Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Chef Service - v1.7 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:00 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:44 PM by douglasveiga

224 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 118 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
#151 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 10:19 AM
does anyone have problem downloading this mod?, when i click the link it just load and does nothing. i really want to download this mod.
Test Subject
#152 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 11:00 AM
i need alternative download link. i cant download from the given link it just stuck for an hour. it will be much appreciated. big THANKS!
Test Subject
#153 Old 19th Sep 2013 at 12:43 PM
okay, nevermind. i got it downloaded. thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#154 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 12:43 AM
I envy your skill
Is it possible to ask the Chef to serve a group meal, or is it necessary to ask for individual meals after each other?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#155 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 2:42 AM
This chef is great. Only problem I had was getting him inside the house. I found him on my porch in an idle position. I also couldn't get him to make Crepes but I chose something else and he went inside right away. I'll try telling him to make crepes again next time I hire him.
Inventor
Original Poster
#156 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minimolitovman
Is it possible to ask the Chef to serve a group meal, or is it necessary to ask for individual meals after each other?

you can ask to cook group serving. not possible to ask single meal.

Quote: Originally posted by D1n3r0
This chef is great. Only problem I had was getting him inside the house. I found him on my porch in an idle position. I also couldn't get him to make Crepes but I chose something else and he went inside right away. I'll try telling him to make crepes again next time I hire him.

read the main post. you can set the "Service Room". I will test the Crepes.
Scholar
#157 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 3:16 PM
No it doesn't work with patch 1.63.
Although the chef arrives, he stands in one place, then about a few minutes later he says his job is done and money is subtracted from the household but there is no food anywhere lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#158 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
No it doesn't work with patch 1.63.
Although the chef arrives, he stands in one place, then about a few minutes later he says his job is done and money is subtracted from the household but there is no food anywhere lol

do you have a fridge?
Scholar
#159 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
do you have a fridge?

Yep, fridge and cooker. The chef doesn't go anywhere near the cooker and no food appears in the fridge, yet he still gets paid.
Inventor
Original Poster
#160 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
Yep, fridge and cooker. The chef doesn't go anywhere near the cooker and no food appears in the fridge, yet he still gets paid.

any free Counter nearby? do you have at least 1 "normal" (isn't vampire, simbot or mermaid) Sim in your household? can you "ask to cook" a specific recipe?
Scholar
#161 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 3:58 PM
any free Counter nearby? do you have at least 1 "normal" (isn't vampire, simbot or mermaid) Sim in your household? can you "ask to cook" a specific recipe?

This is a rich household of 5 normal sims, big massive kitchen with loads of counter space, The menu comes up with the choice of recipes to cook. I choose Boullibase. The chef doesn't cook it, just idly stands around brushing lint off his apron, wiping his nose, laughs and whatever. If I tried to click on the chef again to start cooking, the tooltip says to wait for the current task to finish. Then a few minutes later Chef says he's all done there and 170 simoleons is taken. No Boullibase anywhere!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#162 Old 26th Oct 2013 at 10:33 PM
Is this going to be updated for 1.63 or is it already compatible? Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#163 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 5:46 AM
Thank you for this its amazing!
Test Subject
#164 Old 31st Oct 2013 at 3:44 PM
Hi,

Is this compatible with the new latest Sims 3 update 1.63.

Thanks,
Inventor
Original Poster
#165 Old 1st Nov 2013 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joe Parkinson
Hi,

Is this compatible with the new latest Sims 3 update 1.63.

Thanks,

Sorry about that, but I dont know. I had no time to personally test it.
Test Subject
#166 Old 14th Nov 2013 at 7:42 AM
I'll be checking back regularly for a 1.63 update! Currently I'm having a similar issue as user desiree101 - my Chef remains idol for a few sim-hours before excusing themselves from my employment and my sims are out 170 simoleons. But I do find I can still ask them to cook, and they will, but they don't stick around. Then I need to reset the service for a Chef to come back - this crowds up the service household in the game, so I do have to clean it out to avoid lag.

Thank you for your hard work!

Behind your image, below your words, above your thoughts, the silence of another world waits. ~John O'Donohue
Scholar
#167 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vayleen
I'll be checking back regularly for a 1.63 update! Currently I'm having a similar issue as user desiree101 - my Chef remains idol for a few sim-hours before excusing themselves from my employment and my sims are out 170 simoleons. But I do find I can still ask them to cook, and they will, but they don't stick around. Then I need to reset the service for a Chef to come back - this crowds up the service household in the game, so I do have to clean it out to avoid lag.

Thank you for your hard work!

So, the chef actually cooks something and food appears somewhere for the sim to eat?
Hmm, I don't even get that.
Interesting.
I'm checking regularly, too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#168 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 8:21 AM
Urk... I'm having the same problem... my chef just stays idle at the porch x___X when I ask it to cook, it freezes o.0 Help.... @.@ service room wont work either o.0
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#169 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 3:04 AM
I am having the same issue. Thank you.
Test Subject
#170 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 4:39 PM
I found this mod to be a bit "off", i.e. it didn't work all the time. Did anyone else experience this?
Great idea BTW, douglasveiga!
Inventor
Original Poster
#171 Old 29th Nov 2013 at 7:38 PM
I know. The mod isn't working anymore. I will update in the next holiday (christmas or new year).
Test Subject
#172 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 2:11 PM
cant wait for the update love this mod
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#173 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 9:19 AM
*Cries* Still not updated ,,, Checking everyday I mis my Chef
Test Subject
#174 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 10:20 AM
Default very like your LiveinMaid_service_NPC and Chef_Service ,but why not update to1.63?
Sorry about that, but I dont know. I had no time to personally test it.

I very like your LiveinMaid_service_NPC and Chef_Service mods,but why not update to1.63?
Test Subject
#175 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 11:50 AM
Default wait for the update ,love this two mods
Quote: Originally posted by isabellassss
I very like your LiveinMaid_service_NPC and Chef_Service mods,but why not update to1.63?

wait for the update this two mod to 1.63,wait for you .
Page 7 of 9