Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#201 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 1:55 PM
Hi guys

I wanted to say I'm a big fan of the hoods you've created! I haven't had a chance to play one yet, due to being busy with my megahood, but I always have a lot of fun reading threads about your hoods, looking at other people's pictures, and reading the descriptions of the families. In fact, I enjoy seeing them so much that I can't stop thinking about how much fun it would be to create a family for a collaborative hood like yours.

But it seems as though people who participate create both the residential lot and the family, and there are a few problems with that for me:
1. I can't use AnyGameStarter, because I have the Ultimate Collection
2. I'm really, really, REALLY beyond awful at building. I adore creating families, playing around to give them unique looks, developing backstories, etc. But building has never been a strength of mine.

I would be happy to remove my custom content folder when creating the family (and only use base game items), so that wouldn't be a problem. I've never uploaded a sim family before, and am not sure how that would work, but would be happy to figure it out if someone pointed me towards a tutorial or gave instructions.

If there's anybody out there who's the opposite of me (loves building, hates creating sims) I would love to team up so they could make the house for the family I make.

Could I still possibly participate? I would totally understand if I can't, just let me know. If not I'll continue following the progress of this hood
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#202 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 2:14 PM
@Jojoa777 Make your family and develop the story for the family and bio's for each member and if you can use SimPE then extract them and upload to this thread and we will find a place for them.

If you can not use SimPE then place them on a empty lot and package up the lot and we will extract them for you.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#203 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 2:24 PM
And don't sell yourself short on the building. It's not my strength, either, but it doesn't stop me. And my building skills have improved a great deal since I first started Widespot (which doesn't mean people won't be making over or tearing down and rebuilding the Group Home, because - somebody will!). The more you do it the better you get. That's how learning works.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#204 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 2:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
@Jojoa777 Make your family and develop the story for the family and bio's for each member and if you can use SimPE then extract them and upload to this thread and we will find a place for them.

If you can not use SimPE then place them on a empty lot and package up the lot and we will extract them for you.

Oh yay! I do have SimPE and use it frequently for other things. I'll look up how to use it to extract a family.

EDIT: Do I have to extract each sim individually and if so would you be able to add family ties and relationships back in?
Instructor
#205 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
And don't sell yourself short on the building. It's not my strength, either, but it doesn't stop me. And my building skills have improved a great deal since I first started Widespot (which doesn't mean people won't be making over or tearing down and rebuilding the Group Home, because - somebody will!). The more you do it the better you get. That's how learning works.

That's completely true, and I'm sure if I kept trying I would learn more. I know that in terms of just playing my game, I tend to prefer to use pre-built lots and modify as I go, because I get impatient to just play or makeover the sims. The few times I've felt the need to build something completely on my own, it just ends up being very square/rectangular shaped and usable for my purposes but not necessarily especially nice looking. Maybe in the future I will give building more of a try.
Mad Poster
#206 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
Oh yay! I do have SimPE and use it frequently for other things. I'll look up how to use it to extract a family.

EDIT: Do I have to extract each sim individually and if so would you be able to add family ties and relationships back in?

If you're familiar with extracting Sims, then yeah, you can do that. Make sure you include a text document (or whatever you use for notes) which includes the description of each Sim (aspiration, personality, etc... Household and individual bios are optional.)

And yeah, we'll be able to add the relationships and family ties as well, so don't worry about it. Make sure, if you want, to include a description of the relationships as well between each Sim if necessary for their story.

And thank you for considering contributing towards the project!

ETA: Here's what other members did, as examples:

http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...37&postcount=78

http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...8&postcount=104
Test Subject
#207 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 3:34 PM
I'm pretty interested in helping out! I'm building a city at the moment myself, and could easily donate a couple of lots to this project. I've never shared buildings or sims before though, so the process is new to me! I heard somebody say that AGS doesn't work with ultimate collection, is that true? It might pose some problems for me

Also, would we be allowed to place career/aspiration rewards on lots, to help them fit a certain theme??? I'd like to maybe do some crime themed lots so it'd be cool to add a money printer.

Check out my Simblr over at Kat's Simming Adventures !
Mad Poster
#208 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 3:35 PM

Yes you have to extract each member, yes we can make them just how you want them as long as you put it all down in notepad/wordpad.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#209 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 3:54 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 9th Jun 2015 at 6:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by palhoncho
I'm pretty interested in helping out! I'm building a city at the moment myself, and could easily donate a couple of lots to this project. I've never shared buildings or sims before though, so the process is new to me! I heard somebody say that AGS doesn't work with ultimate collection, is that true? It might pose some problems for me

Also, would we be allowed to place career/aspiration rewards on lots, to help them fit a certain theme??? I'd like to maybe do some crime themed lots so it'd be cool to add a money printer.

