Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop issue and the Graphic Rules file
I have googled this but I wanted to be absolutely certain the graphic rules file is the fix before I do anything.

In addition to the image, I would like mention that clothing exports at 512x512 not 1024x1024, hair at 256x256 not 512x512, etc.

Does this most likely mean I have to manually fix the graphic rules file for the base game, every EP and every SP?
Screenshots

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:46 AM
Depending on your computer specs you need the 4 GB patch and graphic rules done. These need to be in your last EP and for Body shop. https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 1:44 AM Last edited by planettv : 17th Jul 2020 at 7:29 PM. Reason: added Update
I have an AMD Radeon 6870 HD card and 16GB of ram. I have attached a DxDiag log just in case. Does this mean I don't need the patch?

So I can do this https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?titl...y_Shop_Projects with the graphic rules maker program?

Do I need to manually make a back-up of the graphic rules file or will the program do this?

Do I still need to fix the graphic rules file for each EP and the base game or will the program take care of that once I have did it?

Update: Thank You joandsarah77 for confirming that the graphic rules file needed to be edited. I tried to edit the file in the Graphics Rule Maker program but I couldn't figure out how to edit the file in there so I just manually edited the file following the steps on the wiki. My body shop is fixed and I am happy.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  DxDiag.txt (62.3 KB, 35 downloads)

My mini city: Rygel City