Replies: 10973 (Who?), Viewed: 455094 times.
Page 431 of 439
Scholar
#10751 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 9:27 AM
That awkward moment when your Sim is about to propose and their intended offers to hook them up with someone else . . .
Mad Poster
#10752 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 10:45 PM
In real life also...

Namaste... or "go"
Instructor
#10753 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 1:39 AM
When you begin to despise all of the dorms because you've sent so many sims to university and the dorms are so blah, but you're too lazy to remodel them. And so you download some cc dorms. But then they're toooo nice and stick out too much. So you're just gonna go back to using the game dorms.

I am the you in this story. I've had a long day.
Scholar
#10754 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 3:37 AM
After spending hours looking at SimPE to put my playable sims genetics into spreadsheets I have now re-memorized (I had done it before too lol) the hair/eye/skintone strings. I find TS2 genetics the best out of the generations and look forward to seeing how they play out with the generations.

Edit: Well not the ENTIRE strings lol just like the first 3 letters/numbers I can identify what eye color it is. Hair and skin is mostly simpler but I do have some geneticized skintones and I know those off like the first 3 numbers now too.

My Simblr
They/He
Mad Poster
#10755 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 5:32 AM
It always amuses me when I see someone in a completely different medium (usually Minecraft, but sometimes other graphics/architectural design programs I can't ID) who clearly used the same image as inspiration for one of their buildings as I did for one of mine.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#10756 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 7:47 PM
That must be a really neat experience Zarathustra

My random thought is that I imagine my sims habits would look pretty odd to other gamers. Often when I'm tired I'll just zoom around a Sims household with pause on, looking at the Sims frozen in their actions, and looking at the pictures on their walls and decorative items. Very relaxing, and good way for me to experience the game when my brain is too tired to be able to handle real gameplay. Just daydream about play sessions long gone :3

If you have questions on how to use SimPE or WW, you're welcome to PM me.
Alchemist
#10757 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 10:52 PM
Sometimes I wonder what my partner's ps4 friends think when they hear me whispering "Dynamite... Depth Charge... Incendiary... Explosive... Mail bomb" to myself about 5x per night every night in the background...

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#10758 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 12:54 AM
Toddlers have the slowest reaction time. You cancel them using the potty/the toddler bed before they do it, and 5 minutes later they're still doing it anyway.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#10759 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 3:06 AM
My inspiration seems to be consistently lower than it used to be, and so does the activity with TS2 (both in terms of downloads and forum activity)... I still have lots of ongoing TS2 projects, but I wonder if I should start looking at adding TS3 or TS4 just to have some more variety and maybe find more inspiration again.

Forum Resident
#10760 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 12:13 AM
Woohoo looks so frenetic. It's got to build body skill. Come on.
Inventor
#10761 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 1:56 AM
I wonder after completing the vampire robot army, what the 3rd 1k sims should be. 1k cats? 1k werewolves? 1k bigfeets? eh I've got 30 more tries to make them.
1k mersims! ... no wait, I already did that.
Mad Poster
#10762 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 4:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturlington
Woohoo looks so frenetic. It's got to build body skill. Come on.

I always thought it looked painful, and just CRAZY! Wonder how many young simmers have a gotten wrong ideas about "the act". Poor kids...

Namaste... or "go"
#10763 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 9:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I always thought it looked painful, and just CRAZY! Wonder how many young simmers have a gotten wrong ideas about "the act". Poor kids...

That was ME!
When I was bout 8 or 9 I started playing Sims (1) on my mom's computer, and back in Sims 1 it was called "Play In Bed". I didn't know much about it, just that couples did it and it sometimes (barely ever) produced babies.
Well one day, instead of "Play in Bed", the option said "Have SEX!" I had never encountered that word before and asked my mom what it meant. She just said, "Oh, it's the same as play in bed."
I didn't think much of it right then, but soon after I began hearing that word in other places. And for the longest time that is what I thought sex was. Two people get in a bed, pull the covers up over themselves, then wiggle around and make weird noises. And maybe there's fireworks.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#10764 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 12:15 AM
In this latest round of "Guess What Crazy Thing Zarathustra Is Building Now!!!" based on my over-use of a single object... In my most recently started project, I am using (at a guess) approximately 500+ instances of the 'Retratech Padded Egg Chair" from the dining chair section. As a reminder, the answers for previous rounds of this game have been my Cyberpunk apartment lot (overuse of neon light bar) and my wagon caravan (overuse of ship's wheel decoration)

Instructor
#10765 Old 25th Jul 2021 at 7:07 PM
I was feeling today like I probably have too many mods (not cc) that aren't exactly necessary and that I probably wouldn't even notice the lack of if I didn't have. But idk which ones. Idunno. I've been trying to keep my downloads folder at a minimum these days so I'm always looking to clear things out. There's probably something.
Mad Poster
#10766 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:13 AM
I saw a neat mod tonight, over at GOS. The original object is on another page, with recolors on yet another page, but the original object had to be updated and put on yet another page and now I'm tired of trying to find the damn thing and downloading it.