Yeah, sure!

What you can do is, since the lots won't be compatible, is have the lot built in your normal game and upload screenshots and the lot itself. Then, we'll try to rebuild the lot in AGS so it would be compatible.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#210 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 4:09 PM
@palhoncho You could still use the AnyGameStarter.
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...5&postcount=136
http://modthesims.info/showpost.php...6&postcount=140

Do you have a 2nd computer where you could install TS2 (base game only)? Then, you don't have to do this.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#211 Old 9th Jun 2015 at 5:14 PM
As long as you use career/aspiration rewards that available in BG, you'll be able to place them on the lot and they'll be available to the player without CC. I did this in Widespot and - um - somebody, I'm blanking on who built The Green Gnome - did it on a community lot in Meadow Creek.

Alas, the most obvious reward to place on a crime-themed lot, the counterfeit machine, is not a BG reward! Yeah, I cussed when I realized that, too!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#212 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
As long as you use career/aspiration rewards that available in BG, you'll be able to place them on the lot and they'll be available to the player without CC. I did this in Widespot and - um - somebody, I'm blanking on who built The Green Gnome - did it on a community lot in Meadow Creek.

Alas, the most obvious reward to place on a crime-themed lot, the counterfeit machine, is not a BG reward! Yeah, I cussed when I realized that, too!
It isn't? Drat, I could have sworn Rich had one in the Mannsion!! Maybe that was just a sim story, haha.

I'll look into getting AGS, anyhow. I have double deluxe so I'm not sure if the instructions are the same, but I'll try and work it out. It seems like a fun project!

Check out my Simblr over at Kat's Simming Adventures !
Mad Poster
#213 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 8:45 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 10th Jun 2015 at 8:59 AM.
Yeah, I thought it was the reward for the Criminal career too, but it turns out it's just an aspiration reward that requires Uni: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Aspiration_reward

I'm sure you can figure something out out of your imagination for your lot.
Trainee Moderator
#214 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 3:06 PM
@palhoncho Double Deluxe works just fine with AGS. It's the UC and the later 3 tri combo packs that don't work with AnyGameStarter.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Instructor
#215 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 3:30 AM Last edited by Jojoa777 : 11th Jun 2015 at 4:01 AM.
My family is ready!!!

But first of all, I want to say I'm really sorry. I went kind of nuts writing the description and giving instructions on how to set up the family. I gave really detailed ideas about how to connect each family member to each other and other sims around town (which is all hypothetical since I don't know what other sims there are in the neighborhood). If it's too much, feel free to ignore it and do what you want. Except I do really want my sim Hadley to start out pregnant- so as I said, if an appropriate sim doesn't exist and you don't hate my idea I wouldn't mind making one (or a whole family knowing me). In general, I'd love to make another family (if it's needed).

One of the sims is dead, which I hope is okay. He's an adult because he's supposed to have died a while ago, and his wife is now an elder with their four children (one female adult 25 days from being an elder, two twin sisters who just became adults, and one teen son 8 days from becoming an adult). I had a lot of fun figuring out personalities, and I feel like they're all really different sims. I wrote a family bio and bios for each of them, feel free to condense them if they're too long or add details if things change based on other sims in the neighborhood.

I hope the uploaded files work. This is my first time uploading anything like this. There should be six sims included plus a really long word document.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'm so excited for this neighborhood to continue developing!

EDIT: And I just realized that in spite of my really long document I forgot to give information on the skill levels for the sims. I'll write up a bit more about that, and anything else I can think of, and probably get it in tomorrow.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Wentworth_Family.rar (801.1 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
#216 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 7:08 AM
I had a look into your family and I must say, I'm impressed! Good job!

As I see, the twins don't have the same zodiac sign. Normally, twins are born at the same time and therefore should have the same zodiac sign (in real life) So, would you mind if I change the zodiac sign of one of the twins?

And for more drama, how about if the rich man is dating the two twins AND the mother? And both of the twins are pregnant by him?
Then, we would have a second Don Lothario/or second Rhett Hart.

My Simblr
Instructor
#217 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 11:06 AM
Thank you!

Whoops, I didn't even think about that with the twins, silly me! Their personalities are pretty different, but is it possible to change zodiac sign separately from personality? If it is, go ahead, you can change either one. If not, I'll think about what else to do.

