Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Custard" Anti-Puddingface Texture Replacer

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:15 AM

173 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 165 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cookniro
I want the sim Custard o4 (dark male) in my game. Damn, he's hansome. His hair coloring is even clear and not muddy looking. Is he downloadable??? I love what you do. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, he is hot. I want him too.
Test Subject
#77 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:13 PM
Thank you again, HP, for all your hard work.

I, for one, was laughing when I read the install instructions.

Everyone knows if you add bacon it makes it uber.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:39 PM
I Solved The Missing Worldcache Folder Issue!
Hey all. Just thought I'd share my findings so those of you with this issue can relax.

I'm running VISTA 64bit but I don't think this is a VISTA issue at all. I think I saw posts from XP users as well that say they can't find the WorldCache folder anywhere. Well neither could I, until just a few minutes ago.

It has to do with the 2nd neighborhood, Riverview. I have it downloaded & installed but until just a few minutes ago I didn't have a SAVED game using Riverview, I only had 2 saved games using the default neighborhood. And so I didn't have a WorldCache folder either.

I went in & started a new "game" with Riverview 'hood, chose a Sim from Sim bin, had her buy a lot & opened the lot, then saved & exited back to desktop. I then went to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\...and the last folder on the list was WorldCaches! It contains 2 files:

Riverview_objects.package, Riverview_sims.package

I didn't have a WorldCaches folder until I made a new saved game using the Riverview 'hood. So the mystery is solved! If you either don't have Riverview neighborhood installed OR you don't have a saved game using that neighborhood, you probably won't have the WorldCaches folder!

SO, if YOU don't see a WorldCache folder in your DOCUMENTS\ELECTRONIC ARTS\THE SIMS 3\ folder, don't worry about it!

H.P. it would be nice if you could say something about this in your OP where you mention deleting the cache files & folder. And a big thank you for this update! I had your v1 but deleted & am using this one (until you come up with an even better version)! LOL

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#79 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 12:56 AM
are these compatiable with your last mod?
Field Researcher
#80 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starlabby
are these compatiable with your last mod?

You really should read the opening post.

Quoted from first post:

"Please note that these would -only- conflict with the increased texture detail for faces - these are JUST face textures. You can still use the increased shine files as well as the body skins I have previously released - just get rid of the face textures you have had previously and these will work fine.

Important info!

Please actually read this stuff. I know it's just SO much fun to ask stupid questions I've already answered, but save my sanity and actually read for once? Pretty please with bacon on top?"

Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
kimheim - YES it is. I was hoping someone would recognize her! She still needs a bit of tweaking (her nose goes too wide once in-game) but my True Blood obsession know no limit. :D

Seriously? I can't believe someone so famous in the sims community adores True Blood like I do! You should really upload Sookie when you get a chance. You did an excellent job. Maybe your obsession would lead you to making Bill one day, hmm?? I would be majorly pleased if you did, along with any other TB stuff you got lying around. :D
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:32 AM
Default Very, very cool!
Very, very cool! You have moved evolution on Sims 3 sims way forward. Sims 3 sims mods need to get a lot closer to detail of Sims 2 sims mods! Looking forward to Cherries jubilee!
Test Subject
#83 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 2:27 AM
Great work! It's actually kind of creepy how realistic they look now.
Test Subject
#84 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 3:39 AM
The new improved sims are most welcome, and the installation instructions are as good as your artwork. Sure hope you remain inspired and ambitious. Thanks a million.
Test Subject
#85 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:42 AM
You are just too full of awesome. :D
Test Subject
#86 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:05 AM
These are completely delicious. I love custard! I thought the first facial texture mods were good, but these are even better. Bon apetit! Or something.
Not actually evil.
#87 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:08 AM
The men look quite good! The eyes especially are a big improvement over EA pudding.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 9:01 AM
Basic Download and Install Instructions:

1. Purchase Panties

2. Extract from Package

3. Put around ankles and raise to waist

4. Check yourself out in a mirror and send pics to Delphy

This is by far the most helping and fun install instructions
I've ever seen.....
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#89 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 10:52 AM
kimheim - TS3 not having vampires is a bit discouraging for making Bill... Well, that, and I <3 Eric.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:47 PM Last edited by aurian : 23rd Jun 2009 at 1:48 PM. Reason: link instead of embedding picture
Love the new defaults!

For those who are curious, here's a before/after shot of how this (and the new default eyes) have changed the look of my game: http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/...m3-defaults.jpg
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 2:38 PM
Wow! That change is amazing. Thanks, HP. I can't stand to look at the dolls in Sims3. This mod makes them fantastic. I appreciate all your hard work, and I'm looking forward to the next one already.

PS: I love your install instructions! I expected you to write "Big Girl" in there somewhere.
Test Subject
#92 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 2:55 PM
Default Nice
Quote: Originally posted by aurian
Love the new defaults!

For those who are curious, here's a before/after shot of how this (and the new default eyes) have changed the look of my game: http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/...m3-defaults.jpg

Nice pics aurian, Thanks for sharing! Suggestion: This could be the beginning of a nice related page; people posting pics of what they do with this mod!

DDude
Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:32 PM
First of all, thanks a lot for these skins.

Secondly, still stuck on the World Cache folder thing. I know where mine is, found the files in them, what I'm worried about is, that there is no Sunset Valley related file in there (I started two different games in SV).

Dumb question: If I delete the Riverview files, will my game start up with the new skins in SV aswell?

Thanks in advance.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Atlaxa
First of all, thanks a lot for these skins.

Secondly, still stuck on the World Cache folder thing. I know where mine is, found the files in them, what I'm worried about is, that there is no Sunset Valley related file in there (I started two different games in SV).

Dumb question: If I delete the Riverview files, will my game start up with the new skins in SV aswell?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it should, if you also delete the 4 other cache files mentioned in "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3" folder. That WorldCache folder covers Riverview (and I suppose it will also cover any new towns created & installed in the future), but the other 4 cache files will reset SV saved games as well. (I also had 2 different games in SV).

Test Subject
#95 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM
Thanks a lot!

I keep deleting the other cache files anyway because of the awesome mod.

Now I can't wait to see the skins on my Sims.
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:20 PM
These are made of awesome. When I get my new computer, I'm sure they will look even better. By the way, is that (eeeEEEEeeee) Nathan Explosion? Whether he is or not, I want him.
Test Subject
#97 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:37 PM
Thank you HystericalParoxysm I can't wait to see them in game. You never fail to amaze me!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:44 PM
HP, you've always known how to spoil us within both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. I've already downloaded your previous skin replacement set, but I'm also grabbing these since I'm amazed with the alterations you've provided for our use. Thanks a lot for sharing yet another wonderful download . . .

@aurian: I just love your comparison picture, and your Sim literally is adorable.

From out of time and place,
I'm a girl with the elven grace.
Before you knock on the door,
Don't forget to look at the mirror.
Test Subject
#99 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:09 PM
thanks so much for this, I don't have the game yet, but when I get it, I'll plan to use these, I hate that EA Skins and faces, but thank u

Good will is your allie, do not let set back distract your focus.

IF u feel that life is out of focus, Alwayz return to the best one in life - God!
Test Subject
#100 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:41 PM
Love your work, but I think you have the wrong instance value for the light-skinned elderly female, both this version and the textured version, so the default skin loads up instead for such Sims.
Page 4 of 7