Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

REQUEST: Global Warming Weather

by crumplebottom_marky4444 Posted 2nd Aug 2007 at 10:26 PM - Updated 1st Nov 2007 at 11:43 PM by crumplebottom_marky4444 : Update Hack

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 10:34 PM
You British? If so, you missed out the constant rain in summer! We've had weeks of rain and loads of floodings. This time last year though the tarmac was melting.

Anyway, this is a great idea. (:
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 10:45 PM
Ah, very cool. Well, actually very HOT!! LOL. not very original, I know. How about Ice Age weather next? i'd rather have it cold than hot.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 10:46 PM
Oh i love it, its exactelly how global warming has effect us. I love it!
Test Subject
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:06 PM
Cool! This will work well for warmer climate weather too, since default summers aren't really that hot. Thanks
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:28 PM
Great way for people to experience global warming, since it's not really occurring. Good job none the less.
Theorist
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 11:57 PM
good mod makes the game seem a bit more real now
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkpanthurpurr
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

So true. you actually made me laugh.

Made me laugh too. In a kind of bitter way.
Nice idea for a mod though.
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 3:13 AM
Interesting mod, adds to the realism of the game, thank you!

Please do not re-upload my houses or Sims anywhere, even if it is just refurnished.

Thank you for your consideration.
Inventor
#10 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 3:58 AM
It's a wounderful Learning tool.... An by posting it you make it noticable... Thank you for bringing this to people's attention
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 4:32 PM
Thanks! This mod is pretty much going to make my sims live in the weather I live in here in Ga. Only..we don't get any snow. lol
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 2:04 AM
Wojtek0: I believe cjh3787 was referring to the poster who was saying Global Warming isn't real.

Personally I think ALL debates should be left out of this thread, there are many sites out there (including Sims2Community) where the debate over Global Warming can be discussed, please stick to talking about the effects/bugs of the download in this thread and not the name of the download. If this stops now a Mod doesn't have to get involved with a lot of post deletions, etc.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#13 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:14 AM
Game forum, not political debate.. got it? good.. Off topic comments will lead to warnings.

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 1:06 PM
Wow this looks so good to bad I can't download it because I love the snow lol. Maybe you could do more snow in other seasons or something like that.

You had eyes to see.
Need help with that rusty tool? x-x
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:54 PM
What a great idea! My game always slows down a lot when it snows, so this is perfect for me ... *LOL*
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 5:04 PM
Wow ! Very interesting mod ! It will make Strangetown more realistic, because of warmer summers and winters.
Thanks for that.

I cannot take requests now.

DO NOT UPLOAD MY CC ON PAY SITES, THANKS
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:59 PM
This is what I call realism. Thank you. I like snow but not SO much...
Field Researcher
#18 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nate92488
Great way for people to experience global warming, since it's not really occurring. Good job none the less.

What planet are you on

Excellent mod!

Mene Sakkhet Urseveh
Live Long, and Prosper
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#19 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 12:06 PM
I will try this
I do not get that snow during springs - rain's rather better

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 1:22 AM
Default Global Warming...
I don't believe in global warming. Everyone thought another ice age was going to occur a while ago because the temperature was starting to drop, but it went back up. I'm sure it will happen in vise-versa this time, too. But I like it for the Sims because when it snows the game always slows down.

Would you like to hear of the terrible night when I bravely battled the..... No? All right.

TOP SECRET: DO NOT OPEN LINK!
Test Subject
#21 Old 1st Nov 2007 at 8:38 AM
Where is this house it's nice would luv to have it
Instructor
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 12:18 PM
I was looking for something with less snow in winter, and hopefully no snow in spring, so I can't wait to test this... global warming or not it will be more like the weather where I live, including the scorching summers!

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Dec 2007 at 5:38 PM
Thank you. This is perfect for my beach-like neighborhood

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 5:01 PM
Must resist urge to get into political debate...

Sorry. XD Environmental issues -- ESPECIALLY global warming -- are both my favorite to debate about and my intended career, so it's difficult.

Great job with the mod, though - I'd use it but I adore snow too much, hehe. When I first saw the thread name, it made me laugh.
Instructor
#25 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 2:02 AM
Brilliant idea - I've been playing Strangetown a lot, so I was hoping to find something like this. I just wish I could selectively install it in certain neighborhoods.
Page 1 of 2