Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#201 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 2:55 PM
Summersong the pix u added with the mask look unbelieveable! U really captured the essence of Buffy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#202 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 4:19 PM
Default Updated Pix
Willow:

Faith in game:

Xander:

Tara:

And I figured I'd try the buffy mask on my buffy here's what I got(hair removed 2 see whole face):

Still not as good as summersong, but I had 2 try

Also I found this awesome hair had 2 share:
Test Subject
#203 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 5:49 PM
Default Tara's Face and hair
Ok so it was really bothering me how her face was so I tinkered and this is what I got... Please give feedback so I can upload the "new" Tara if she is better.

Lab Assistant
#204 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 10:50 PM
summersong86, I think your Buffy looks really cute.
Scholar
#205 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:14 AM
WinifredKruger's Sims are all up on the blog now, with the exception of Tara (I'll wait until a version is chosen) and Buffy, which I have no link for.

Thanks for all your hard work "Freddie"
Scholar
#206 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 6:00 AM
Oh wow, WK, your sims look amazing and I second what Aeval said--Thanks for all your hard work. When I get my own Buffy fixed up I so look forward to downloading yours and the other Sunnydale sims and the buildings and seeing what I can do to make Sunnydale come alive more in Sunset Valley.

Faith looks amazing in the in-game shot. I like how Will Stefan's SMG mask looks on your Buffy and that is a good hair for her--I had tried it too. It's a good Buffy hair. Willow and Xander are spot-on! As for Tara, version one has the sweetness of expression I'm used to seeing on Tara. Version two has this cynical expression on her face that Cordelia used to wear. I think it's the way her brows are kind of angled down toward her nose--makes her look a little angry. I'm thinking it's the hair mesh that makes her more angular of feature than I remember her and probably was what put me in mind of Cordelia originally. Yep...just looked up her photos and she wore her hair more parted in the middle and it was a rounded style, very soft, no angles to it. If we can find her a hair mesh like that, either facial sculpt will soften a lot, and my vote is still with version 1 because her eyes are big and dreamy like Tara's were. But both faces are sculpted very nicely. Everyone has different tastes and ideas of what to them seals a resemblance, so please if it's not too much trouble offer both versions and we can see what looks good in our games with our particular defaults and graphics settings.

By the way, not to throw more work at you, LOL, but I'm thinking you have the ability to control and shape cheekbones so that you could do a real excellent job making Spike's ex-girfriend, Drusilla. I was looking at pictures of the video game version of her last night and she had the most amazing bone structure to her face. I would love to sculpt her likeness in clay--but with Sims3 slider-no sheeping way! You did such a great job with Willow's cheeks--I gotta think Drusilla won't faze you in the least.

Believe it or not I'm still tinkering with Buffy. I'm trying to strike a balance of finding a facial sculpt that looks good with different skins, with Will's SMG mask, and also looks kind of like the video-game version of Buffy from years ago. I know...that's a weird set of requirements I'm setting up. I have about 11 prototypes now!

No matter what, I know my Buffy is always going to be a "cartoony" version. There's just no way in Sims3 I can get the kind of photo-realistic celebrities I and others were used to having in Sims2. Even if I get what in want in the CAS view, I get Buffy in game and she makes all these freaky faces! And when I think okay, I've got the essence of Buffy--that's it, I'm done, when I compare my Buffy to actual photographs, I can see Sarah's face is way more square and her chin more uh "chinny" than I really want to shape my Buffy's face. I just want my Buffy to be a caricature not an exact replicant. Because when I do reshape the Sim to match Sarah's real face shape more, it always messes up and takes something indefinable away from what I liked about the Sim. Ugh.

Here is what one of my more favored prototypes has turned out like. The only problem is I forgot to label the picture so I don't know which of my numerous prototypes she is! Sigh. But it's okay, all my prototypes are close and differ only in tiny piddly details that at this point only I would be interested in.
Screenshots
Banned
Original Poster
#207 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 11:52 AM
I think you've done a fantastic job, summersong. And don't worry, I can already recognize her at first glance. You're right about her not being as realistic as the celebrity sims in Sims 2 due to Sims 3 CAS limitations, but your version makes me think of what a Buffy wax doll might look like and hey, that's pretty cool.

