Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#151 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 5:04 PM
I haven't been playing the Sims 3 much either. I know I said I'd share my Sunnydale saved game for everyone to play with, but I lost all my Buffy files and would have to start from scratch. I guess it's going to take much longer than I'd expected.

And personally, I love your version of Buffy, summersong. But I agree that Will Stefan's SMG looks amazing! I think she's his best sim celebrity so far. One look and my jaw dropped...lol

It would be great if you continued to work on yours, though. That way we could have both an SMG and a Buffy sim on this site.

I don't know much about the actors' personal lives but I have seen that photo of Michelle Trachtenber at SMG's baby shower. I think it's great that they still hang out and visit each other's parties. I get the same feeling when I see Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham together (years after Gilmore Girls ended).

Speaking of the Buffy cast....when will they get together to do a movie? (dreams) Seriously, I've heard rumors of a Joss-less, SMG-less Buffy movie and think it would be a terrible idea. I don't want the fandom to become like Superman where the only thing familiar is the costume and Kryptonite.

In this case, what, a blonde girl and a wooden stake? It wouldn't be the same without Sarah and Joss.
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Hi guys,
Glad to see people are still working on this. I hadn't even been playing Sims3 in a long time. I had been playing Sims1 on a laptop for awhile and working on Sims2. I only recently got back into Sims3.

I've been doing the same thing. I've been playing Sims 1 (mostly magictown) on my laptop. Also, I'm addicted to Tropico 3 at the moment.
Quote:
I loved seeing the photo of Michelle Trachtenberg at SMG's baby shower. I always wondered if Allyson Hannigan ever got together with SMG, since they both had their babies the same year. Allyson's baby was born in March, I think. Their girls could play together, I guess. But I'm not sure Allyson and SMG are still friends in real life. Was she at the baby shower for Sarah?

SMG doesn't hang out with people she works with (Freddie excluded). I think she knew Michelle from before Buffy, plus she was just a kid during the show. I remember that Allyson found out about SMG quitting the show through the media and not from Sarah. I somehow doubt they are still close, if they ever were.
Mad Poster
#153 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:01 PM
Hey, I haven't been back at this thread for a while either. I've gotten really, really bored with Sims3 and haven't played at all for a long time. I lost all my Sims2 files and I haven't really felt compelled to reload and try to recreate everything, so I'm really at loose ends right now re Sims and Buffy. WinifredKreuger, I agree, I can't really make out the faces on your photos, they won't enlarge for me. But the costumes and stuff look just about right. Hi everyone...glad to see you're still around!! :D
Test Subject
#154 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:16 PM
ahhh someone make the characters and make this up for download

last year i searched sooo hard for the perfect willow
Banned
Original Poster
#155 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by adirgeforher
ahhh someone make the characters and make this up for download

last year i searched sooo hard for the perfect willow

Some of the characters are already up for download. Check out Aeval99's blog: http://whedonsims.wordpress.com/

Locations are there too. Enjoy!
Mad Poster
#156 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:41 PM
Willow is a really hard character to sim. I've tried over and over, and never had any good likeness.
Test Subject
#157 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:41 PM
oh wow wow wow what an amazing thread, im sorry if his has been asked but is the whole town going to be able to be downloaded with the shops and people etc?? im in love!! major buffy fan and what ive seen is fantastic!!! i want really please please, im very new to sims, sims 3 is my first but i too brought an x box for the buffy game lol and this really would make it for me :-) i hope here is a sub for this thread amazing work guys !!! xxxx
Banned
Original Poster
#158 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by buffybaskey
oh wow wow wow what an amazing thread, im sorry if his has been asked but is the whole town going to be able to be downloaded with the shops and people etc?? im in love!! major buffy fan and what ive seen is fantastic!!! i want really please please, im very new to sims, sims 3 is my first but i too brought an x box for the buffy game lol and this really would make it for me :-) i hope here is a sub for this thread amazing work guys !!! xxxx

We were working on it but I lost a lot of files recently and so now it's going to take longer than intended. However, I've not given up on this project yet and will try to complete it soon.

And Edejan's right, Willow is going to be very difficult to recreate. The other characters that have been made do look great though.
Test Subject
#159 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:51 PM
awww im sorry about that, i will be waiting with baited breathe thank you !!, btw how do i subscribe to this thread i cant find the button anywhere and i can see in the user control its possible thanks again xxx
Banned
Original Poster
#160 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:54 PM
Thanks for your support, buffybaskey! And I'll try to get things done sooner. I know I haven't been doing much lately but sometimes RL gets in the way.

