Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 4:12 PM
Default Remove Premade Sims From World?
I'm building a world using Riverview and I export and playtest extensively. I'm not one of those people who can sculpt/paint, and perfect the whole world before placing lots and going into EIG. I go 'hood by 'hood and test in EIG every few lots lol. This may be a dumb way to work but with these huge maps I need to play and see progress or I'll burn out/give up lol.

Anyway with that in mind Riverview is populated with a bunch of sims I don't want. I'd like to test with fewer people getting stuck/routing issues. I know I should probably go and paint the routing in so they are restricted to an area and I'll do that but wondering can I just remove sims using Sims3PE or something? I don't want to use the clean global layer method because apparently that will remove my distant terrain and that took ages to get perfectly where I want it and I can't seem to select it to copy the coordinates and ugh. Anyway I am rambling my life story here main question, is there a method to remove sims from a pre-populated world? I've searched quite a bit around google and am not finding an option to remove only to populate. Maybe I'm missing something.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Dec 2020 at 5:52 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 11th Dec 2020 at 9:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sococo.
I don't want to use the clean global layer method because apparently that will remove my distant terrain and that took ages to get perfectly where I want it and I can't seem to select it to copy the coordinates and ugh.

I've done the GB thing a million times and never had it remove distant terrain. Or maybe the fact that Riverview is a premade EA world makes the difference?

But you can select it in CAW. You go into the tall left panel ("World Panel") that lists all your objects. Type in "terrain" into the search box. When it shows up, right click on it and choose "Find in Rendering Panel". The coordinates, rotation, etc. will show up in the Property Browser window.

If you want to delete the sims anyway, you can use NRAAS' Master Controller mod: https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController-FAQ

I don't remember the steps exactly, but you go into EIG, click on City Hall, choose NRAAS--->Master Controller in the pie menu and then look for Total Annihilation under one of the main menu choices (forget which). Then save the world in EIG when you're done.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 1:25 AM
Thanks so much for your response! I read the threads on the clean global layer method and saw that someone had an issue where it removed the terrain and I was too chicken to go through with it. I had to flip the whole world around to get the sun to set over the water and that caused lots of extra work to get the DT to line up with the terrain. The other thing with the Riverview DT is that it has a long alphanumeric name (that I stupidly did not copy paste somewhere) it does not come up when you search terrain. I picked the worst world to work from I think.

Anyway all that to say I will definitely try the MC method and see how it goes after I back everything up in triplicate.

Thanks again and I'll report back too for future ref if that helps.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Dec 2020 at 3:49 AM
@Sococo: Good luck! *crosses fingers*
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 1:23 AM
I used awesome mod in the past to nuke the sims from a world. Have no idea if that is still available or not? But it sound like Nraas will do that same.