Locked thread | Replies: 1670 (Who?), Viewed: 397905 times. | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 42 of 67
Lab Assistant
#1026 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punk_and_Disorderly
Zombie apocalypse would be cool in a way, but I keep thinking that it would happen when you really don't want it to.
"My sim is in a perfect mood, time for that promotion! Wait, what is that? Argh, hell naw! Begone foul beast!"




True, true.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#1027 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:39 PM
I just want the weather. Is that too much to ask EA?!!?!one *is very bitter*

Anyway, I'd love to see realistic, changing weather and seasons. With extreme nature conditions too, like earthquakes and tornadoes. I'd love to see things happen like some parts of the roads would floor or be covered with so much snow that sims couldn't move away with cars and other vehicles for a while, and oh man, BLACKOUTS. No electronic devices would work, and everything in the fridge would rot if it would last too long... and during extreme weather occasions, there could sometimes be panics throughout the town or something, and stuff would run out from the stores...
And also, with that EP could come a new option for the stereos - radio channels! Annoying un-funny show hosts, news, callers... in simlish! And during blackouts and other extreme times, you could in random occasion hear the warning of a incoming tornado or something if you had the radio open (popup window would appear in the top right).
Lab Assistant
#1028 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
I just want the weather. Is that too much to ask EA?!!?!one *is very bitter*

Anyway, I'd love to see realistic, changing weather and seasons. With extreme nature conditions too, like earthquakes and tornadoes. I'd love to see things happen like some parts of the roads would floor or be covered with so much snow that sims couldn't move away with cars and other vehicles for a while, and oh man, BLACKOUTS. No electronic devices would work, and everything in the fridge would rot if it would last too long... and during extreme weather occasions, there could sometimes be panics throughout the town or something, and stuff would run out from the stores...
And also, with that EP could come a new option for the stereos - radio channels! Annoying un-funny show hosts, news, callers... in simlish! And during blackouts and other extreme times, you could in random occasion hear the warning of a incoming tornado or something if you had the radio open (popup window would appear in the top right).


YES! I would SO buy that.
Test Subject
#1029 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
I just want the weather. Is that too much to ask EA?!!?!one *is very bitter*

Anyway, I'd love to see realistic, changing weather and seasons. With extreme nature conditions too, like earthquakes and tornadoes. I'd love to see things happen like some parts of the roads would floor or be covered with so much snow that sims couldn't move away with cars and other vehicles for a while, and oh man, BLACKOUTS. No electronic devices would work, and everything in the fridge would rot if it would last too long... and during extreme weather occasions, there could sometimes be panics throughout the town or something, and stuff would run out from the stores...
And also, with that EP could come a new option for the stereos - radio channels! Annoying un-funny show hosts, news, callers... in simlish! And during blackouts and other extreme times, you could in random occasion hear the warning of a incoming tornado or something if you had the radio open (popup window would appear in the top right).



Awh, I really have to say that it sounds awesome.
I keep going back to playing TS2 pretty much because I love to have neighborhoods where it is always winter; because the snow is so cozy.

Also, having a warning-signal blasting as your sims hide in the basement would be fun. But then I'd have to say that the extreme events that would force you to take some serious precautions would have to be rare, or else it could be very obstructing.

It's a trap.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#1030 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:51 PM
Punk_and_Disorderly

Yes, I'd imagine an option like in TS2 where you'd choose the weather cycle, but with addition of extreme weather, like how often and what kind of extreme weather would be in that specific world. So you'd be able to have worlds with weather and nature suitable to it's theme.
Test Subject
#1031 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisanae
A superhero EP, man, that would be so awesome. And it could be done so well.


I know right? And they've had the superhero/villain-theme in TS2 as the endings for the Law and Criminal-career so why not dive into it?

It's a trap.
Test Subject
#1032 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 5:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
Punk_and_Disorderly

Yes, I'd imagine an option like in TS2 where you'd choose the weather cycle, but with addition of extreme weather, like how often and what kind of extreme weather would be in that specific world. So you'd be able to have worlds with weather and nature suitable to it's theme.


