Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Apartments and Shopping, on the same Lot!

by MogHughson Posted 6th Jul 2009 at 2:08 AM - Updated 11th Jan 2014 at 6:18 PM by Nysha

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 178 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 9
Test Subject
#101 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 4:28 PM
I Am Rubbish At Building But I'll Download This And Your Example Lot.
Test Subject
#102 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 6:56 PM
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you soooooo much! ITS GREAT! THANKS! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 11:45 AM
Only sims who live in the appartment lot can visit the shops in my game.
Did I do something wrong or is it just not possible to visit this community lot if the sims don't live in the apartments?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
#104 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 4:33 PM
I believe that, because this is not really a community lot, only apartment residents can be directed to go there, and "guests" will make the same uses of it that they would of the communal spaces on normal apartment lots. Does this answer your question sufficiently?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Top Secret Researcher
#105 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 7:49 PM
I guess. So someone who lives on another lot can't visti the shops on that apartment lot. I'll remember that thx!

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
#106 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 8:03 PM
You`re welcome. Sorry to disappoint.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Theorist
#107 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 4:56 PM
Collar Connection Display doesn't work with this mod, despite what the information says. My sims can only browse collars but there's no buy option. Maybe an alternative download makes it unfunctional, just like other pet items.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#108 Old 3rd Mar 2010 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Collar Connection Display doesn't work with this mod, despite what the information says. My sims can only browse collars but there's no buy option. Maybe an alternative download makes it unfunctional, just like other pet items.
Thank you for the report - is there any chance you could run a conflict detection tool to see if there is a clashing mod in your downloads folder?

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Theorist
#109 Old 4th Mar 2010 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MogHughson
Thank you for the report - is there any chance you could run a conflict detection tool to see if there is a clashing mod in your downloads folder?

Unfortunately, HCDU doesn't detect any conflicts.
Test Subject
#110 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 8:26 AM
Cool! I've tried this mod out and you can buy stuff, but how do I get the clerks to show up?
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#111 Old 22nd Mar 2010 at 10:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rollincoaster
Cool! I've tried this mod out and you can buy stuff, but how do I get the clerks to show up?
You don't have to do anything to get the clerks to show up - that's what this mod does. The Buy menus show up if you put a cash register on the lot. Are you sure you have the mod installed in your downloads folder? If you have gone through the usual Game Help:GCCTSUwiki (Getting Custom Content To Show Up) FAQ, then you should probably run a conflict test.

Cheers
Mog

Mostly I fix Gameplay annoyances. I take requests and have made a few Requested mods already. Visit me on MTS Yearbook
My other projects: British High Street, Postal System for the Sims and Better Parking for Sims
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 11:44 AM
this was really needed!!!! thank you very much!
Test Subject
#113 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 5:53 AM
This is great, Thank you! My neighborhood is finally taking on the characteristics I always wanted. My first lot using this mod has a small eatery in it (in an eight unit a[apartment bulding), the only problem is it's a only a four table place and has four food servers; with not enough work, they just keep washing their hands and breaking the sinks. It's annoying and they slow the lot down; if thee is a way to reduce them I'd be greatful to know. But this is still a great mod! Thanks again!

DDude
Scholar
#114 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 1:54 PM
Thet's a great mod and I frequently use it in my game, thanks.

The only problem I have are the bartenders, they never show up. To make sure that it isn't a conflict, I've tried it in a fresh game with this mod as the only file in the downloads folder. I've tried every bar from the catalog to make sure that I didn't miss a working one. Any idea how I can get it to work?
Test Subject
#115 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 3:12 AM
Default see post #46 this thread
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Thet's a great mod and I frequently use it in my game, thanks.

The only problem I have are the bartenders, they never show up. To make sure that it isn't a conflict, I've tried it in a fresh game with this mod as the only file in the downloads folder. I've tried every bar from the catalog to make sure that I didn't miss a working one. Any idea how I can get it to work?

see post #46 this thread
I wish I could send a couple of the extra food servers from my lot to tend your bar!

DDude
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#116 Old 6th May 2010 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Diggrdude
This is great, Thank you! My neighborhood is finally taking on the characteristics I always wanted. My first lot using this mod has a small eatery in it (in an eight unit a[apartment bulding), the only problem is it's a only a four table place and has four food servers; with not enough work, they just keep washing their hands and breaking the sinks. It's annoying and they slow the lot down; if thee is a way to reduce them I'd be greatful to know. But this is still a great mod! Thanks again!
Thanks for reporting this - I suspect that maybe the code for the food servers might be counting all the tables in the whole lot rather than just in the restaurant. I can have a look once I get home in a couple of days, but it would really help me if you could try this out on your lot by removing all the tables in the apartments (i.e. leaving just the tables in the restaurant) and see if it makes any difference to the number of food servers next time the lot is loaded?
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
The only thing I noticed with bars when testing these was the the base and Uni EP bars don't spawn bartenders, but any bars newer than that do.

Can you check that bartenders do spawn correctly for you in normal community lots (with or without my mod).

Scholar
#117 Old 10th May 2010 at 8:07 PM
Can you check that bartenders do spawn correctly for you in normal community lots (with or without my mod).

I've checked it in a test-hood with only your mod installed. I've made a comm lot with every bar from all EP's/SP's (17) and an apartment lot with all bars, too.
At the apartment lot all bars were without a bartender, at the comm lot 14 bars spawned a bartender.
Test Subject
#118 Old 26th Jun 2010 at 10:57 AM
Mog, I've made an apartment lot that uses the H&M cash registers and there are no cashiers to hold those spots and my H&M store looks empty and bare right now. Is there any way you can possibly fix this?
Test Subject
#119 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:36 AM
Another thing I'd like to say is that with bars, they just reset my sims if they don't have a bartender.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#120 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Erry
Mog, I've made an apartment lot that uses the H&M cash registers and there are no cashiers to hold those spots and my H&M store looks empty and bare right now. Is there any way you can possibly fix this?
I don't have H&M so didn't know H&M had cash registers that would need to be updated. Until I purchase a copy of the H&M Stuff pack, this will continue to be a restriction. I guess this gives me one reason to buy it, anything else good in H&M?
Quote: Originally posted by Erry
Another thing I'd like to say is that with bars, they just reset my sims if they don't have a bartender.
Ah, maybe you have the same problem as above, although they didn't mention a reset. Please send me the error log that the reset generates so that I can look into it further.

Test Subject
#121 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 9:29 PM
I don't have H&M so didn't know H&M had cash registers that would need to be updated. Until I purchase a copy of the H&M Stuff pack, this will continue to be a restriction. I guess this gives me one reason to buy it, anything else good in H&M?

Well, I find the fact that you can make H&M-styled shops good. Although it's only good if you want to make a clothing store that looks good and modern.

Ah, maybe you have the same problem as above, although they didn't mention a reset. Please send me the error log that the reset generates so that I can look into it further.

I'll do that as soon as I can.
Scholar
#122 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 5:58 PM
In my game the bars are fully functional, no errors. They just don't spawn bartenders at apartment lots.
Miss BHAVing
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 8:14 PM
New version posted which fixes bars, the collar display, the number of restaurant servers and adds the H&M Objects (since I have now bought that SP).

Scholar
#124 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 10:32 AM
Yay, it works! Thanks for the update.
Test Subject
#125 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:17 PM
One question: does NL restaurants work?
I've built apartments with NL restaurant cooking stove (can't remember how it's called) and chef does not spawn. could it be because the stove was recoloured or is it not working yet?
Page 5 of 9