Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Always FreeBuild (Updated 6/26)

by TwistedMexi Posted 26th Apr 2017 at 11:29 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2018 at 5:01 PM by TwistedMexi : Break Fix

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 31 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 20th May 2017 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
I am curious if this mod will work nicely with a feature in deaderpool's MCCC which does something similar? I am interested in using this mod for fixing the 3 career lots if I spot an issue during gameplay.

I THINK the reason why the Sims' inventory panels are disabled is if the Sim is sent to work on a career lot, and anything they have in their inventories might be temporarily disabled. Same thing for Sims sent to venue lots or parks. But correct me if I am wrong because I was always under the assumption that the Sims' inventories cannot be accessed from a lot that is not their home or from a lot they run a business on. That's assuming this is something EA copied from Sims 2 and 3.

I see no reason why it wouldn't, even if it does conflict it won't harm anything, it just simply won't work.

TwistedMexi's Cheat Resource || Base Game Mods || Expansion Mods
All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm also now on twitter and you can find me on Patreon!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 21st May 2017 at 8:34 AM
that is perfect for me. thank you for making it
Instructor
#28 Old 28th May 2017 at 11:26 PM
Awesome!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 31st May 2017 at 4:33 PM
thank you !
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 2:16 AM
I thought this would allow some re-decoration in MyShumo, guess I didn't really understand what it was for. And why do the instructions say to leave it zipped and put it in mods folder. Inside the other script zips I have are .py and .pyo files. I ask because I want the Vampires pack, and would like to shut out the vampires so they don't infect my whole game, but I am not sure how your scripts work. I could not do anything about pipes etc in apartment walls....or replace doors to apartments. So I hate to spend money and be stuck with vampire infection....

Happily Simming, K
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Jun 2017 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KinwatsaZ
I thought this would allow some re-decoration in MyShumo, guess I didn't really understand what it was for. And why do the instructions say to leave it zipped and put it in mods folder. Inside the other script zips I have are .py and .pyo files. I ask because I want the Vampires pack, and would like to shut out the vampires so they don't infect my whole game, but I am not sure how your scripts work. I could not do anything about pipes etc in apartment walls....or replace doors to apartments. So I hate to spend money and be stuck with vampire infection....

Well this is basically because there's two ways to publish script mods.

The old way was to just place the zip file into your mods folder, which had the .pyo files inside.

The new way is just like packages, where you open the zip file and copy the single .ts4script file to your mods folder. That is what you need to do with my newer mods, so just always follow the instructions I include in my posts.

All my mods and cheats are entirely free, but if you'd like to support me, you can buy me a coffee.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 1:32 AM
Thanks for the quick answer, but I am still unsure what this mod is for. Can you give me an example of something I can try and see it at work? I want to try your vampire toggle, but am reluctant to buy the package if I can't get rid of the actual vampire infection.

Happily Simming, K
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 3:41 AM
So I thought this was the answer to my problem... I once accidentally made a piano my sims head and when I took it off it ended up staying in the plaza...and there's no way to delete it. Is there any way you can make the little park in San Myshuno's spice market editable? If you can't that's fine I'll either have to live with it or wait for a mod haha. Thank you anyways!

I hope this works....Here's a photo of the mini piano that I can't delete...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XeraNyx
So I thought this was the answer to my problem... I once accidentally made a piano my sims head and when I took it off it ended up staying in the plaza...and there's no way to delete it. Is there any way you can make the little park in San Myshuno's spice market editable? If you can't that's fine I'll either have to live with it or wait for a mod haha. Thank you anyways!

I hope this works....Here's a photo of the mini piano that I can't delete...

If you want, PM me your gamesave and I'll delete the objects for you. No easy way to do it unfortunately.

Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 26th Jun 2017 at 1:34 AM
Using this mod means that household inventories are disabled. You might want to mention this in the mod's description; I had to do a lot of searching before I realized that this mod was the reason why I couldn't get into household inventory anymore.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#36 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 12:52 AM
File "D:\Projects\Sims 4 Modding\Mods\TMex Mods\Tmex-AlwaysFreeBuild\tmex-alwaysfreebuild.py", line 10, in tm_testingload_write
This popped up in my last exception. Don't know what it means. Thanks
Banned
#37 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:56 AM
I don't wanna be THAT person, but it says "police station" twice in the description. >_< I also had the problem with setting an object as the head and having it stuck on the lot. I fixed it by saving the lot, starting a new save, and importing it.
Banned
#38 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 4:09 AM
this mod recently started preventing me from accessing my household inventory. once I removed it, I was able to again. maybe the last patch messed with it?
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 11:58 PM
The mod still functions but yeah, like Reitanna said the family inventory is locked up... I would like to access it w/o disabling this mod please...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Dec 2017 at 10:05 AM
This sounds like a great idea! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 4:12 PM
my game is now reading this as a script error because of jungle adventures thank you was wondering if you will be updating it any time soon ....its so helpful thanks
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 7:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mcreckless
my game is now reading this as a script error because of jungle adventures thank you was wondering if you will be updating it any time soon ....its so helpful thanks

Updated today

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 4:59 PM
This mod is awesome! One question, is there a way to toggle the no cost part? I love being able to build anywhere and have everything unlocked but I also like my sims to have to buy things.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 1:40 PM
Tired of typing cheats! lol :P Thank you. :)
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 5:24 PM
**All Updated TwistedMexi Cheats** --> https://www.patreon.com/posts/python-patch-mod-22711619
All appear to be working as of April 2, 2019.

If you get LE, you have options. (TLDR: Look for the italics.):
1. Check ALL of your mods and CC individually, including MCC itself, in a separate save file. This includes trying to replicate the interaction/event that happened to cause the LE. Don't forget to make sure all mods/cc downloads are up to date, and don't forget to delete the localthumbcache when doing this.

1a. I usually use the 50/50 method, which is to divide and conquer with both your mods and CC:
-After testing MCC on its own, put in half of your CC. Actually text every single piece of it and try to interact with them.
--If there are no issues, that means it might be in the other half of CC you didn't place in.
--If there are issues, that means the issue is in the CC you placed in.
-Whichever half the CC appears to be in, remove the CC and repeat the steps again (divide the half into halves again and place only one half in). Continue to do this process until you are down to individual pieces of CC. Do this same process with your mods.
-Remove any CC and mods that causes issues within your game.

2. Use XML Pretty Print to see what the issue is. Copy and paste the text of the LE into the blank field and let it convert. Scrolling down, you will see both what caused the LE. Actually read what it says. I suggest focusing on the black text next to the red text. Often you can find the error indicated with "(Key Error:" followed by the issue that is causing the LE. Sometimes this can be due to a piece of CC or a mod that is broken/needs updating.

2a. Some mods use the same resources/scripts, so they end up conflicting with one another! It is helpful to read spoilers and see which files they alter. If you have two mods that clash, until they become compatible, decide which mod you will keep.

After troubleshooting yourself, you can proceed to take action. This includes updating CC using Sims4Studio. Once you have done everything you could possibly do, then I would make an educated guess as to which download is causing your LE. If the LE doesn't give any indication on which mod the LE originates from, I would suggest turning to Deaderpool. Whenever turning to a creator/modder for help, outline the steps you have taken to resolve the issue along with the results you have found.

Remember, troubleshooting yourself can:
1. Help get faster results than waiting on a modder/creator, and
2. Can free up time for modders/creators to create new content, update previous content, or help troubleshoot difficult LEs.

Helpful Links:
https://simscommunity.info/social/t...read-them.5493/
https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/pos...t-files-and-you

Hope this helps, fellow Simmers!!!
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyBella
If I load a household I do get an error code. (With all your 3 mods: Testingcheats, CasFullEditMode, EnableFreeBuild. Also if I try starting the game with just one of the 3.)
I do have the game version 1.42.30.1020 and everything incl MyFirstPetStuff. So no seasons and further.

Updated TwistedMexi cheat mods: https://www.patreon.com/posts/python-patch-mod-22711619
Test Subject
#47 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 4:54 AM
hi, this mod recently corrupted(??) my game because it though my sims home lots were not homes and disabled their household inventories and also gave them infinite money. just letting you know!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Jul 2022 at 11:30 AM
family inventory still locked, cant this be fixed ??
Instructor
#49 Old 17th Mar 2023 at 10:03 AM Last edited by AWESOMEGAMER : 30th Mar 2023 at 3:58 PM. Reason: no shortcue
*currently locks family inventory*
:-( and there is no cheat shortcut for this one either man I do not want to actually type out a cheat

NOTICE
If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Page 2 of 2