Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One Minute Ninja'd
#2001 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Turtleneck
Hi!
I was reading this in an article (https://paradacreativa.es/en/how-to...-in-the-sims/): "However, you should know that although the cheats on the PC and the console do not represent any serious risk, when the player uses them automatically, it disables the possibility of unlocking Trophies and objectives- This is a precaution to prevent cheat players from unlocking prestigious achievements "

and I was wondering if this applies to all cheats or just the money cheats. Because it's impossible for me to play without resetting the sims from time to time and I like the building cheats as well.

I currently use ~100 mods and haven't seen that happen to date.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2002 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 7:20 PM
Default Can Santa Claus be Beaten?
Just for something different, I'm playing an evil and mean vampire.
Santa Claus aka "Father Winter" came by on Christmas aka "Winterfest" and gave my sim an empty box of lies. So, fight Santa for presents, right?
In a word, my sim got his donkey kicked.
My Sim is a Grand Master Vampire, max level Child of the Night and has second level vampire strength, wears the one ring of power (okay, made that up) and Santa put him down like a bag of toys down the chimney

Can Santa be Beaten? My sim really needs to get a present. My vampire even tried giving Santa a gift of one of those Simsalvador idols that casts curses. Can Santa, on his own, beat the Motherplant?

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2003 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Just for something different, I'm playing an evil and mean vampire.
Santa Claus aka "Father Winter" came by on Christmas aka "Winterfest" and gave my sim an empty box of lies. So, fight Santa for presents, right?
In a word, my sim got his donkey kicked.
My Sim is a Grand Master Vampire, max level Child of the Night and has second level vampire strength, wears the one ring of power (okay, made that up) and Santa put him down like a bag of toys down the chimney

Can Santa be Beaten? My sim really needs to get a present. My vampire even tried giving Santa a gift of one of those Simsalvador idols that casts curses. Can Santa, on his own, beat the Motherplant?

Not to answer your question, but I hope you've got a save point from before Winterfest..
Winterfest, and specifically the Father Winter tradition, is currently extremely bugged, the game keeps on generating Father Winters repeatedly, the save size explodes, some games/computers crash etc..
so it's best to delete that holiday completely and avoid the tradition in general.
you can read more about it here : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...57/td-p/9835144
Scholar
#2004 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 9:33 PM
I have never experienced the Winterfest as bugged (but I will not claim it's not). But I did get sad that time when I had a little girl (a toddler) ask Father Winter for a gift but she never got one. She asked twice but nope, there was non given.
Instructor
#2005 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 2:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Not to answer your question, but I hope you've got a save point from before Winterfest..
Winterfest, and specifically the Father Winter tradition, is currently extremely bugged, the game keeps on generating Father Winters repeatedly, the save size explodes, some games/computers crash etc..
so it's best to delete that holiday completely and avoid the tradition in general.
you can read more about it here : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...57/td-p/9835144

Supposed to have been fixed in the 7th December Patch .............
Seasons
Sims can now Shower in the Rain… Jury is still out on Singing and Dancing.
Sims will no longer “lose” their shovels when performing other autonomous activities while performing the interaction “Shovel Snow.”
Our friendly neighborhood Snowpal has been properly renamed to Chill from Chil. Everything I knew before was a lie… a LIE!
Ever felt like the Holiday spirit has just been too much to handle, and Father Winter starting to show up everywhere and not letting you do much of anything getting a bit… out of hand? Fear not! Father Winter will stop replicating himself* to spread holiday cheer. *Note this fix is not entirely retroactive, new saves should see this without issue. Existing saves will correct themselves over time.

(My bolded bit)
Scholar
#2006 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hamishmc
Supposed to have been fixed in the 7th December Patch .............
Seasons
Sims can now Shower in the Rain… Jury is still out on Singing and Dancing.
Sims will no longer “lose” their shovels when performing other autonomous activities while performing the interaction “Shovel Snow.”
Our friendly neighborhood Snowpal has been properly renamed to Chill from Chil. Everything I knew before was a lie… a LIE!
Ever felt like the Holiday spirit has just been too much to handle, and Father Winter starting to show up everywhere and not letting you do much of anything getting a bit… out of hand? Fear not! Father Winter will stop replicating himself* to spread holiday cheer. *Note this fix is not entirely retroactive, new saves should see this without issue. Existing saves will correct themselves over time.

