies and fight, trick people into giving you things from their inventory (like money or gems), trick people into cleaning or repairing objects on your lot, summon the Kraken or sharks, and lure people to sleep.
Scholar
#9 Old 20th Dec 2021 at 1:17 PM
I like your ideas. Are you going to make an occult mod like this?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Dec 2021 at 4:37 AM
I'm hoping I can! It's definitely something I can see myself working on long term! My only worry is actually finishing and making it safe to use for all users to enjoy!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2022 at 11:28 PM
Default *Elf Update!*
!PROGRESS UPDATE!

I decided to give making elves a try! I have never done animations in Blender and it is definitely a new experience for me!

Following this tutorial by PixiedustMachinima, I imported a staff and got to work!

It's looking pretty okay so far!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th Mar 2022 at 2:39 AM
Default Starting over
So I just finished 3 animations only to find out that you can't export them unless you use Blender 2.79 or lower . Looks like I'm going to have to start over! You live and you learn!

In the meantime, here's a look at what I already had done
Screenshots
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Mar 2022 at 12:22 PM
Can you open the project on 2.79? Maybe you can copy the keyframes?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Mar 2022 at 6:40 AM
There was an attempt to try and transfer the animation files over and open them in 2.79, but it only let me transfer them to 2.80 before it lost all the data.

But that's okay! I restarted and the animations are actually looking a lot better! 3 done, about 10 to go!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jul 2022 at 2:40 AM
Default !Update: July, 24th 2022!
Boink! Hey, I'm not dead! Shocking!

It's been a few months, but I'm still working on this mod, slowly but surely! Work and college has slowed my progress down, but it's coming along! I have managed to fill out a complete list of everything that needs to be done for this mod so let me tell you what's done! Just figured I'd give a little update on progress!

So far, I have completed:
* A CAS Icon
* A new skill icon
* A new skill description
* Some custom clothing
* And additional animations

[IMG]Here's a sneak peak of what's going on behind the scenes![/IMG]

Now that everything is out of the way, I was hoping to get some assistance on the actual "modding" process! I've done some java script in the past, but it seems like the Sims 3 is a little more complex than what I was anticipating! I've watched PuddingFace's 's modding videos, but I could still use a little help! If anyone could offer any help or advice, that would be greatly appreciated!

Signing off for now !
Screenshots