That would be great, and I for one would greatly appreciate some difference between the neighborhoods temperature-wise. As the summer'y 'hoods that are in the game now don't really give you any feeling of them being in different parts of the world.

It's a trap.
Lab Assistant
#1033 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 7:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
I just want the weather. Is that too much to ask EA?!!?!one *is very bitter*

Anyway, I'd love to see realistic, changing weather and seasons. With extreme nature conditions too, like earthquakes and tornadoes. I'd love to see things happen like some parts of the roads would floor or be covered with so much snow that sims couldn't move away with cars and other vehicles for a while, and oh man, BLACKOUTS. No electronic devices would work, and everything in the fridge would rot if it would last too long... and during extreme weather occasions, there could sometimes be panics throughout the town or something, and stuff would run out from the stores...
And also, with that EP could come a new option for the stereos - radio channels! Annoying un-funny show hosts, news, callers... in simlish! And during blackouts and other extreme times, you could in random occasion hear the warning of a incoming tornado or something if you had the radio open (popup window would appear in the top right).


This all sounds awesome As much as I liked weather in Sims 2, I thought it was very basic. And why they decided to make the Sims go to the window to acknowledge it was raining is beyond me. Natural disasters would be awesome, especially now in the seamless neighborhood. I'm sure they could implement an option or cheat to turn them off (sort of like opportunities), for people with low end computers or for those who don't want their town messed up.

Whenever we get weather, I sure hope this time around there's a little more awareness of it than there was in Sims 2, and I don't mean gawking out the window either I want Sims to grab an umbrella if it's raining for example. I want toddlers and even kids to be frightened of thunderstorms, maybe based on their traits. Hell, even adults with the "coward" trait should be afraid

Since weather is one of the most coveted EP's, I really hope they go all out this time around. Seasons seemed a little simplistic, like they just scraped together enough to appease the fans, but not really enough to wow them :P
Forum Resident
#1034 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 11:35 AM
One thing that is annoying me immensely is the fact that vamps get burnt outside whether in the sun or shade. Constantly "get that vamp inside!!" I've even downloaded that Twilight mod (So not into twilight AT ALL! DIE!) just for the annoyance, but the notifications still come up.. anyway, I was getting onto the link with weather and how perhaps when there is a thunderstorm/thick cloud/dull days vamps SHOULD be able to wonder about during the day without getting notified. Also perhaps they could use the umbrella that normal sims use in the rain for the sun... And sun block!! Oh.. the possibilities!

Go suck an elf...
Top Secret Researcher
#1035 Old 11th Apr 2011 at 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo_pad
One thing that is annoying me immensely is the fact that vamps get burnt outside whether in the sun or shade. Constantly "get that vamp inside!!" I've even downloaded that Twilight mod (So not into twilight AT ALL! DIE!) just for the annoyance, but the notifications still come up.. anyway, I was getting onto the link with weather and how perhaps when there is a thunderstorm/thick cloud/dull days vamps SHOULD be able to wonder about during the day without getting notified. Also perhaps they could use the umbrella that normal sims use in the rain for the sun... And sun block!! Oh.. the possibilities!


You remind me of "Day Breaker" the movie where all humans turned into vampires and are the majority, while they treat original humans like ... either food source or aliens. Not meaning to give you too much spoiler (and I think it is a good movie even if it is just to suggest a perspective into our society as if we are all vampires), it shows how vampires live and work during day time: their car's windows all covered up at the push of button, and windows replaced by monitors with outside camera. They also have their personal suits with helmets to protect against the sun (as military equipments). Although, imagine how easy it is to kill them just to find a way to let them exposed to the sun, even just a rip in the clothes. They would die real fast if they don't run for cover.

Anyway, TS3 has no way to calculate "shades" I don't think. If your vampire is in the room and you accidentally hammer a wall in Build mode, your vampire will burn.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Forum Resident
#1036 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 2:39 PM
Daybreakers? Yeah, I like that movie! Sam Neill's lisp - LMAO! He plays no morals well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomomi1922
Anyway, TS3 has no way to calculate "shades" I don't think. If your vampire is in the room and you accidentally hammer a wall in Build mode, your vampire will burn.


