Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#226 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JerokTalram
What about Oz?
Oooh, we have a fabulous Oz made by Edejan. It's at the blog here: http://whedonsims.wordpress.com/

Scroll down, you can't miss him and his red hair. So far I think he's the only version we've got. And he's a winner!

Oh as to my Buffy, well I've been using the same one now for awhile and I'm happy with her at least as far as running her in a "vanilla" version of the game with very limited CC. I don't foresee updating her anytime soon. I think I finally have the facial proportions down the way I want them. I am guessing she will look good with Will Stefan's SMG facial mask.

I've had her up on the Exchange for about a week now. Maybe a little less. It's the fastest way for me to share her but I'll also post her in package form on the blog via Mediafire at some point. I'll attach a small not-very-good collage of her in-game. I have some CAS photos but I'm not sure if they are of her or a prototype. Doh! So I can't put the CAS photo into the collage. She's similar to the one I had already put up on the blog except I reproportioned her face to make it smaller overall, to better match the EA-made sims that come with the game. So she doesn't look big-headed compared to them. EA sims have a tendency to have much smaller heads than the ones I've made myself or downloaded. So I tried downsizing Buffy-brain a bit. On the Exchange I refer to her as "Buffy Simmers" just in case there's some issue with using a licensed character there. I want to make it clear my version is just a spoof on the real thing.

Okay now what the heck is the url for my page on the Exchange. Gotta go look that up. BRB. Okay here it is: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/SummerSong86 I have absolutely ZERO recommendations and I don't blame anyone. My preview photos on Exchange look gross. But that's how the game packages them.

I have my cartoony version of Indiana Jones there, too. I'm about to put up a very Simmified version of Jaclyn Smith, too. Keep in mind my Sims3 work is about broad caricatures! I was forced to strive for photo realism with Sims 2 if I wanted my uploads accepted here at MTS2. And that's fine, it wasn't impossible to do for Sims2. For Sims3, fuggedaboutit! For Sims3, I'm doing it as a cartoon all the way! I dearly miss being able to upload to MTS2 but I know none of my Sims3 work would have a prayer of passing the moderation queue.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 4:39 PM
Well Summersong, you are going to be glad to hear that the only thing on the Cordy sim that is CC is the "Delphy's breast sliding" hack. The hair that on the Teen version is from the sims 3 store also the shirt on YA is on the sims 3 store, However other than that EVERYTHING else products Maxis put in their sims game. Now I am at work right now but if you would like I can upload them for you later I can upload her so that they will play in your game, I tested teen cordy last night in my game and she is sssoooooooooo cute with the Xander I've made, also YA cordy looks adorable with the Angel that I've done, with the Xander and Angel were completely ready for Upload, but alas unfortunately they're not. O well after work I guess I'll have to get crackin.

Well until later- see yas and Happy Simmin'
Test Subject
#228 Old 14th Dec 2009 at 2:43 AM
I love this thread and I will be keeping up with it, and when I get sims 3 i will download all of the buffy stuff!! I think it would be really cool having sunnydale with slayers and vampires (vengence demons, watchers, =) ,etc. ??).
Test Subject
#229 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 5:32 PM
Hey guys I'm back and ready 2 give tara and dawn download info
Test Subject
#230 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 2:13 AM
I had fun playing with Buffy in my game last night! I'm using summersong's newest model with the face mask and tweaked coloring (different eyes, tanner skin, brighter blond hair). I also just got the mod that lets sims do martial arts in normal clothing which I am so happy about! I may be motivated enough to start a new Buffy project now. Here are some pics from my fun:

Scholar
#231 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 6:57 AM
Oh wow, Daydreamz, thanks so much for posting those pictures! I'm glad to see how she looks in a face mask. Not bad. I think I would change her nose and mouth a little if I could have still previewed her with the facemask on. I had done the sculpting after I could no longer have package file cc in my game, unfortunately. I like the tanner skin and the custom hair you put on her. Definitely a huge improvement over the vanilla way I packaged her. I don't know why I didn't think to make her skin more tan. My Sims2 version of Buffy (never uploaded--MTS rejected the first I submitted and I never got around to submitting my final version) had very tan skin. I don't know why I made the Sims3 one so light. I think it had to do with me trying to match her with the face mask, only I might have colored the face mask too light in my CAS. Oh well I like what you've done with her. When I first saw her I didn't recognize her as my work at all.

I've just backed up my game in hopes of being able to accept the latest patch and World Builder. Even with no cc in my game I've had some issues and have put on hold plans to build a Buffy themed town for now. I've been busy researching my options and trying to decide if it's time for me to try Awesome Mod or other mod options to fix the annoyances. I'll be back to join you all and hopefully download the new sims y'all have added recently sometime after the holidays. IF...my game isn't hopelessly screwed up by the newest patch and whatever mods or frameworks or cc I try to reinstall to my game. Sigh. Things were so much simpler with Sims2.

