Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Functional Microphone and Stand (Cloned from Mirror)

by Esmeralda Posted 20th May 2011 at 6:13 PM - Updated 21st Feb 2012 at 10:12 AM by EsmeraldaF : Just some changes to text

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 7:19 PM
Looks good!
But can't found the microphone
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 6:48 PM
Can't believe I just now found this! I've been looking for a mic like this for AGES! I was like "That's clever!" when I saw you said it was cloned from a mirror!
THANKS POST
#53 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 3:51 PM
champion thanks mate
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#54 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 8:15 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#55 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:35 AM
I love the idea, but it doesn't work in my game. Is there any solution?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#56 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J.U
I love the idea, but it doesn't work in my game. Is there any solution?

It's just a simple mirror clone, so it should work in anybody's game. Without any more specific detail than 'it doesn't work in my game', I can't give any solution except to say to make sure you've installed it correctly according to the instructions on the Description page - see 'INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS" near the bottom.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 11:22 AM
i do everything but i didn't found it in Decor/mirrors the 350$ item is an normal mirror :/ help please
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laura Styles
i do everything but i didn't found it in Decor/mirrors the 350$ item is an normal mirror :/ help please

Please check that you followed the instructions under 'INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS' correctly, and if necessary, click the link that tells you step by step how to install custom content for The Sims 3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 3:02 PM
This is Work so good i like it very much <3 the microphone in the game looks amazing <3 Thank YOU!
Test Subject
#60 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 3:03 PM
This work amazing now thanks!!
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Please check that you followed the instructions under 'INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS' correctly, and if necessary, click the link that tells you step by step how to install custom content for The Sims 3.
This work amazing now thanks!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 8:15 PM
thanks for posting this :)
Instructor
#62 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 12:08 PM
Hi JJ and to anyone who is finding this object difficult to use I gain a lot of pleasure from my Sims using this object so I will try and explain how to get it working in a way you may find helpful.

First of all it works perfectly for me on 1.67 patch

the object should be found under your mirrors category in buy mode if it isn't something is not right.

From memory I think it can be used to make speeches however I use further mods and objects to make it look like my Sims are singing with animation.I will try and post a picture of this if I am able

Once you have downloaded the microphone you need a further object called One More Slot Please which can be used for adjusting the height of your microphone in CM up or down. It looks like a square tile and appears in the buy mode Surfaces --> Misc.

once the square is placed in the location of your choice, then place the Microphone on top of the square and from this position you will be able to adjust the height of the microphone up or down to the size of your sims. This mod/object can be sound on the following link and is made by @granthes

http://www.modthesims.info/d/428179

The next object you are going to need to make the singing animations work is cmar's animation player, This object is found in Misc/Decorations and needs to be placed close by to the microphone. Once placed you need to click on the player to add to playlist, in this case your animation codes to make it look like your sims are singing into the microphone are as follows and need to be placed into the playlist exactly to work:

a_mmd_mic_1
a_mmd_mic_2
a_mmd_mic_3
a_mmd_mic_4
a_mmd_mic_5

The animation player can be found on the following link:

http://modthesims.info/d/441682

now you have everything you need to make it look like your sims are using the microphone to sing however getting the sims in the right position to make the animations look perfect can be tricky so what I do is click on the microphone and order my sim to practice a speech then when they are as close to the microphone as that will get them, I pause the game and move objects on then move my sim as close to the mic as I can adjusting the height if necessary so the mic itself is aligned with my sims mouth, then click on the animation player to play looped and your sim will animate as if they are using the microphone to sing a song for as long as the animation player is left on looped.

I hope this makes sense to anyone seeking this sort of animation.

if you want to see what the singing animation looks like in game take a look at the following video

http://ausagi.blogspot.co.nz/2012/0...n-download.html

There are also many other animations on ausagi's blog that I use and you can choose the ones you may like the most.

I have a family of sims who stand and sing in a row with the microphone and behind them using another animation player the remaining family members dance using Umpa's dance sequence mods and animation codes which can be found on the following link:
http://umpa77.blogspot.co.uk/2012/0...d-galaxias.html

I don't have a great photo of the family singing as I mainly made videos of that but the following photo shows my 1 YA sim starting to sing at the microphone while my 2 teens are in the background to start and dance. You can see the animation player at the front of the photograph in-front of the floor lights which is only used with the animation codes shown above for the singing and if you look to the left of the photo you can just see the the other animation player which has been set for dance sequences only.

[IMG] free image hosting[/IMG]

The reason the microphone has to be perfectly placed near your sims lips is some of the actions include the sim holding on to the mic with both hands which is not shown in the above photo so I have attached a further photo of my sim holding the mic while singing but you should now be able to get an idea of the singing and dancing stories you may wish to make.

[IMG] pictures upload[/IMG]

I apologize for the long post and I am not even sure its allowed but I wanted to help others achieve their singing and dancing dreams for their sims too... LOL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 1:08 PM
Thanks for the tips on how downloaders can use this mic for other purposes than it was originally made for, but, I just want to point out that this object is not 'difficult to use' and that it is not necessary for downloaders to do what you say in your post in order to use it. They can use this item 'straight out of the box' just as I state on the Description Page. And yes, this mic does allow the sim to make speeches ('Practice Speech'), and all other Mirror functions, without the need for any mods or custom animations.

However, am glad you're finding this item useful for other purposes by using additional mods and animations - looks like you've done some very clever and versatile stuff with it!

(And in case you haven't seen it, there is also Arsil's 'Stand Up Comedy' mod which he made using this mic: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=537054 )
Instructor
#64 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Thanks for the tips on how downloaders can use this mic for other purposes than it was originally made for, but, I just want to point out that this object is not 'difficult to use' and that it is not necessary for downloaders to do what you say in your post in order to use it. They can use this item 'straight out of the box' just as I state on the Description Page. And yes, this mic does allow the sim to make speeches ('Practice Speech'), and all other Mirror functions, without the need for any mods or custom animations.

However, am glad you're finding this item useful for other purposes by using additional mods and animations - looks like you've done some very clever and versatile stuff with it!

(And in case you haven't seen it, there is also Arsil's 'Stand Up Comedy' mod which he made using this mic: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=537054 )

Hi Esmeralda,

Apologies if my lengthy post made using the object sound difficult I did not mean it to come out that way-) and I certainly would hope downloaders of the object never felt forced to do things my way I was just trying to point out in order how I managed to get a dancing singing family where use of the mic looked natural etc if that's what they were trying to do.

Thanks for the link to Arsil's stand up comedy mod I will defo be trying that out too as I love this sort of content in my game. I suppose I will get more used to posting in time as despite being a long time member of website I have not posted much as I have never felt I had anything too useful to add LOL...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 2:54 PM
No worries, the stuff you posted about the mods and animations was very interesting and helpful, so you definitely had something useful to add! Hope you'll enjoy the Stand Up Comedy mod, too - I've tried it myself and found it fun.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 3rd Aug 2017 at 11:18 AM
Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#67 Old 22nd Jan 2019 at 11:54 PM
I really enjoy this object thanks SO much !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 5:09 PM
It's nice if this would have the interactions of that podium from the University Life pack, but it's nice nonetheless.
Page 3 of 3