I'll check out Winifred's sims on the blog, they all look great, especially Willow.
Test Subject
#208 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 6:27 AM Last edited by WinifredKrueger : 18th Nov 2009 at 6:43 AM.
ok right now since installing the new patch..... I cannot get past the blue launch screen. So untill I figure out how get on there I cannot work on my sims anymore. I was working on a Dawnnie and I did snap a few shots so I would lie some feed back. Also middle parted hair is hard 2 find, so I have mainly side parted hairs as close to things as I could get. I agree about the eyes on tara, I was afraid I was making them 2 big and they ended up too small.... eyes, cheeks I can do those, the ones that really give me trouble r the lips... I can never get what I want due 2 limitations.... any hoo heres some pix.....

Dawn:

Willow and Tara #1:

1781/Screenshot-141.jpg[/IMG]

Tara #2 and Willow(trial version with visable makeup):

In first pic the bridge on Tara#2's nose u can see is in 2 far, have corrected it, hopefully will figure out game problem soon.
Scholar
#209 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 7:21 AM
Holy cats, WK, the in-game screenshots of Wilow and Tara are glorious! Perfect, don't change a thing. Dawn looks pretty good, too. Wow, you really got her nose down perfect there!

I haven't had a chance to run my game today--my daughter set up a bakery in her playroom and was throwing a massive party for her stuffed animals and I just had to attend. And when I wasn't doing that and did have some computer time, sadly it was to read up on and pay my respects to another child her age who had a very tragic death in North Carolina. The news about children is almost always horrific these days but that particular news item shook me up so badly I am kind of feeling odd coming to grips with that on one hand and then coming here with a jolly demeanor talking about Sims. But this IS the Sims forum and I did come here to "reset" my mind to a more peaceable state before even attempting to sleep, so back to focusing on...the sims.

Anyway, I know the game is going to try and install the patch and I want to read more before I decide to let it do that.

I have a realy hard time with the lips on Sims, too. Sometimes they look fine in CAS and in-game look like the poor sim got overdosed on collagen injections!
Scholar
#210 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
I think you've done a fantastic job, summersong. And don't worry, I can already recognize her at first glance. You're right about her not being as realistic as the celebrity sims in Sims 2 due to Sims 3 CAS limitations, but your version makes me think of what a Buffy wax doll might look like and hey, that's pretty cool.

I'll check out Winifred's sims on the blog, they all look great, especially Willow.
Funny you should mention she makes you think of what a Buffy wax doll might look like. Because I have been modelling her not so much on photos of SMG, but on some Aurora plastic models of Buffy, some Comic Strip depictions, and the video game version of her!

Knowing I can't get a photo-realistic Sims2 type of Sarah, at least not at this stage of the game with existing CC, I felt it wiser to take it to an artsy-fartsy interpretation. Also, because I'm using a mask Will Stefan made for his Sarah Michelle Gellar sim, and knowing from his past policies that he has no objection using his cc unless you are going to use it to make the exact same celebrity, I wanted to remove my Sim from that same realm of trying to be a recreation of SMG, the actress--out of respect to Will.

So I'm trying to reinterpret the Buffy character, but in a recognizable way. LOL--does that make sense to anybody else but me? :P
Banned
Original Poster
#211 Old 18th Nov 2009 at 10:01 PM
Oh yes, and I'm sure he wouldn't mind as long as you give him credit and give the sim a different name. Ooh, how about Andrew's nick for Buffy? "Buffy, Slayer of the Vampyr".

Okay, probably not. But I do hope to see your sim uploaded someday. And coming back to this thread, I am mentally kicking myself for not getting any work done. I know I've been saying I'd build more lots but so far...nothing. Yes, I'm officially the world's biggest procrastinator.

I really wish I hadn't lost the Dracula castle I made months. I'm gonna have to start working on it again.
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 8:06 AM
Hey everyone here's a few new sim pictures...

Buffy

Tara

Harmony
Test Subject
#213 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:10 PM
I really like your Harmony JRF, i feel like Buffy and Tara's faces seem a little to long though. But you really got SMGs eyes down!
Scholar
#214 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 6:31 AM
Wow, all the last batch of pics of sims look great. Well I got World Adventures but currently don't have the framework put back in to use custom content. I'm only using what can be installed via the launcher. My Buffy, without the Will Stefan makeup, looks like poo warmed over. I'm not happy with her at all with absolutely no cc at all. I've been looking at her with cc for so long I didn't realize how different she would look just without default cc eyes. With no cc she looks so pudding-y. She reminded me a little of Chastity (now Chaz) Bono when Chaz was still a female and in her 20's.