This is a shame

Sun Block then, at least, surely!

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#1037 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 2:18 PM
I'd love an EP based on highschool and teens. Something obviously with way more teen romance, and substances, legal troubles.
Field Researcher
#1038 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 8:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micaelove
I'd love an EP based on highschool and teens. Something obviously with way more teen romance, and substances, legal troubles.


Maybe Generations will be a similar experience.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Test Subject
#1039 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 6:54 AM
I'd like to see an EP that's focused to sports. the only sport i ever see in TS3 is soccer. and i think it's soccer. well what about basketball? football? there's a football in the outdoor section... why can't we play a game with the neighborhood? and a little bit further, what about the indy cars we got in fast lane? i think a sports EP could give some more depth to the careers. ambitions gave more depth to the medical. this could give more depth to the athletic, business, and journalism career.
Forum Resident
#1040 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 12:02 PM
I'd love a sport or activity EP, like freetime(?) for TS2 but with a purpose.. like actual clubs that your little simmies can go to after school and that, that you could actually see with a coach! Athletics, ballet, football, rugby, basketball, netball, rounders!

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#1041 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 11:32 AM
What happened to all the cool novelty objects EA used to bring out for the Sims 1?

Remember the Scuba diving tank, Sky Diving Simulation machine, Rodeo Bull, Dancing Cages, the Sauna Machines?

I think all these items brought to the Sims humor, something which I think the Sims 3 is lacking.

I wish EA would bring out another expansion such as Makin' Magic, or Superstar. I know a lot here would probably disagree with me, however Magic in Apartment Life while fun for a little while didn't really feel deep at all, didn't have all the cool stuff like a baby dragon, Skeleton Maid, etc, etc, all things which brought charm and fun to the game.

With Late Night, where are all the cool features that were included in Superstar, the Photo Shoots, the Fashion Runway, etc etc? It makes Late Night feels very bare bones. Surely with each incarnation of the Franchise they should be outdoing themselves.. well, it doesn't really feel like this in the case to me.

I just wish the Sims wouldn't take itself so seriously and re-introduce some of the humor which made the games so charming in the first place
Forum Resident
#1042 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 5:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brillo_pad
I'd love a sport or activity EP, like freetime(?) for TS2 but with a purpose.. like actual clubs that your little simmies can go to after school and that, that you could actually see with a coach! Athletics, ballet, football, rugby, basketball, netball, rounders!


Yes! I feel like sports is such a huge part of human culture and yet it's always been such a small part of the game. I definitely think they need an EP dedicated to sports and recreation but something a bit more in-depth than FreeTime. Personally, I didn't like FreeTime. I thought it was more SP than EP.

Ideally, I'd like to see a sports/recreational EP combined with an OFB EP. There needs to be life outside of school and work that doesn't involve clubbing or going back for multiple Spine Reticulators.

I'd like to see Sims have more of a life pursuit, something that drives and motivates them outside of school, work, family. Sims can gain interests either naturally (from repetitive actions that you dictate or their traits) or you can assign them interests at some point during aging or maybe at school via clubs. Those interests can carry them through the rest of their lives.

I'd like to see the ability for Sims who have peaked in the game to spend their time teaching others. Maybe there could be a community center where Sims can rent space for a few hours and offer their expertise in a class. Random Sims can show up and learn from them and actually gain skill points. You can offer the class for free or charge a fee (which would affect how many Sims show up). Or more privately, Sims can become a mentor to someone. Like an elder Sim who retired at the top of the Athletic career can mentor a budding teen or YA who is just starting out. Mentors have similar roles to parents and can develop strong relationships with their proteges.

