Replies: 1960 (Who?), Viewed: 156861 times.
Page 79 of 79
Scholar
#1951 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 8:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
That's a current bug.
please Me Too this bug report:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...ed/td-p/9170162

you can grab a (free) fix here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/38315197

Thank you Keren. I thought that it was some sort of a new bug but was not sure. I will download the fix. The text on the patreon page said that sims can die from it so it's better. Maybe it's the Eco lifestyle patch that prevents piles of trash from showing up right after my sims have been fixing something. If I did understand the Eco lifestyle review from LGR correctly all trash get collected in the Evergreen Harbor world. Just a theory... Anyway, thanks for the help. (I do not own the Eco lifestyle pack).
Scholar
#1952 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 9:27 AM
Anyone know how to stop sim's loosing their bicycles? Doesn't matter how to I try to make them attached to it, Even the option, Set as Favourite Bicycle doesn't help a bit. Everytime I go to play my household I have buy everybody new bikes. I'm believing if they are riding a bike and it is interrupted by a sudden Loading Screen, they lose their bikes..
Inventor
#1953 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 1:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmo
Thank you Keren. I thought that it was some sort of a new bug but was not sure. I will download the fix. The text on the patreon page said that sims can die from it so it's better. Maybe it's the Eco lifestyle patch that prevents piles of trash from showing up right after my sims have been fixing something. If I did understand the Eco lifestyle review from LGR correctly all trash get collected in the Evergreen Harbor world. Just a theory... Anyway, thanks for the help. (I do not own the Eco lifestyle pack).

Usually if there's no place for the trash pile to generate on, then it won't get generated at all
could that be the case?

you can test it by moving a broken item to somewhere with free tiles all around it and repairing it there.
Inventor
#1954 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 1:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
Anyone know how to stop sim's loosing their bicycles? Doesn't matter how to I try to make them attached to it, Even the option, Set as Favourite Bicycle doesn't help a bit. Everytime I go to play my household I have buy everybody new bikes. I'm believing if they are riding a bike and it is interrupted by a sudden Loading Screen, they lose their bikes..

The Lost and Found system already apply for bikes, but got a time limit of one day since when your sim have lost it
so if your sim lost their bikes while you were playing with another household and it's been more than an (in-game) day since, they won't get it back when you'll switch to them.

I can remove the time limit and can send you the file for testing if you're interested
but I don't think it will help with already lost bikes.
Field Researcher
#1955 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 4:47 PM Last edited by Celia : 10th Jul 2020 at 12:09 AM.
How long does it take for a sim to bake a cake? My sims, recently, rarely finish baking -- that is, it goes on so long that I finally have them empty the oven. This did not use to happen. Never mind, I have discovered what I should have figured out already -- the problem is in my custom content. Haven't figured out what precisely yet, but am working on it.
Top Secret Researcher
#1956 Old 9th Jul 2020 at 9:42 PM
^ this is similar to the problem I have with my sim eating; his hunger need is full, but he keeps eating and the plate never runs out. he can come back to it and eat from it again and again.

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#1957 Old 10th Jul 2020 at 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
^ this is similar to the problem I have with my sim eating; his hunger need is full, but he keeps eating and the plate never runs out. he can come back to it and eat from it again and again.

When I finally realize they've been eating the same meal for 6 hours and cancel the eating interaction there's still food on the plate, but if I try to have another sim eat from the plate they sit down with it as if they're going to eat it and then they just don't. This particular family eats at the couch so they literally just get back up and put it on the counter every single time. I had assumed it was a mod somewhere, but I guess it's one of the many bugs.

Like the phone calls not working right.
Instructor
#1958 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 2:02 PM
I've just seen something on Twitter that might cheer some Simmers up. PandaSamaSims4CC has just shown how far he/she/they have got making Bunk beds........

https://twitter.com/PandaSamaSims4/...362976098525194
Test Subject
#1959 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 3:48 PM
Does anyone know how I can do a poetry reading mic night in game? I figured it would be a relatively simple thing to do, but it's like poetry doesn't exist. You hit up a mic stand and all you can do is sing or go over a comedy routine.

Eternally skipping life's jump rope.
Scholar
#1960 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 4:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSwitchback
Does anyone know how I can do a poetry reading mic night in game? I figured it would be a relatively simple thing to do, but it's like poetry doesn't exist. You hit up a mic stand and all you can do is sing or go over a comedy routine.

If you have GT and CL, you can make a club where the activities are something like, sing songs, watch live performances, and set the hangout to a coffee house. If you've got Seasons you can create a holiday where you sing songs, drink coffee, and tell stories. I think "recite poetry" might be an action associated with the writing skill or charisma if it's available. However, I think that might be a thing associated with the sims 2 microphone.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Scholar
#1961 Old 11th Jul 2020 at 5:09 PM
Anyone know what might cause the holidays to get compressed? I got Seasons not too long ago and set them to be 4 weeks long so that I could get a feel for each season with each family. (I play ~10 households rotationally) Then I created one or two holidays a week for fun. Today I started on the Dreamers, got Darleen pregnant and then checked the calendar to estimate due date and all of the holidays were compressed down to about 6 weeks. I don't really feel like recreating things, but Labor Day shouldn't be the second week of summer...

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Page 79 of 79