I wish creators would keep all references of the object in the entire set together, and I know about TOU, but having to go on a wild goose chase to get it is ridiculous! Even though the theme at GOS is 'Scavenger Hunt', this is totally stupid and not worth doing.

And it's why I never get into this type of contest. Just too damn much searching for the thing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Mad Poster
#10767 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:21 AM
I feel you on that. I mostly stay on MTS for that reason, easier to navigate. Sometimes I'll do a day of exploring tumblrs and GOS and stuff cause they have so much nice stuff, it's just so much work to find and sort through.

Link Ninja
#10768 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 5:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASnarl
I was feeling today like I probably have too many mods (not cc) that aren't exactly necessary and that I probably wouldn't even notice the lack of if I didn't have. But idk which ones. Idunno. I've been trying to keep my downloads folder at a minimum these days so I'm always looking to clear things out. There's probably something.

I cleared out 5 GB of cc but that's a drop in the bucket and my game crashed about 4 times today. I didn't even touch my mods folder. Sims 2 is a battle sometimes.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#10769 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 5:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASnarl

I've been having similar thoughts about CC lately. Sometimes I have an urge to take out all clothing CC, mostly when I see someone like Sophie the puffin on youtube, who does really well without any, but always chicken out before doing so. For some reason not with build/buy CC, even though I barely use them because I only download no CC lots and then try to match them with my "builds"
Mad Poster
#10770 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 8:07 PM
Wants to teach toddlers skills vanished from all parents in my game years ago, and I always assumed it was because of me having deleted the hobby-section of want trees, and I decided it was a price I was willing to pay. Recently brought back the original want trees, and hoped I would see those wants return but they are still missing. So now I'm pondering if maybe those wants just have a hard time fighting their way to the front once you have all EPs with all the branches of wants, and two aspirations on every Sim fighting it out for who gets the spotlight. I should probably test a vanilla environment and see what happens, but then again I can just give those wants in SimPE when I want to so... lazy wins and SimPE it is

But I am very quickly reminded of why I removed the hobby trees in the first place. They really dominate the want panel, even if the Sim only has like 2 points in that hobby. Need to go back in on want trees and block more individual wants. It'd be nice if the occasional Sim said hey I wanna go for a hike, but 100% of sims... not so much.

Lab Assistant
#10771 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 2:17 AM
Less of a thought on the game and more from the community. While reading/watching other people's games, I noticed that we tend to use a lot of the same names. Amber, Oscar, Riley, Rachel, etc. My best guess is that the majority of people playing were around or grew up during the time these names were popular.

All's fair in love, war and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#10772 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 6:03 PM
Not exactly a sims thought but I'm on MTS because of Sims, so I'ma say it works. I seriously don't like the download page overhaul. I still can't seem to figure out how to view all mods of a certain creator, in a specific category. If I go to build, I get 8 and if I press "see more" it defaults back to all downloads. Why are you making me sift through all uploads to find the one I wanted? Why can't I narrow it down by category?

Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#10773 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 7:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummilutt
Why can't I narrow it down by category?

There's a category sidebar, do you see that on your browser?
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Mad Poster
#10774 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 8:27 PM
I do, but when I click on a category I once again see only 8 things, and if I click see more, it reverts back to all.

EDIT: I tested it out again, and it seems if I do it a 2nd time it will remember the category that time. Stupid amount of hassle to go through just to be able to see X creator in Y category, but nice to know it is possible.

Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#10775 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 9:28 PM
This is how it happens for me, if it does differently for you then maybe there is a bug? I'll show screenshots:

The 'see more' bit would only be necessary when say, I look at all of your game mods- as there are 43 of those. It does seem to me like I have to click many more times to see what I could see with fewer clicks previously, but I do manage to get what I'm looking for- and accurately- with this new way. Maybe if you are not seeing what I'm seeing, or else not happy with the new system, you could post screenshots showing specifics, and post it on the Site issues forum? I've been doing that whenever I have problems, and things usually get sorted pretty quickly.
Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Page 431 of 439