Sims with similar interests should get along faster and better. Sims can also pretend to be interested in certain things to score points with a potential friend or paramour. Parents can also share their interests with their kids, doing group projects. Sims should also be able to form groups with other Sims of like interests. For instance, if my Sim meets another Sim and it turns out they both have an interest in Finance, they can start a finance group. You can set up meetings either online or in person (via a rabbit hole which you have to rent) to share ideas and stock tips and even throw parties with your group members.

Also Sims who have have the money, can use their interests and outside skills to start their own business. For instance, you have a Sim who is in the Business Career but also has an interest in Cooking. They can quit their job and open a restaurant. If they don't have enough money, they can actually seek out investors like friends who have interests in something like Cooking or Finance, maybe by throwing something similar to a Fundraising Campaign Party or you can ask a close (and rich!) friend or family member to become partners. Your Sim would still run it but the investors would get a share in the profits. Of course Sims can also take up an interest in sewing to make custom clothing and cobbling to make custom shoes and jewelry-making to finally have some real use for all the gems in the game.

I'd also love an Entrepreneurial Trait for Sims who are more independent self-starters and a Free Spirit Trait for Sims who just want to focus on enjoying life with any real focus.

That's probably WAY too much that they would ever put in an EP but that would be my dream EP.
Instructor
#1043 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 6:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olomaya
I'd like to see the ability for Sims who have peaked in the game to spend their time teaching others. Maybe there could be a community center where Sims can rent space for a few hours and offer their expertise in a class. Random Sims can show up and learn from them and actually gain skill points. You can offer the class for free or charge a fee (which would affect how many Sims show up). Or more privately, Sims can become a mentor to someone. Like an elder Sim who retired at the top of the Athletic career can mentor a budding teen or YA who is just starting out. Mentors have similar roles to parents and can develop strong relationships with their proteges.


The other ideas you mentioned do sound cool.

However, you can gain part of this functionality if you get a sim's logic skill to level 10. At that point, they can "tutor" another sim in most skills, as long as the other sim doesn't have as high of a skill level as they do.

There are no age group restrictions on who's the tutor, and who's being tutored. So theoretically, a child sim could teach his father about fishing or painting. However, it won't allow a sim to learn a skill they otherwise couldn't learn. Like, you can't have a sim teach a child sim about mixology or cooking.

Also, tutoring will satisfy the social need, and if I remember correctly, will boost the relationship score. I haven't used tutoring very much (it's a slow method for learning skills).

There are also some skills that can't be passed on by tutoring. From what I remember, they are Charisma, Athletic, and Martial Arts.

However, the Athletic and Martial Arts skills can be passed on with the "Train" interaction, provided your sim has a high enough skill. There's no requirement for a logic skill of 10 either.

The idea of holding a class does sound cool. Your sims can take such classes, but why can't they teach them? If this ever becomes possible, I do hope they will integrate skills from all the other EPs at the time.
Forum Resident
#1044 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC0722
The other ideas you mentioned do sound cool.

However, you can gain part of this functionality if you get a sim's logic skill to level 10. At that point, they can "tutor" another sim in most skills, as long as the other sim doesn't have as high of a skill level as they do.

There are no age group restrictions on who's the tutor, and who's being tutored. So theoretically, a child sim could teach his father about fishing or painting. However, it won't allow a sim to learn a skill they otherwise couldn't learn. Like, you can't have a sim teach a child sim about mixology or cooking.

Also, tutoring will satisfy the social need, and if I remember correctly, will boost the relationship score. I haven't used tutoring very much (it's a slow method for learning skills).

There are also some skills that can't be passed on by tutoring. From what I remember, they are Charisma, Athletic, and Martial Arts.

However, the Athletic and Martial Arts skills can be passed on with the "Train" interaction, provided your sim has a high enough skill. There's no requirement for a logic skill of 10 either.

The idea of holding a class does sound cool. Your sims can take such classes, but why can't they teach them? If this ever becomes possible, I do hope they will integrate skills from all the other EPs at the time.


I had thought of the tutoring and training already in the game which is why I figure this is something EA should be able to expand on it in later EPs as well as let us make money off of it on a mass scale (e.g. tutoring or training large groups of Sims at once). Also, animation wise, it'd be nice to see them actually do the act (a Sim teaching another to cook by actually cooking, or showing someone how to fix a dishwasher, etc.).