I wish I could help you with the subscription thing but I don't know how to do that either. I can, however, invite you to our Sims 3 Buffy group. Expect to get the invite shortly.
Test Subject
#161 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 10:02 PM
ooo thank you hun :-) ive just been nosing on the blog as well the shop etc are so life like i really love them :-) gosh i cant believe how excited i am, i should of popped on the forum long ago its my first visit lol xxx
Banned
Original Poster
#162 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 10:03 PM
I'm happy to help. And thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you like the lots. Good thing you found us too, it's always nice to have more Buffy/Sim fans join in on the fun. The more the merrier!
Test Subject
#163 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:20 PM
Close ups..
Buffy:

<p>
Willow:

<p>
Xander:
Banned
Original Poster
#164 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:28 PM
Wow, your sims look pretty good, Winifred! I think Willow in particular would be easy to recognize. And as Edejan pointed out earlier, she'd be a tough character to make, so good job!

Your Buffy's nose and mouth look a lot like SMG's and your Xander isn't bad either. From the outfits and hairstyles I'm guessing you're recreating their looks from Season 1. If so, I think they're perfect.
Test Subject
#165 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:29 PM
Default Spike
Screenshots
Test Subject
#166 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:32 PM
Default Giles
Screenshots
Test Subject
#167 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:33 PM
Default Faith
Screenshots
Test Subject
#168 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:35 PM
Default Angel
Screenshots
Test Subject
#169 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:51 PM
This is my first sims game, so I am still learning but I rather enjoy making them and would like 2 make them the best I can. Willow is proving to be the most difficult, but have only been working on them for a few days so I figure with time and feedback I can make 'em better.
Banned
Original Poster
#170 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 11:56 PM
I think you're doing great, considering it's your firs sims game. My favorites so far are Willow, Giles and Faith in all that leather. You should check out Aeval99's Sims 3 Buffy blog, Whedonsims.

There you can post links to Mediafire (or other online storage sites) if you're thinking of uploading and sharing your content. I for one would love to download your sims. I mean, I've already got other people's versions of some of the characters but I really like your Willow.
Test Subject
#171 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 3:35 AM
Ok I got some uploaded to mediafire, now how do I post on the blog? Also I have tons of custom content, should I gather links?

Oh yeah can I be in the group? It says I don't have permission
Banned
Original Poster
#172 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 4:01 AM
Yes, just add a comment on the main page with the links to your Mediafire downloads. And I'm sending you the group invite right now.
Test Subject
#173 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 10:48 PM
Default Tara
Screenshots
Test Subject
#174 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 3:38 AM
Nice sims WinifredKrueger! The likenesses are quite good.

I'm glad to see that this thread is still alive and kicking. Like a few other people on here, I had also fallen into a non-sims mode for the last few weeks.

Now though, I'm starting to get really excited for the World Adventures release. I think its going to be great for Buffy storylines. I can't wait for the martial arts skill. I also saw that they have new lifetime wants of martial arts master and physical perfection which will be great for all our slayer sims. Yay!
Scholar
#175 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 6:28 AM
To WinifredK: Ahh, now I can see them! That Spike is AWESOME! I love your Giles, too. Looking at him I can practically hear the accent and smell the musty old books he's always poring over! Willow is shaping up really nice, I think maybe the jaw height slider needs to be adjusted to make her jaw come up just a little. And I mean a VERY little--you did a nice job and I don't want you to tinker too much and lose what you've got. She definitely looks like Willow and will be a great addition to our pool of Buffy sims. Tara is gorgeous but something about her eyebrows made me think she was Cordelia at first. But I just Googled her pictures and you got the eyebrows down pretty well so I'm not sure what's throwing me off and made me think of Cordy. Anyway your Tara's got beautiful cheekbones and is gorgeous so don't change a thing

Angel looks good, as does Xander. Faith is really good--I like how you did her eyes. She's one character I never wanted to even try to sim, either in Sims2 or Sims3 because I knew I would mess up those puppy dog eyes she has.

Buffy's a tough one. All of her features are fine but kind of coming together just slightly off somehow. At least in that sample picture. I've taken enough photos in Sims3 now to know the sims make all kinds of facial contortions at odd moments and totally change their look as you try and photograph them. My Buffy needs fixing because sometimes she makes a face that makes her look like an anteater or a Proboscis monkey! Yikes! So I'm definitely willing to give yours a try when/if I get World Adventures.

I probably will get World Adventures. The base game currently has absolutely nothing except the cemetary and the ghosts to lend itself to any kind of attempt at recreating the world of Buffy.

Even in Sims1, when I attempted to turn another magical neighbor into a toad, I got outzapped and turned into a toad myself. Without an opportunity for even remotely supernatural mayhem at this point, there's just not much point to having a Buffy. I mean, fishing, collecting rocks and gardening just seem odd things for Buffy to be doing. But right now those are the big things to do in the game.
Page 7 of 19