Oh yes, I'd definitely be fine with both of them being pregnant, haha! Always up for more drama! Hadley is actually the person in the house Linnea is on best terms with- so the potential for fighting down the line would be interesting.

Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I had a look into your family and I must say, I'm impressed! Good job!

As I see, the twins don't have the same zodiac sign. Normally, twins are born at the same time and therefore should have the same zodiac sign (in real life) So, would you mind if I change the zodiac sign of one of the twins?

And for more drama, how about if the rich man is dating the two twins AND the mother? And both of the twins are pregnant by him?
Then, we would have a second Don Lothario/or second Rhett Hart.
Mad Poster
#218 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 11:53 AM
Jawusa, who's the rich Sim y'all are talking about? Seems like I missed out on a post or something. :P

And having both twins pregnant? That's one heck of a messy situation! XP
Instructor
#219 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 1:48 PM
I don't think there is a rich sim guy yet. Or at least, I don't know of one. I really need to take a look at the other families people have created so far!

I just thought that at least one of my sims (maybe even two of them now!) should start out pregnant. Hadley is a painfully shy popularity sim, who doesn't know what to do with her life and is working as a golf caddy. I figure she met some rich guy who goes there to golf, and he charmed her, and then one thing led to another...

But since her sister Linnea wants to marry rich, and her mother Cecily wants to date pretty much any guy around town, this rich sim could easily be in relationships with them too. So why not have Linnea be pregnant also, haha?

Like I said in the massive document about the family, if no one else has made/wants to make this rich guy, I'd be happy to. I actually kind of have multiple family ideas in mind both for a rich one and a totally unrelated family, but I'm trying to hold back unless families are needed, because I could easily just keep going and I feel bad I can't contribute lots. I also want to check what's already been done, and which sims of what age/gender are most needed. I did see the group home of teen girls which is why I made a male teen.

This family is so big and has so many adults that I figure a lot of players would move some of them out fairly quickly (even though they should start with low funds), but if they didn't that household would be total nuttiness after the babies were born! In my game, with a mod for bigger households and the triplets/quads mod, I have no doubt there would end up being at least one set of multiples!

Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Jawusa, who's the rich Sim y'all are talking about? Seems like I missed out on a post or something. :P

And having both twins pregnant? That's one heck of a messy situation! XP
Mad Poster
#220 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 2:53 PM
Ah! I see.

Lol! Jojoa777, I think it would be funnier and a great storyline plot if both were pregnant!

I alos think, however, just to make things a bit easier on the player, that each twin would be pregnant with a singleton, unless you guys wanna create a challenge for the player, then go ahead and get them pregnant with twins! Both of them. XP (Personally I'd prefer singleton's for both cause that would be easier for me, but that's just me. )
Instructor
#221 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Ah! I see.

Lol! Jojoa777, I think it would be funnier and a great storyline plot if both were pregnant!

I alos think, however, just to make things a bit easier on the player, that each twin would be pregnant with a singleton, unless you guys wanna create a challenge for the player, then go ahead and get them pregnant with twins! Both of them. XP (Personally I'd prefer singleton's for both cause that would be easier for me, but that's just me. )

Oh yes, definitely singletons. With five sims living in the house, and two of them pregnant, multiples would be a little much!
Instructor
#222 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Jojoa777 : 11th Jun 2015 at 11:16 PM.
So, I took a thorough look at other people's sims and their aspirations/histories. A few things I noticed:

1. Another sim (Genesis Montes) is also a romance sim with the hostess job, just like my sim Cecily Wentworth. I'd be open to changing my sim's career if this is a problem. I thought Culinary seemed like a good fit for her, and she can't be too high up because the family is poor, but I couldn't see her doing fast food. Would it be better if Cecily was a waitress, which is the next level up?

2. There are no criminals! I have an idea for a family where the two parents are notorious Bank Robbers. Could I go ahead with this? I'll also have a teen son since there are a lot of female teens and very few male teens so far. But I also want one more child-aged sim. Should it be a boy or girl? I'm honestly okay either way, and right now there are more child boys than child girls. BUT there are so many teen girls that maybe more boys are just needed in general.

3. This isn't something I noticed, but I think I'm going to go ahead and make the rich sim that impregnated Hadley and Linnea, and a family for him too. His elder dad could be the mayor of the town, and also be a pretty bad person- after all, if Claire Voyante has to fight so hard for rights for the girls at the group home, then I bet there's a real jerk in charge at the moment! I could see him and Claire really despising each other.