Okay, just checked the Blog to see if Modman and Winifred's latest sims were uploaded yet. Didn't see them...are they up at the blog and I missed them? Or have you uploaded them elsewhere? I'm not ready to download just yet until I iron out the issues I'm having with my game. But I want to make sure I can find them when I'm ready.
Test Subject
#232 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:30 AM Last edited by WinifredKrueger : 18th Dec 2009 at 7:44 AM.
Default Dawn info sent
Ok Dawn's info has been submitted 2 blog for posting here is preview

Test Subject
#233 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 7:31 AM
Default Tara too!
ok here is tara preivew also submitted...

Scholar
#234 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 8:23 PM
Dawn and Tara are both up on the blog now. If there is anything else that I need to get up there, let me know and I'll try to get it done before I leave for Canada on Monday. Just PM me with the link and any pics you have.
Test Subject
#235 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:36 PM
Default Cordelia

Lemme know if u think she's ready 4 upload
Test Subject
#236 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 2:50 AM
summersong, since none of those were close ups, I thought I'd post one, so you could really see how she looks in the face mask.

WinifredKrueger, I love how your Cordy looks in the cheer outfit. I think her eyes with those eyebrows are dead on. After looking at a pic of Charisma though, I think her mouth shape, especially the cupid's bow and her nostrils are slightly different. Still, she looks great, way better than I could do!
Test Subject
#237 Old 19th Dec 2009 at 4:07 AM
Thanks 4 the suggestions... mouth is the hardest for me! I will get on that!
Test Subject
#238 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 4:03 AM
Hey Summersong I really love you Buffy Sim, and Daydream I have to ask; where did you get the mod for allowing sims to do Martial arts in their clothing cause really- that's cool. OOOOOO and I also finally got to upload my Cordelia sim today- so keep an eye out for her
Screenshots
Test Subject
#239 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 4:14 AM
Default cordy
ok tweeked nose and lips a bit.... still not god at lips.... err made eyes slightly smaller

Test Subject
#240 Old 20th Dec 2009 at 4:31 AM
I am currently working on Joyce(however she looks more like Cybil Shepard right now...)I also wanna try oz.... seeing as I had an "I Love Seth Green" fan pictorial site in the past I am afraid that none of my attempts will look good enough to me. He is such a cutie!
Test Subject
#241 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 9:31 PM
Ok so the create a world tool is here... is anyone making sunnydale? I'd take a stab at if if I had a map 2 know where things go in relation 2 eachother. anyone know of such a map? would show where uc sunnydale and desert and sunnydale high and mayors office etc?
Test Subject
#242 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 2:54 AM
I save maps of sunnydale when I find them, some of these were already posted, but anyway here's some maps.

And this one I think will be very helpful, although it has a lot of unnecessary lots...

Sorry this is a huge post!!!
Test Subject
#243 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 3:19 AM Last edited by WinifredKrueger : 22nd Dec 2009 at 3:41 AM.
Wow awesome! I did find one... http://wots.mushpark.com/sunnydale.jpg
Now I gotta see if I can get the world thong 2 work...

also I just found the most awesome looking Kendra:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=828168#

also Harmony:
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=563795#
Test Subject
#244 Old 27th Dec 2009 at 2:59 AM
ok so I'm too stupid to figure out the world builder thing... I hope som1 else can do it 4 us!
Test Subject
#245 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 4:38 AM
I tend to think I an intermediate-expert at Sim design but perhaps I still need practice. I have been a Buffy fans for years and I hope we are able to keep this thread alive.

Guys, have you though about keeping up with the new ideas from Whedon's season 8 comic book series?
Test Subject
#246 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 4:38 AM
Hmm I love all of these Buffy sims and I'm so glad I stumbled across this thread, I think it would be awesome if somebody could use the create a world tool and make Sunnydale
Test Subject
#247 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 12:07 AM
Hey y'all! I'm new to this site and Sims 3. I'm so amazed with all this Buffy stuff for Sims! If someone would please explain to me how to get this stuff and what this site is about that would be great! Thanks!!
Test Subject
#248 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:41 AM
Default Spikes Crypt
Ok so here's my first lot 4 yas! Sike's Crypt.... used hardly any cc(just 2 things!), but did use a bit from WA.

Test Subject
#249 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:49 AM
Default Updated Spike
Have also updated Spike:

Just changed face around a bit and put on peggy skin... well will b getting links up soon!
Test Subject
#250 Old 2nd Jan 2010 at 6:51 AM
Oh yeah putting up cordie soon also!
Page 10 of 19