(My bolded bit)

Oh, my bad then.
I didn't patch yet, so I didn't know it was fixed already..
Lab Assistant
#2007 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 5:32 PM Last edited by bs624 : 1st Jan 2021 at 6:04 PM.
Anyone have the issue that when someone dies in the household (like a accidental like cow plant or electrocution) I have also seen it when they die from old age while in the household. On the family tree it shows the sim as alive and they aren't listed as they died and they eventually die from old age and you have to deal with the sadness twice? Also they come back and visit the household why arent they dead?
Instructor
#2008 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 4:48 AM
I have a stupid question...why doesn't this game have something like the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch? Or the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch? For those who don't know it's a Skyrim mod that compiles a large number of bug fixes from the community in order to stabilise the game. It does not cure the game entirely but it makes the game much more stable that the Official Releases especially for modders. Why does Sims 4 not have a similar mod? I mean the game is incredibly unstable and like Skyrim the only thing keeping the game alive is the modding community. Therefore you'd think bug fix mods would be one of the most common mods. Instead the most common are superficial things like CC and I've seen a lot of more sophisticated gameplay mods say something like "that's a bug in the game we could not fix that even if we wanted to" are Sims 4 modders just worse at programming? Is the Sims 4 so unstable that even a Bethesda game is easier to fix? Or does it have something to do with Skyrim receiving a modders resource from Bethesda whereas Sims 4 basically just has a folder with the word "mods" written on it?
Top Secret Researcher
#2009 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:08 AM
I don't think the Sims 4 is incredibly unstable, and there are mods out there to fix bugs. I think EA even keeps a list of mods that fix the sims 4
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...9836185#M169140
Also, screen shot your space pony status. It doesn't last long.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Instructor
#2010 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 6:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I don't think the Sims 4 is incredibly unstable, and there are mods out there to fix bugs. I think EA even keeps a list of mods that fix the sims 4
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...9836185#M169140
Also, screen shot your space pony status. It doesn't last long.

Actually the game is comprised mostly of sphagetti code so it is indeed by definition incredibly unstable. Thanks for the screenshot though that's very kind of you. The list of game fixing mods is also very much appreciated since I always assumed they did not exist due to having very very limited success in finding mods of that type so I appreciate the recommendation. You are quite helpful.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2011 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 12:22 PM
Is there a way to plan/change the graduation outfit? Not that I mind, but Malcolm Landgraab appeared in red heels at his graduation.... maybe he is trying to tell me something
Screenshots

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2012 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 4:44 PM
MCCC may be able to alter the outfit. I'm not sure as I don't use many of its features but it seems to be capable of quite a lot.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#2013 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
MCCC may be able to alter the outfit. I'm not sure as I don't use many of its features but it seems to be capable of quite a lot.

^ Click on the sim > MCCC > MC Dresser > Randomize Part > Randomize Shoes
it might take a few tries but you'll end up with something more suiting, probably.

it's not a complete solution though, it works only per sim and per this specific graduation event.
Scholar
#2014 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus
Is there a way to plan/change the graduation outfit? Not that I mind, but Malcolm Landgraab appeared in red heels at his graduation.... maybe he is trying to tell me something

That issue can be fixed in the Sims4Studio if you preview the robe and the hat, there is Uniform tag(s), but mostly likely there is nothing for shoes, because either Maxis forgot them, or didn't care. So No tag, then game can only pick a random pair. So find a pair of shoes you like and just add in the same tags the robe and hat use.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2015 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:07 PM
Thanks everyone I don't use MCCC so not an option there but I may give the Sims4Studio a go. Like i said, not particularly bothered but I will look to make the change later on next time someone goes to uni!

Top Secret Researcher
#2016 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 1:13 AM
Today I learned that
if you get weeds on your intergalactic pod plant, they get purple intergalactic dandelions.
You don't have to defeat the mother plant to become friends with it so it will grant gifts.

I've also been playing with Tripilis's "Become a Sorcerer" mod. https://triplis.github.io/mods/sorc...on-spells-light One of the options when you reach level 10 in black arts and have mastered greed, a regular human sim can become a magic hit man that gets §50,000 for each sim murdered. See, I was starting a new game and got this really sweet innocent looking sim, and thought either I make her a Llama scout, or a mean and evil hit woman. Went with hit woman. She's earned §2,000,000 so far.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
One Minute Ninja'd
#2017 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 12:32 PM
Well, here goes. I've never played with any of the stuff in Eco. Just set up a nice penthouse for my sims by the gallery and thought those hydroponic and vertical planters would be fun to play with. As best I recall you have to harvest and toss the "normal" plant to then replant what would be a higher quality plant. My problem is neither offers an option allow you to dispose of any plants.

Did something radical happen to gardening in this game or am I supposed to get permit from the neighborhood council to dig up a plant?
Field Researcher
#2018 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bellasaurus

My Sim went to work a few times wearing women's shoes also, but he finally figured out which shoes were his after a couple of days. As to whether this is another bug or something due to my mod cocktail, as usual, I have no idea. But I know which theory I'm leaning toward.

