Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 7:13 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Custom Rabbithole Names... Potential New Idea?
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the relatively early stages of making a world, and I'd rather not use CC in it. As such, I wanted to use the EA rabbitholes, preferably with new names. I did a lot research and it seems no one has been able to get renamed rabbitholes to carry over from Edit-In-Game to the actual installed file. However, while I was reading up on it, I wondered if anyone had tried making an override with a new name — like the recolours that people have successfully gotten into the game. I downloaded S3PE, and I am absolutely a beginner, but I have been able to figure out that the OBJD and OBJK files(? are they files? Not sure what all these things in S3PE actually are) are what I most likely need to focus on. However, nowhere in either the OBJD or OBJK info does anything say an in-game name for the object (as far as I can see). So I'm wondering where that information is stored, and if anyone has thought of or tried this before. Also, I'm specifically looking for Brunton's Boxcar Diner (from Ambitions), and I can't find it; I've found hospitalEP2, scienceLabBrickEP2, etc, but I can't figure out what corresponds to this diner rabbithole.

If you're wondering what my overall rabbithole gameplan is, I want to do the basement method of creating custom rabbitholes (i.e. making a shell; putting the actual rabbithole in the basement of the lot). However, some of the rabbitholes are huge, and as I'm making a city, I didn't want to actually have huge lots for all these rabbitholes. What I tried to do was use icarus_allsorts' Transmogrifier to change the script of small rabbitholes to different rabbitholes. I got that to work in my test world's export; I had 6 Brunton's Boxcar Diners (the smallest rabbithole I found) functioning as a science lab, theatre, stadium, spa, office/bistro combo, and equestrian centre (note: don't use the transmogrifier to make anything an equestrian centre... horses do not like it.... everything else functioned fine, I think. I had one routing glitch with the theatre, I believe, but I'm not sure if that was related, or if it was just a Sim being dumb issue). However, while they were all (mostly) functional, they were all named Brunton's Boxcar Diner. I tried using DebugEnabler to rename them, and as you already know, that didn't carry over into the exported file. Which leads me to this post. Obviously, if I create a name override, I won't be able to use the same rabbithole for every lot, but I think there would be enough small rabbitholes between the packs for me to make it work.
Advertisement
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#2 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 7:29 AM
Not sure if you are aware but the rabbit holes you place in basements only require the entrances and exits to be accessible to your sims. Rabbit holes can be placed in basements using moveobjects cheats and you can maneuver them around so that only the doors are accessible(make sure the rabbithole doesn't have a door on oppsite side or you may have a route failure).
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 7:09 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 4th Aug 2020 at 10:40 PM.
I was going to reply the exact same thing that Nitromon said, they beat me to it. Not to mention the stairs that are usually hidden so you can't see that they are there. It's just aesthetically unpleasing.

The last picture is basically a "rabbit hole" with city hall, journalism, arboretum & vault of antiquity and they all work perfectly. The cafe on the end works as well.
(I didn't make the building, I just redecorated it. It's Daffodil House from ChampsLeSims.)
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 8:14 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 4th Aug 2020 at 10:45 PM.
Here is the rabbit hole door for the Movie Set (back of the building). Using with the theater rabbit hole rug (front of the building). Both work.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 8:54 PM Last edited by Epic Dolphin : 4th Aug 2020 at 11:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
Not sure if you are aware but the rabbit holes you place in basements only require the entrances and exits to be accessible to your sims. Rabbit holes can be placed in basements using moveobjects cheats and you can maneuver them around so that only the doors are accessible(make sure the rabbithole doesn't have a door on oppsite side or you may have a route failure).

@fascisthater Worst case scenario, I might do that, but maybe the others have convinced me to try CC rugs/doors ????
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 8:57 PM Last edited by Epic Dolphin : 4th Aug 2020 at 11:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I really don't see the point as RH rugs and doors are so standard CC these days practically everyone uses them. If anything, it is pretty annoying when I download a world or lot and I have to edit resorts and RH lots and delete their basement RH buildings and delete the whole basement as well.

@nitromon @katyfernlily I was planning on keeping the world CC-free, but you guys may have convinced me to just bite the bullet. Which rugs/doors would you guys say are the most standard? Hoping to keep the world as accessible as possible. As well, can you choose the rabbithole name with these rugs/doors, and will it transfer into a world export?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 10:32 PM
The rugs already have their name. There is a rug for each rabbit hole ie. theatre, city hall, police, etc. I've not found a rug for the movie set but there is a door which works just fine. I don't think the rugs transfer when exporting lots and worlds, but perhaps someone with more knowledge can confirm that.

You can decide for yourself what rugs you want - https://www.nraas.net/community/Building
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 11:30 PM Last edited by Epic Dolphin : 4th Aug 2020 at 11:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
The rugs already have their name. There is a rug for each rabbit hole ie. theatre, city hall, police, etc. I've not found a rug for the movie set but there is a door which works just fine. I don't think the rugs transfer when exporting lots and worlds, but perhaps someone with more knowledge can confirm that.

You can decide for yourself what rugs you want - https://www.nraas.net/community/Building

Thanks for the info; would I be correct in saying you used these rugs/doors?

Edit: those seem to be used the most in custom worlds on MTS, along with Misty's bistro/equestrian centre rugs.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 1:43 AM
Actually I use these https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...oles/id/967779/ and the rest are from Misty. And the Movies
Set door is, I think, from Jinx.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I might be biased but I believe Jynx RH is the most popularly used, make sure you get the pet fix version.

https://modthesims.info/showthread....761#post4749761

And I dont know if they will retain their names if you rename them for export, but you can use NRAAS MC Debugenabler to change their names.

Thank you for the link to the pet fix version! And yeah I guess I'll see if it'll let me export the changed names... but my guess is no, since it didn't work for the normal rabbitholes