I'm not sure as I haven't use the "tutor" feature in a while but I don't think you have to max out the skill to use it, I think the Sim who last utilized the feature in my game had a 5 or 6. But it's been a while.
Theorist
#1045 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 1:05 AM
Trapdoors.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#1046 Old 18th Apr 2011 at 2:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tizerist
Trapdoors.


if only someone can create admiral ackbar... IT'S A TRAP! lol

Excellent! I have made the perfect sim! I shall name him... Bob?
Forum Resident
#1047 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 3:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arisuka
Yes, I'd imagine an option like in TS2 where you'd choose the weather cycle, but with addition of extreme weather, like how often and what kind of extreme weather would be in that specific world. So you'd be able to have worlds with weather and nature suitable to it's theme.

Climates! Yes, please!

I was always annoyed trying to pick out seasons for Strangetown in TS2, since yes, it was a desert and that suggested lots of summers, but the only true defining characteristic of a desert is lack of precipitation (but then you get occasional thunderstorms and flooding...), and they can get cold, especially at night, so no combination of seasons seemed right.

If we were able to define temperature ranges and weather conditions per season, though...mmm...
Instructor
#1048 Old 20th Apr 2011 at 4:50 AM Last edited by BenC0722 : 21st Apr 2011 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by olomaya
I'm not sure as I haven't use the "tutor" feature in a while but I don't think you have to max out the skill to use it, I think the Sim who last utilized the feature in my game had a 5 or 6. But it's been a while.


Maxing the logic skill is the only requirement for tutoring to become an option.

The requirements for one sim to tutor another are as follows:

- Logic Skill must be 10.
- The teacher must have a higher skill level in that specific skill (to tutor) than the student. For example, if the teacher has a writing skill of 8, and the student has a writing skill of 4, then tutoring in writing becomes possible.
- If the student is a child, it must be a skill he may otherwise learn. Those skills are Logic, Painting, Fishing, Photography, Writing, and Inventing.


For the Athletic and Martial Arts skills, the requirements are similar, but not the same.

- Logic skill of 10 is NOT required.
- Athletic skill must be at least 6 to train other sims in Athleticism.
- Martial Arts skill must be at least 7 to train other sims in Martial Arts.
- The student can't have a skill level that's higher than the teacher.
- Instead of just lecturing, an appropriate skill building object must be on the lot. So the training dummy for Martial Arts, or one of the exercise machines for Athleticism.


I do think it's strange that theoretically, a child sim can build a time machine, but not use it. Makes no sense to me. Then again, they can catch sharks, piranhas, and death fish, but can't cook pancakes or fix a leaky faucet? But I digress.


I do agree that it would be nicer if the tutoring was more involved. That instead of lecturing, the teacher can actually show the student. Seeing sims cook together is one good idea (would be better if they could make a dish together, and it says the student prepared it). For writing, I'd like it if they would both sit in front of a computer, with the teacher sitting off to the side. And so on.
Lab Assistant
#1049 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 10:28 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simpro...57626246923072/
Freezer bunny in the rain?
ZOMG weather is coming!

LOL conspiracy theories
Lab Assistant
#1050 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:41 PM
Hey, I'm not sure whether I've chosen the right topic, but I need to express my thoughts aloud. xD

So I've just seen the poll on http://www.thesims3.com/community with the question "Which of these game features sound the most exciting?" with the four possible answers to choose:
1) Social features - in-game messaging, friends lists, send Sims to your friends' games!
2) New ACTIVE entertainment career paths - live in the spotlight!
3) Run your own entertainment resort - attract tourists, hire entertainers, keep guests happy!
4) Live in a full resort town- Casinos, entertainment venues and a town full of fun attractions for your Sims!

It sounds really exciting to me and who knows - maybe some day there would be an EP with theme parks, casinos and more? That would be so great!

How do you think?
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 42 of 67
Back to top