My lighting looks different now with WA. My whole game looks different slightly. I will have to see what is different about my graphics setting. Things actually look better now. But I do think something in my settings got corrupted before. I have done a completely clean uninstall and reinstall of the base game then patched and then installed WA and then applied yet another patch.

Things are going to be hectic for me in the next few days since I'm hosting Thanksgiving dinner at my house and then putting up Christmas decorations immediately after cleaning up after everyone leaves. So I'm not sure when exactly you'll see me contribute much here. Mostly when I visit MTS in the next few days it will be to troubleshoot what little of the game I'm rebuilding. I was afraid to put back in any of my existing houses so I am rebuilding houses right now. I haven't even sent my Sim on an adventure yet.

Oh WinifredK--sorry to hear about your ear infection. I hope you will feel better soon.
Banned
Original Poster
#215 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 4:14 PM
Wow, your sims look awesome, Winifred! Especially your Tara, the resemblance is uncanny.

And jrf's Harmony looks very cute!
Test Subject
#216 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 2:45 AM
Summesong I am slowly adding cc back in my game after wa and patches, just enough 2 make my sims right now. Boy I had much more then I thought, long road ahead for that, but that makes listing custom content on my sims easier. I think, I did not realize what a long process ths would be. So good luck 2 u.

I will let u all know once I get those links
Scholar
#217 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 7:43 AM Last edited by summersong86 : 29th Nov 2009 at 7:07 PM.
I haven't put in the framework to reinstall CC yet. I am waiting to see how the lag issue gets resolved. I miss CC very much and miss the "more fun" mods. Now my sims are such a pain to keep entertained.

I made a new Buffy sculpt. Since WA lets you have more sliders I made use of them to give her a better sculpted face. I did my darnedest to try and recreate the face shape that Will Stefan's makeup gave my pre-WA favorite Buffy. I took a hard look at what his cosmetic did to give the illusion of actually shaping SMG's face and tried to give the same effect with the slider tools. So I poofed the cheeks out a wee bit, reshaped the eyes, resculpted the nose tip, among other things I can barely remember. But I still don't like the texture and shine or lack thereof for the facial skin. I really miss Will Stefan's SMG mask.

Anyway, after Thanksgiving cleanup was done, I sent 4 of my sims to France, including my Buffy prototype. Today I decorated the house half-way for Christmas with my hubby and daughter, then sat down and put Buffy in Egypt. I like how she looks in her adventures.

UPDATE: Okay I uploaded her to the blog, here http://whedonsims.wordpress.com/200...rld/#comment-61
I uploaded her to my MediaFire account as both a Sims pack, so those of you who prefer to install using the launcher can do so. And she is also up as a package file from my Saved Sims file. Please don't forget to change her name to Buffy Summers when you are in CAS. I gave her this long name something like BuffySS861128333AMWAUL so I would be able to tell she was the final draft and not my other prototypes that I didn't like enough to share, but was afraid to delete.

I looked up info on Sarah Michelle Gellar as far as her favorite colors, food and music. She likes pink or red, likes Sushi, and she likes the Black Eyed Peas musical group. I chose pop as the closest thing to BEP's music that Sims offered. I left her traits blank for you all to fill in if you decide to use my Buffy. I did not know what the Buffy Character's favorites might be, so I used SMG's.

I am sorry but I created her after installing WA and not having any CC, so I don't know if she looks good with Will Stefan's SMG skin or not. If any of you decide to use her and has that skin installed, please let me know if she looks good in that skin.

EDIT UPDATE: I decided to upload her to the Exchange for all the little kid Buffy Fans to take and reupload, claiming as their own. In doing so, I noticed on the Exchange it says you must have the most updated version of the game to run this sim. So I guess somehow creating her on a patched and WA-loaded game DOES affect whether or not she will load properly or look right in the game. It may be due to the additional sliders or she may indeed have a new eyebrow that was not included in the base game. Sorry about that folks.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 12:51 AM
Hey there fellow Buffy Simmers! I'm working on doing a whole lot of Buffy Sims. I currently have Faith, Spike, and Willow done. I plan on working on Xander next.

Summersong, I LOVE your Buffy! I may skip trying to make her because you've done such a lovely job!

Anyway, here are some screen shots. I'm not happy at all with Willow and Spike kinda irks me too, but there's only so much you can do before you step into the world of Photo-Skinning (which I don't like). I like Faith the best.

