Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 7:31 PM
Default Unable to place lot.
Hi there,

I'm in a bit of a problematic situation. I've been building a manor In my neighborhood and I decided to push the lot back away from the road and get rid of the road completely using lot adjuster. Afterwards I decided I wanted to save the build, so I extracted it an placed it in the house bin thing. I tried placing it back but It won't place. I tried placing it up against a new road but nothing. It just stays red.

So i'm wondering if anyone has a fix for this as I feel hopeless and am really hoping I don't lose my manor as I've gotten very far with it.

Thank you,
Gabbie
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 7:39 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 15th Jul 2020 at 3:43 PM.
Usually, you'll need to use Lot Adjuster again. I try to put the lot in a road that is facing the right direction and not too far and them move it again with LA. You have to be able to place it somewhere normally, then move, so you may need to move other lots or use blank lots to flatten a site or re-add a road, etc.
Alchemist
#3 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:26 AM
The lot can't be placed from the catalogue because that requires a lot-road to snap to the hood-road. You will have to re-instate the lot road before you can place it.
I don't know whether you can edit the lot while it is in the catalogue, though. If not, you may need to rebuild. ;(

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
The lot can't be placed from the catalogue because that requires a lot-road to snap to the hood-road. You will have to re-instate the lot road before you can place it.
I don't know whether you can edit the lot while it is in the catalogue, though. If not, you may need to rebuild. ;(

Yes I think you may be right as I've tried everything :(
Anyway, thank you for the help.
Alchemist
#5 Old 15th Jul 2020 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CupcakeHugs
Yes I think you may be right as I've tried everything
Anyway, thank you for the help.

Can't you just Hood Replace with a road so you can place the lot, then use Lot Adjuster to move it, then take the road away again?
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Can't you just Hood Replace with a road so you can place the lot, then use Lot Adjuster to move it, then take the road away again?

I don't think so, because the roadless lot is no longer on the map, but in the lot bin. (Assuming I understood that correctly.)

Alchemist
#7 Old 17th Jul 2020 at 5:20 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 19th Jul 2020 at 1:09 AM.
I don't think so, because the roadless lot is no longer on the map, but in the lot bin. (Assuming I understood that correctly.)

I meant OP could use Hood Replace to put some roads back on the map temporarily, place the lot, move it with LA again, and remove the roads again.
Alternatively, OP could probably put the lot on another hood map, and use Hood Replace to move the lot to the working hood, but I'd use the first option.
Alchemist
#8 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 1:21 AM
We seem to have a mis-communication.
I think the lot itself no longer has a road, so can't be placed from the lot bin. That would be true even if the hood has roads.
Sunrader seems to think it's the hood which is roadless, in which case their suggestions should work.

OP, which is it?

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 9:59 PM
Supposing it's the second option (it's the lot which doesn't have road), then the only thing I can think of is placing it manually messing with SimPE and hood files. That would require copying the lot package (from LotCatalog folder) into the Lots folder of your hood, renaming it properly. Then adding a Lot Description (LXTX) in the hood package, where you would have to add all the data like the lot type, lot size (width and height), top and left coordinates, instance numbers to match the number of the file in Lots folder...
You may even finish faster rebuilding it.
There may be an easier way that I don't know.
Alchemist
#10 Old 19th Jul 2020 at 1:11 AM
We seem to have a mis-communication.
I think the lot itself no longer has a road, so can't be placed from the lot bin. That would be true even if the hood has roads.
Sunrader seems to think it's the hood which is roadless, in which case their suggestions should work.

OP, which is it?

Oh, I see what you are saying, now. I didn't think that LotAdjuster would let you delete all roads. I thought I tried that once upon a time, so didn't think of that possibility.