Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 30th May 2015 at 1:52 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 30th May 2015 at 2:16 PM.
Okay, I've updated the first post with a new version of the neighborhood, with Jawusa, simsfreq and I believe applesauce's lots.

Simsfreq's building still needs to be painted. It got a bit confusing as to what goes where. So if anyone else can paint it up, go ahead!

I also built the last apartment building on the three lots I chose and here it is (Pics below.) Let me know what you guys think!

ETA: If no one minds, I'd like to build lots 39 and 42 as houses.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#102 Old 30th May 2015 at 2:17 PM
39 and 42 are free! So you can build on those lots.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#103 Old 30th May 2015 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
39 and 42 are free! So you can build on those lots.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure if anyone else is planning on using them.
Mad Poster
#104 Old 30th May 2015 at 2:28 PM
What? Needs to be painted? Did I attach the wrong version? :/

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Trainee Moderator
#105 Old 30th May 2015 at 2:30 PM
The one you attached has a really insane price and is not finished yet. I assume, you uploaded the version that you created in a TS2 Uni anygame and wanted to import it in TS2.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#106 Old 30th May 2015 at 2:33 PM
Ah! Right! Sorry. Where do packaged lots go, then? I looked in the folder called "PackagedLots" and that was the only file there! I'll try again.

Yes, that sounds like the one I imported from uni back to base game.

*Edit* Duh. Ooops. I was looking in AnyGame3 and not AnyGame2. Sorry! This is the right one.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  1 River Turn Road_001.rar (1.61 MB, 15 downloads) - View custom content

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#107 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Ah! Right! Sorry. Where do packaged lots go, then? I looked in the folder called "PackagedLots" and that was the only file there! I'll try again.

Yes, that sounds like the one I imported from uni back to base game.

*Edit* Duh. Ooops. I was looking in AnyGame3 and not AnyGame2. Sorry! This is the right one.

No worries! I've updated the neighborhood with your proper lot now and uploaded the new version of the neighborhood in the first post.

ETA: Woops! Used the group account! (This is mmaa. )
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 30th May 2015 at 4:49 PM Last edited by Redtwoface : 30th May 2015 at 5:27 PM. Reason: I am just going to remove the quote
I did not move in anyone or make any sims and I made it in an empty game.
Trainee Moderator
#109 Old 30th May 2015 at 4:55 PM
OK! Then, it's not corrupted.

@M.M.A.A. could you download Redtwoface's neighborhood and place Redtwoface's lot into Emerald Heights? I'm not sure which number it is but I think, you'll find it out.

ETA: It's lot number 20.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#110 Old 30th May 2015 at 5:51 PM
OK! Then, it's not corrupted.

Uh oh! I placed that lot (the old one without any paint) into the neighborhood first before replacing it with the proper one. :S Should we be worried?

ETA: Wait, whose lot are we talking about? Redtwoface or Simsfreq? :S

@M.M.A.A. could you download Redtwoface's neighborhood and place Redtwoface's lot into Emerald Heights? I'm not sure which number it is but I think, you'll find it out.

ETA: It's lot number 20.

Yeah, sure. I'll upload a new version ASAP.
Mad Poster
#111 Old 30th May 2015 at 5:56 PM
I don't think the corruption comment was in relation to mine. The unpainted lot is harmless, it's the same lot in an earlier incarnation. It's never had a sim anywhere near it.

Mad Poster
#112 Old 30th May 2015 at 6:02 PM
I don't think the corruption comment was in relation to mine. The unpainted lot is harmless, it's the same lot in an earlier incarnation. It's never had a sim anywhere near it.

Woops! Sorry! Thought Jawusa was talking about yours. Freaked out there for a moment!
Mad Poster
#113 Old 30th May 2015 at 6:27 PM Last edited by simsfreq : 30th May 2015 at 8:09 PM.
I do want to create a family or two, but I'm nervous about the process. Should I just create them and then worry about how to transfer them later?

Edit: Peni, how did you get your savedsims to show up in the anygame? I've tried putting mine into Downloads but they aren't working

Mad Poster
#114 Old 30th May 2015 at 8:39 PM
Ok, Redtwoface's lot is now included in the new version (thank you for your contribution, Redtwoface!), that has been uploaded into the first post.

I do want to create a family or two, but I'm nervous about the process. Should I just create them and then worry about how to transfer them later?

As Jawusa said earlier:

But you can create the family now. I'll extract them from the neighborhood and and save them somewhere safe. Once the neighborhood is finished, I'll add your sims to the neighborhood. Promise!

Basically, all you need to do is, if you don't have AGS, just create a new neighborhood, create your family, and then upload the neighborhood, along with a description of each Sim, aspiration, name, personality, etc... and we'll take care of it.

Anyways, I also managed to build lot 39 and uploaded pictures (below). Let me know what you guys think!

Also (I know that I'm taking on several lots, but it's just fun building for the neighborhood! ), I'd like to build on lot 57, if no one minds. :D
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#115 Old 30th May 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applesauce58
@M.M.A.A looking good keep up the good work

Ah! Thanks! :D

Also am now inspired by many of you fabulous people to make another lot so am going to challenged myself by asking for lot 1 and make a manor and also possibly make a family that's less convoluted as my last one XD

You're more than welcome to give it a shot! I'll update the first post with our usernames then.