Oh yea, I just used "." for Spike's last name lol

Test Subject
#219 Old 30th Nov 2009 at 1:28 AM
Hrrm, only reference I've seen to Spike's last name is Pratt, though you could also name him William the Bloody
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_..._Vampire_Slayer)
Scholar
#220 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 6:14 AM
Hi Candy! Oh your sims look very nice! Your Willow is beautiful and looks like Allyson Hannigan a lot. I saw Ally in a commercial the other day and your Sim looks a lot like how Allyson looks now. Spike looks fab, too. The eyes are only a little off but that's because the default eyes you use look different than the way his eyes tend to look. The shape seems fine though. Cheeks look good. Everyone here can do good cheekbones but me. Boo on me! Your Faith definitely looks like Faith. Again, everyone here can do good Faith sims but me. Boo, so boo on me! I'm so envious!

I did do yet another version of Buffy. I noticed my last one offered for upload has a bigger face than some of the sims she met in China and Egypt. So I shrank her head down a bit, made her head smaller, brought her features in a bit. She looks only a little different now but I think this version I have now will indeed look good with Will Stefan's SMG mask. I'll get the latest version up on the internet soon. Right now I'm up with a bad stomach and head ache. Ugh, I hope I'm not coming down with some flu.

P.S. Don't ANYBODY dare skip making their own version of Buffy. Mine's not perfect. Far from it. The more we have to pick from, the better. Mix and match from different creators! I made my Buffy to look okay without any cc whatsoever beyond what EA offers. But she might look icky with CC some people prefer to use. So the more versions we have, the happier we all will be. And clearly, most of the people who contributed here so far have more talent with the CAS sliders when it comes to cheeks, jaws, and eyes than I do. I can do a so-so approximation of Buffy's nose. That's my claim to fame. I definitely want to see more Buffys.
Test Subject
#221 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 1:25 AM Last edited by Modman : 8th Dec 2009 at 3:07 PM.
Default Cordellia Chase
Ok So you have all inspired me to make my own Buffy the vampire sims so I have made a Cordellia Chase sim I don't know if she is quite ready for upload but if anyone wants or like her let me know.

P.s. The Cordy in the Blue is Teen, cause I figured if I was going to do a Buffy sims story I would start them off in High school
And the cordy with the pink on is YA , she's not quite finished (no makeup) but she is pretty good.
Also if anyone could help me find some hair for her that would be cool.

As you can tell from the second screenshot I have also posted a new adult cordy. I don't usually share my sims but I am really proud of this one.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#222 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 5:43 PM
Default Buffy sim trial 1
So here is my first attempt to making BTVS sim. I hope you like as she was very hard as I am sure you all know.

I have uploaded 2 pics, one of the pics has a real pic of Buffy so you can see what I was inspired by to make her.
The other shows off Buffy's eyes, which took me..... a while to get it done. She's not exact, I know, and not half as good as what my Cordy sim was but I think I'm going to be quite happy with her after some modifications.

Let me know if you want this uploaded, everything but the hair is maxis WA is needed!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#223 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 6:45 PM
Modman, I think your sims are really pretty, but they don't really look like the actresses too me, It's still a very good job for a first try.
Test Subject
#224 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 9:24 PM
What about Oz?
Scholar
#225 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 5:26 AM
Modman, to me your teen and YA Cordelias are ready to go. I'd be happy if they'd been my work. They look like they don't have any custom content--well maybe it looks like you might have used a default body skin and some jewelry and one CC hair on Buffy, but if you can upload versions with just base game clothes and jewels. I'll be able to have them in my game. I love the sims we have so far but until the next patch comes out I'm avoiding all CC except that which can be installed via the launcher. I can't use custom skins, eyes, etc. Yours looks like something I can have in my game now. The eyes look great--that to me seals the resemblance to Cordy fine to suit my tastes. And she has Cordy's smile pretty well down, too. Your Buffy looks almost there and has very nice eyes, too, but maybe those brows are a bit off. Not curved enough, perhaps? And the "nasal-labial crease" setting needs a little adjusting. Or maybe the profile setting--something to bring her nose a little bit forward from her cheeks like it is in the reference photo of SMG you provided. But she looks very good as a "prototype" and especially so with the second hair, which I wish I could have in my game right now. I miss CC. I will put it in my game again someday but you just know they're going to come out with another darned patch to fix the patch that messed up everything else! Grrr.
Page 9 of 19