Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom objects placeable on OFB displays and shelves *UPD 22APR*

by Numenor Posted 7th Mar 2006 at 9:29 PM - Updated 22nd Apr 2006 at 8:41 PM by Numenor : Included support for Windkeeper's "Placement on locked tiles" hack

322 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 315 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 13
Field Researcher
#51 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:18 AM
oh, you're an angel!! i was so disappointed to see that they had done that....

~ h e l a e n e ~
https://www.patreon.com/helaene (free)
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:27 AM
I usually don't want to use global hacks in my game, but this one's just too important to NOT use! You sir, are a freaking genius! :D
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:28 AM
your wonderful thank you.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr.Me
Ive tried it out and there doesnt seem to be any "errors". However. I deleted the hack because it affects all objects so that I can place 6 of anthing on the shelf. Eg. I put 6 new teddy bears on one shelf. It looks really odd.

Actually, it *is* an error. Thanks to your report, I've discovered that the objects are divided into 3 categories: small, medium and large.
Since my hack (at the moment) can't know what size the object is, it just sets all objects as "small" (while the teddy bear is a "medium" object).

I'm going to update the hack immediately. Expect the update in few minutes

Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
Does anyone know what key changes where an item is placed on a shelf? Like if we want it on the top or the bottom of a display. I read it in the guide, but now I can't find where it was written in there. I'm hoping I didn't imagine it.

No, there's no way to force the object to be placed in a particular spot of the shelf. The shelf have many "slots" (i.e. invisible points that "hold" the object); and the slots are numbered: the first slot that will be used is always the number one (usually, on top of multy-level shelves).
If you want to place your object in a specific spot, you have to fill the slots with small objects, until the next available slot is the one you want; and then remove the unwanted objects.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#55 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:50 AM
So all you do is put it in the downloads folder ?
Because i have done that na dmy stuff still wont go on the shelves, how do you get it to work ?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 1:56 AM
You have to put in the Downloads folder the .package file contained into the attached ZIP.

If you already have done that, then notice that the hack affects only the objects picked from the catalog and not the ones already existing in your lot.
You have to sell and re-buy them, if you want to put them on the shop shelves.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Instructor
#57 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:05 AM
Thank you so much - I am in awe of what you do!
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:05 AM
AWw It sUckS 4 MoI caUse My objects are disabled but i don't got so many objects that's why i wish someone made up something so they don't have are computers to be disabled like this man oh man how i wish it will work and i tried to enable it mann oh man sorry i just get frustrated bleh..nice job i wish i had this =[
<3
Texturing God
#59 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:07 AM
Signore Magnifico! This is Magnifico!... You are my hero Numenor... I don't have OFB yet (getting it tomorrow), but I already see this will clearly one of the best and MUST have hack for the new expansion... TY :salute: :wave:

If you want to get my creations please visit my site. ExnemSims .
Forum Resident
#60 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:07 AM
omg thank you so much this is great!!!!!!!!!!!

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. There is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof-V
Scholar
#61 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:12 AM
well i must admit i've been able to place my custom content on the coloured display shelving using moveobjects on, and restocking hasn't been a problem either. granted i can only place one object, not several
so going to download this to get more goods in the shop :D
thanks
Test Subject
#62 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:25 AM
Oh right didnt know that, thanks alot for this hack it is one of the most useful yet
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#63 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:32 AM
Thanks for that explaination, hopefully I can use it to get my smaller objects to stack correctly on the shelves. Well done finding it and figuring out what it was doing (reusing a TS1 field? That's just plain confusing!)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#64 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:34 AM
Default Update!
CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE VERSION!
  • The "MORE" version lets you place on the shelves more objects than Maxis decided; sometimes, the objects can just look too "crowded": in this case, you can fill completely the shelf and then remove the unwanted items.
    bla bla

• The "LESS" version keeps the original Maxis settings for the objects (Maxis seems to like half empty shelves ): the shelves will look definitely less "overcrowded.

You can obviously have only one version in your Downloads folder! (both packages have the same name, so it would be hard to keep both, lol! )

Scholar
#65 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:37 AM
Thanks again for the update.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:41 AM
ECHO - Please read the updated technical explanation.

Everyone else - Thanks for your kind words! That "Thanks" button is going to melt down!
Please keep reporting bugs and oddities!

Field Researcher
#67 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:45 AM
Thank you so very much... we really needed a hack like this.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#68 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:47 AM
*POW* take that Maxis!
*BONK* hahaha out with you stupid unplayable non-feature!
*THWAP* feel that boring limited Maxis items!
*SMACK* <=== the smoochy sound my lips make smothering Numenor in kisses for another unbelievably great contribution to the community :D

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Field Researcher
#69 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:47 AM
YES!!!! There we go!!! Thank you so much Numenor, I think all of my sims owe you their lives now I will just have to sacrifice them for Numenor's sake... YAY!!! I am so happy!

Do you belive frogs can bite? If not, then you should, because they do! LOL!
Field Researcher
#70 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:50 AM
Thankyou so much.
I'm choosing the "More objects" after reading your explaination and seeing how you handeled the overcrowding in your picture. Great idea! Gives us more choices. We can always put some objects back into the owners "backsack inventory" again after placement on the shelves.
Seriously ,a great space saver!
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 2:53 AM
You are awesome! thanks so much... off to put a bunch of junk on shelves.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 3:17 AM
Oh wow, thank you soo much. I was really frustrated the other night when I wanted to make a candle shop with all of the wonderful meshed candles out there, and nothing would work. I exited the game then and game here, I was hoping someone would do this and I only had to wait a day. I tested it just a minute ago and it works wonderfully so far. Thank you so much you are a sim-saver!
Field Researcher
#73 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 3:20 AM Last edited by Simsmomma : 8th Mar 2006 at 9:07 PM. Reason: reporting after testing
..this is awesome ....it was very disapointing when i found out that i could not put any of my downloads onto the shelves...now i can ..

thought i would edit my post and report that this works well in my game .....well done.thanx
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 4:43 AM
Oh thank you so very very much this is the best hack for OFB. I was so fustrated that we could not put any of our custom objects up for sale for as we all know Maxis little objects are just ugly!. You are the best and a great person for all the things you do for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#75 Old 8th Mar 2006 at 5:37 AM
*wonders if you could figure out how to get joesemsims' shelves to accept all objects...*

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=132258

❌✖️❌✖️❌ Boycott SPs for TS4. EA is squeezing pennies from us without giving us content with substance. Show them you expect more! ❌✖️❌✖️❌
Page 3 of 13