EDIT: I should add that I tried randomizing his shoes using the MCCC Dresser, but it didn't work. I also tried cleaning all the outfits, no dice (though that works well if your Sim wears pants into the shower for example). Maybe work outfits, graduation robes, etc. are special and cannot be forced to follow the same rules.
Scholar
#2019 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Well, here goes. I've never played with any of the stuff in Eco. Just set up a nice penthouse for my sims by the gallery and thought those hydroponic and vertical planters would be fun to play with. As best I recall you have to harvest and toss the "normal" plant to then replant what would be a higher quality plant. My problem is neither offers an option allow you to dispose of any plants.

Did something radical happen to gardening in this game or am I supposed to get permit from the neighborhood council to dig up a plant?

They did change gardening quite a bit, both with the Seasons patch long ago, and with Eco Lifestyle as well..
but I don't recall having to toss anything ever. after harvesting a plant you just plant whatever you harvested.
if you harvest a strawberry bush, for example, you get strawberries in your sims inventory, then you can just place them wherever and click on them to plant them.
Scholar
#2020 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ryuusei86
My Sim went to work a few times wearing women's shoes also, but he finally figured out which shoes were his after a couple of days. As to whether this is another bug or something due to my mod cocktail, as usual, I have no idea. But I know which theory I'm leaning toward.

EDIT: I should add that I tried randomizing his shoes using the MCCC Dresser, but it didn't work. I also tried cleaning all the outfits, no dice (though that works well if your Sim wears pants into the shower for example). Maybe work outfits, graduation robes, etc. are special and cannot be forced to follow the same rules.

Work outfits are different from a one time situation outfits, like the graduation ones.
and yes, randomizing them with MCCC doesn't work well, if at all.
but you can edit work outfits in a different way:

click on the sim > MCCC > Sim Commands > Modify Career Outfit*

* Opens CAS for editing the career outfit. Note that some 'career outfits' are situational outfits and cannot be edited. MCCC only allows editing a Sim's career outfit if Sims 4 has the Sim in a career outfit.
If you look at the butlers and maids, they are using Situation outfits, not career outfits so there is no career outfit to edit on them.
You can copy/paste other outfits onto them while they are wearing the situation outfits and they will wear those until EA generates a different situation outfit, at which time your changes are gone.
That's also why MCCC doesn't allow features to run (other than copy/paste) on situation outfits. But MCCC already allows you to edit ALL Sims career outfits, as long as the Sims 4 has the Sims marked as wearing a career outfit.

(https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/commands)
Lab Assistant
#2021 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 10:14 PM

To improve the quality of a plant you use evolve. If you hover over a plant the box that pops up shows its quality level and progress to the next stage. Once that segment is full you can click on the plant and evolve it. Fertilizer can make this happen a little faster. Hope this helps
Scottiedoag
One Minute Ninja'd
#2022 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
They did change gardening quite a bit, both with the Seasons patch long ago, and with Eco Lifestyle as well..
but I don't recall having to toss anything ever. after harvesting a plant you just plant whatever you harvested.
if you harvest a strawberry bush, for example, you get strawberries in your sims inventory, then you can just place them wherever and click on them to plant them.

Goes to show how long it's been since I've gardended. I could have sworn you picked it, planted a new, better seed, and tossed the old one. I think that was TS3, which shows you how my mind works.

I have seen the evolve option, o it looks like something is working. I still have a question of what happens if don't want the plant anymore?. It's not like my kid or something that I can never get rid of, is it?
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2023 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 12:55 PM
I still have a question of what happens if don't want the plant anymore?. It's not like my kid or something that I can never get rid of, is it?

If you don't want it any more you just delete it in buy mode

Instructor
#2024 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 1:06 PM
Goes to show how long it's been since I've gardended. I could have sworn you picked it, planted a new, better seed, and tossed the old one. I think that was TS3, which shows you how my mind works.

I have seen the evolve option, o it looks like something is working. I still have a question of what happens if don't want the plant anymore?. It's not like my kid or something that I can never get rid of, is it?

Tried eating them or grafting them with other plants? (eating some have bad results), I'm not sure if you can gift them away as I haven't tried that myself.

"The Sims 4: Seasons. Gift giving is reintroduced in The Sims 4: Seasons. Sims can gift any item from their inventory or just Simoleons, and the receiving Sim may reject the gift depending on its quality and their relationship with the gifting Sim. Gifts can also be received from gift piles that are purchasable in build mode."

Something too here....

https://ultimatesimsguides.com/sims-4-gardening/
One Minute Ninja'd
#2025 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 4:28 PM
Yeah, the gifting is one way to do things. I usually bought some roses to give as a romantic gift (separate from the offer rose romantic choice. It's nice as they get the present to open and ooh and aah over. One time I was out of roses, so I gave a common upgrade part and got the same reaction. I cut back on buying roses.
Page 81 of 86