Feel free to tell me not to make either or both of these families if they're interfering with what someone else wanted to do, or there are already too many families.

I'm also about to go edit the document about the Wentworths to include more details about their skills.
Mad Poster
#223 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 6:08 AM
So, I took a thorough look at other people's sims and their aspirations/histories. A few things I noticed:

1. Another sim (Genesis Montes) is also a romance sim with the hostess job, just like my sim Cecily Wentworth. I'd be open to changing my sim's career if this is a problem. I thought Culinary seemed like a good fit for her, and she can't be too high up because the family is poor, but I couldn't see her doing fast food. Would it be better if Cecily was a waitress, which is the next level up?

It's not really a big issue. It's okay if both work at the same level. So many people do in cities. :P

2. There are no criminals! I have an idea for a family where the two parents are notorious Bank Robbers. Could I go ahead with this? I'll also have a teen son since there are a lot of female teens and very few male teens so far. But I also want one more child-aged sim. Should it be a boy or girl? I'm honestly okay either way, and right now there are more child boys than child girls. BUT there are so many teen girls that maybe more boys are just needed in general.

Yeah, sure, they could have jobs in the criminal career. Or, one could work in the criminal career, and the other in business, which sorta resembles a banker's job, the 'banker' would know about the other's career and so they'd make a pact to rob the bank/company the other person is working at. (Did that even make any sense? Sorry, I just woke up. )

And as for creating male teens, there really isn't a limit to how many you can have. If you check out one of our previous neighborhoods, Meadow Creek, you'll notice that there's only one teen girl among two teens boys. Go ahead and create your family/ies. However, bear in mind that we do try to include Sims from every life stage, for the sake of diversity and variety.

P.S. on this topic: The family, that I haven't created yet, the Patches, will have a toddler, if anyone's wondering. The other family, which I haven't decided on a last name yet, will have two teen boys, and a child girl.

For the latter, I wanna go with a theme using either the surname 'Stone' or 'Gem'. The kid will have names like Jasper or Onyx, which are all gems formed by minerals. However, some are called stones in certain instances, so which is better? Because the little girl will definitely be called Precious (Stone or Gem).

3. This isn't something I noticed, but I think I'm going to go ahead and make the rich sim that impregnated Hadley and Linnea, and a family for him too. His elder dad could be the mayor of the town, and also be a pretty bad person- after all, if Claire Voyante has to fight so hard for rights for the girls at the group home, then I bet there's a real jerk in charge at the moment! I could see him and Claire really despising each other.

If the story line entails having a rich Sim, then yeah, you'll have to have one. So far, your creating three families. I don't mind myself, as I'm creating two households (which will become three when the dad or mom moves out.)

I like your idea of the rich guy's family dynamics, it could work very well with Peni's Claire Voyante's.
Trainee Moderator
#224 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 7:15 AM
You can create the family. Then, he would have impregnated three womans.

I have a question for you.
So, you said you want to make a rich family with a mayor. I created a family (Rotspatz) who have lived in Emerald Heights a long, long time age when it was all green and was a village. So, is it OK if Esmee, Desiree and the future mayor were really good friends? When all of them aged into adults, the country began to dry out and it became a desert. All of the crops they had got destroyed and it became a wasteland. Then, the highway was lain down. The mayor had success and could convert Emerald Heights into a city. But because the Rotspatzes didn't want that, they became enemies. Now, Emerald Heights is a city, the Rotspatzes are really angry of what the mayor has done to Emerald Heights.

I included the ancestors of the Rotspatz twins. Could you do that, as well? It would be 4 generations then. (Because he has a child who impregnated two ladies)
The other families don't need that. Only the families who lived in Emerald Heights when it was all green and a village.

Of course, if you don't like the idea, you don't have to do that. It's just a suggestion.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#225 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 8:35 AM
I love the idea of a fertile Lothario spreading his oats so carelessly! And what will happen to all of the half siblings? Can any of the mothers conceal the true father of their pregnancies, pretending it's their husband, or just claiming that they don't know (but of course, the player could see immediately that the family tree shows the real parentage!)

I agree with impregnating with singletons. If players really want a challenge, they can always use cheats, mods or cheesecake to increase the pregnancies. But if I'm right, it's impossible to make a twin pregnancy into a single pregnancy. Even using triplets and quads, if a sim is already pregnant with twins, they will give birth to two even if you select "one" on the dialogue.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Page 9 of 34