Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

City Apartments: Paris and New York versions

by May* Posted 28th Jul 2009 at 4:36 AM - Updated 8th Aug 2009 at 7:03 AM by May*

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 4:36 AM
I'm sorry you took offense to what I stated, that's not what I meant. Just trying to give credit to her since she did create beautiful apartments. I don't think hostility is necessary, especially in someone else's thank you comments.

Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.
[Hedy Lamarr]
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Aug 2009 at 7:50 AM
Just to make clear - I didn't just ''copy''; I wanted laundry 'hanging' from the fire escape because I've seen it in real pictures and I wanted to decorate the front of house (on the other one fire escape there are plants). Before your version I tried at least 3 different fire escape stair and 3 different laundry combinations, but in the end this one looked the best and these custom content also had a friendly policy.
I liked houses at your site and was happy to add a link to it.
(by the way, if someone would think that someone is copying others work, he could easily look at the posting dates and find out who posted it first)
Thank you xemptybrkneyesx.
I hope that this is the end of discussion.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 8:41 AM
xemptybrkneyesx,

1. there's a difference between being hostile and being frank. you felt the need to add your "two cents" to a conversation that had nothing to do with you. i responded in kind.
2. the comment section is not JUST for thank you's. they are for thanks, as well as neutral feedback and problem reports.
3. may, i'm not going to go back and forth with you any further. you've added the acknowledgment, which i greatly appreciate and thanked you for, and that's the end of it for me.
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 9:43 AM
EXCELLENT!! exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!! =]]
Test Subject
#30 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 9:44 AM
Does this work after the rar file is put into a zipped file?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 12:30 PM
It should work; but to use the Sims2Pack file it must be extracted.
Test Subject
#32 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 12:36 AM
May, thank you soooo much for this creation! I think it is absolutely wonderful! However, I'm experiencing problems loading the Paris Apartments....my game crashes every time I try to enter the lot.

The problem has got to be in my Downloads folder, since I was able to load the lot just fine when I took it out of my Sims 2 folder. Do you know of any hacks or objects that might conflict with this lot? I'd appreciate any suggestions, as I would love to be able to have this beautiful apartment in my game.

Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Mar 2010 at 3:24 PM
CaraBunne - I'm happy to hear that you like my work.

Firstly, did I understand correctly - you can load the lot without the custom content? It is working but there are no custom objects (they are replaced with Maxis)? Then, did you put the files from folder "City Apartments - Paris CC" in your Downloads folder?

Secondly, as far as I know Paris Apartments Sims 2 Pack file contains no hacks and used objects haven't caused problems for me. Only problem I could think of - do you keep all files in your Downloads folder together? Not in subfolders? Maybe they're duplicating, because Lot installer puts all custom files in the "Downloads" folder.

I hope that something helps, please post again about the progress!
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 1:40 AM
May,

Thanks for your repsonse! I wasn't sure what to do, so I loaded the lot (with my downloads folder removed from the main directory) and deleted all the objects inside, as well as replace all the windows and doors with Maxis items. Then I saved and exited the game.

When I loaded the lot again (with downloads folder added) everything worked perfectly.

There must be something in my Downloads folder that initially caused that lot to crash, but I'm not sure what it is. I'm just glad that I can finally play with this AMAZING lot!

Thanks again for your wonderful creations and your quick response!
Test Subject
#35 Old 16th Apr 2010 at 2:39 PM
AMAZING!Thank you very much!Just wanted you to know that I LOVE IT!!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 11:25 PM
does anyone else have the problem with having blue flashing windows? if so, can someone PLEASE help?!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 11:51 AM
Sorasheart,
Did you put the folder with master files (included with the lot in the rar archive) in your Downloads folder before running the game?
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by May*
Sorasheart,
Did you put the folder with master files (included with the lot in the rar archive) in your Downloads folder before running the game?
huh? what do you mean x__x
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:13 PM
I have installed it but the lots and none of the houses r there! help, I have used WinRAR properly
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:58 AM
clojo0,
I don't completely understand what you mean, maybe try to read the Install Instructions (above, next to "Download") and PM me with more information. (It has happened to me with other lots, that they after installing simply doesn't show up in the lot bin, if that's what you mean?)
Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:52 PM
clojo0,
I don't completely understand what you mean, maybe try to read the Install Instructions (above, next to "Download") and PM me with more information. (It has happened to me with other lots, that they after installing simply doesn't show up in the lot bin, if that's what you mean?)

yea, and none of the items have shown up
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:52 PM
clojo0,

Test Subject
#43 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:51 PM
clojo0,

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 11:32 PM
This is absolutely amazing, thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 1:38 AM
This is absolutely fantastic!
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 2:06 PM
I used LotAdjuster by Mootilda (it's written in Additional Credits) - here is a good tutorial how to do that.

Oh, and about The Sims 3 - I played them at my friends house and I think playing with sims is very improved but building is horrible, with little possibilities for me. So I think I'm not going to get The Sims 3 at all because usually I only build. Thank you for your comment!

I completely rebuilt both houses without Mansion & Garden Stuff today - I put them here in the comments. There aren't too many differences, I think.

finally someone else who only builds, i hated sims 3, oh and great lots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 2:49 PM
oh it's so cool but i haven't needed ep's... Can you create only fire escape
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#48 Old 13th May 2014 at 6:41 PM
The Paris apartment is amazing, with no doubt the best apartment I have ever downloaded. I recommend it 100%, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 8:48 PM
I don't have M&G, so special thanks for making the no-M&G version!
Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 8:17 PM
Exactly what I was looking for....I'm building new york and paris in my sims's worlds. Two thumbs up and magnificent job!
Page 2 of 3