ETA: First post has been updated!
Trainee Moderator
#116 Old 30th May 2015 at 10:12 PM
It's OK MMAA. Both of the lots have never been occupied by sims. If so, then Mootilda's HoodChecker would warn you of a non-existing sim.
And even if the neighborhood got corrupted, I know how to clean the sim references. And I know how to transfer all of the lots safely. Mootilda taught me that. http://modthesims.info/t/468987

@simsfreq It may sound weird but probably, your Downloads folder is called Download or your SavedSims folder is called Saved Sims.
I once had this problem and didn't understand why the sims didn't show up. It was because of the misspelled folder names.

@applesauce58 Are you able to use the AnyGameStarter? Because, you said you couldn't get it to work. Is it working for you now?

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#117 Old 30th May 2015 at 11:08 PM Last edited by simsfreq : 30th May 2015 at 11:40 PM.
I managed to get it to work, perversely, by doing the opposite to what Peni did - I put them into a SavedSims folder. Damn irrational game!

BTW, I really missed the mod which allows the bodyshop sliders in the actual game. Does this work with base game, does anyone know, and would it be a bad idea to put it in? I know global mods can sometimes sneak into lots.

I do have AGS, so is there another way I should create the family? I created them in the Emerald Heights hood - doh. Should I upload them in a lot? I guess I could clone them using SimPE? (OK I read the tutorial, and I think this is what you want. Does cloning them in this way preserve clothing, or just genetics? Should I make a note of clothing in each category?)

It's a group of four young men sharing a house, all unrelated. I imagine them to be around 21, possibly college leavers, or just left home. They all have bios, personalities, outfits for each category and I can give you an overview of their interests and potential careers, too (it's okay if they start unemployed.) They could live in my apartment building or somewhere else (in any case, none of the apartments have four bedrooms, but they could always room share.) I don't mind building another house for them to live in. I've just let them have a bit of a run around in a blank lot and they're pretty fun to play the dynamics between them

I like your house, M.M.A.A! (Maybe they could live there!)

Field Researcher
#118 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:06 AM
I would like to build the diner lot #22. Glad to help out! Stupid question, but do I need to download the EH01 v12 file to build on the lot?
Mad Poster
#119 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:39 AM
No you do not need to download the hood, you can make the lot in an empty base game hood and then package up the lot and upload it here.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
#120 Old 31st May 2015 at 7:54 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 11th Dec 2015 at 9:35 PM.
@applesauce58 Do you have a second computer in which you can install TS2 with just the base game?

@simsfreq Do you mean this? http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...rs-added-to-cas
I have this mod installed and it didn't sneak into lots. But you can check your lot with Mootilda's Clean Installer when you're unsure.

@marka93 It would be easier if she built the lot it in the neighborhood itself. Then, we don't have to worry about lot sizes. And if she really has to build it in another neighborhood, then it needs to be a desert neighborhood.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#121 Old 31st May 2015 at 11:51 AM Last edited by simsfreq : 31st May 2015 at 1:03 PM.
The best thing you can do is build it, provide screenshots and somebody can recreate it as best they can. The problem is that later EPs add different things, like AL automatically adds ceilings under any floor, I don't know if you can remove these, and even if you did, it probably carries data which says "this tile has no ceiling". M&G does things to stairs.

It's one thing to import a lot from a very close EP, like UNI, but another thing entirely to try and import one built in such a further advanced environment. Really, it's almost as though it's a different game entirely. Even importing from Uni had some odd issues, like the price was messed up.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#122 Old 31st May 2015 at 1:19 PM
Sadly no but I'll try my best to make sure that the house is base game as possible.

This won't work. The house must be built in base game only to be usuable for this hood.

If you are comfortable editing your registry, you can have UC and a disk version of base game installed. Basically I have to run a registry edit each time I switch game configurations (just like AGS).

I'm working on the Old mansion/Scary house. Is hard to make it look creepy with just base game. Ack, I see jawusa already did it.
Mad Poster
#123 Old 31st May 2015 at 1:37 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 31st May 2015 at 2:59 PM.
HL, there's the abandoned building community lot (if no one reserved it already) if you're interested.

ETA: Nope! Emerald Falcon reserved it.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#124 Old 31st May 2015 at 3:03 PM
Tutorial? Nope. I kinda just fiddled with things through experimentation until I found the entry that controls which game starts.

I created two registry files and I just run whichever one I need for each game before starting.

Mad Poster
#125 Old 31st May 2015 at 4:16 PM
applesauce - IME, the time taken is in the planning, trying things out, rebuilding when it looks wrong, trying different colour combinations, etc. It's much faster to rebuild something than to build it in the first place. If you can provide detailed plans and screenshots, and you haven't done a lot of fiddling with building cheats etc, then it wouldn't take so long for an experienced builder. But it depends what you have in mind. If you have an idea how many floors, a rough floor plan, or a plan you want to copy, you could post that and it would give an idea about how long it would take to rebuild.

Or perhaps you could team up with somebody, swap screenshots and feedback and create one together?

I am fairly computer literate but messing with the registry is something I just don't do unless I'm 100% sure what I'm doing. Perhaps some day somebody will mod the AGS to work with UC, although it seems fairly unlikely at this point.

Page 5 of 34