Replies: 13 (Who?), Viewed: 10021 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 6:42 PM
Default Disappearing Floor Graphics Glitch
Circumstances: floors randomly vanish depending on camera angle and cursor placement. I’ve included a picture; the only difference between the screenshots is where my cursor pointed. This happens in both build/buy and live modes. I vaguely recall seeing this a long while back, and then having it get fixed (perhaps through a game patch). In any case, I’ve not seen this in a while (and didn’t have the issue yesterday when I was doing the same sort of work on a nearly identical build). No new content (custom or Maxis) in the interim, no new game patch, no changes that I could find. It seems to only be a problem in rooms without a ceiling (such as a flat roof or balcony), but it is possible I’ve just not noticed it in other rooms. I’ve rebooted and repaired the game, but that didn’t seem to solve anything.

Anybody else seeing this and/or know what’s going on?

System specs: Alienware Aurora desktop with an i7-6700 processor, 16 gigs of RAM, and an NVIDIA GTX 1070 graphics card (driver patch 10.18.13.6839) with an additional 8 gigs of memory
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 7:53 PM
This has nothing to do with your computer specs. I notice that room is a "high ceiling" room. High ceiling is not really permitted in TS4, the workaround which most people use is an illusion. In reality, that room is designated as "outdoors" which is why there are many glitches associated with it.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 8:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
This has nothing to do with your computer specs. I notice that room is a "high ceiling" room. High ceiling is not really permitted in TS4, the workaround which most people use is an illusion. In reality, that room is designated as "outdoors" which is why there are many glitches associated with it.

It's not just that, though. It still happens if I have a regular room there. Specifically, I re-added the floor, merged the newly-floored room with the room around it, deleted the original flat roof room/deck, created a new room/deck as a flat roof, and I still get the visual glitch. I've had it happen on circular decks (which necessarily must be outside) and rooms only with angled corners. And, for that matter, in a building on the same lot adjacent to the picture I uploaded, I have a "high ceiling" room capped by a flat roof room which does not have the glitch.

Edit: Also, I've had it happen with other flat roof pieces on this particular build covering first-floor rooms.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 9:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moscow0889
It's not just that, though. It still happens if I have a regular room there. Specifically, I re-added the floor, merged the newly-floored room with the room around it, deleted the original flat roof room/deck, created a new room/deck as a flat roof, and I still get the visual glitch. I've had it happen on circular decks (which necessarily must be outside) and rooms only with angled corners. And, for that matter, in a building on the same lot adjacent to the picture I uploaded, I have a "high ceiling" room capped by a flat roof room which does not have the glitch.

Edit: Also, I've had it happen with other flat roof pieces on this particular build covering first-floor rooms.


Hey, did you fixed it? I'm having this idiot problem right now in my game and it's really giving me headaches because I can't figure a way to fix! I can't even place objects on the glitched floor. At first , I thought it was a problem with cc, since I have tons of it, so I removed the cc and the problem's still there. I have a whole bunch of zero theories about why this is happening.
Somebody help me, please
Btw, I haven't seen anyone in any place of the internet talking about this glitch.
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellal_fernandes
Hey, did you fixed it? I'm having this idiot problem right now in my game and it's really giving me headaches because I can't figure a way to fix! I can't even place objects on the glitched floor. At first , I thought it was a problem with cc, since I have tons of it, so I removed the cc and the problem's still there. I have a whole bunch of zero theories about why this is happening.
Somebody help me, please
Btw, I haven't seen anyone in any place of the internet talking about this glitch.


Hi, I have it too. I am building a house and a part of my garden is on the foundation, that floor disappeared. I removed that floor and built a new one, but it is not fixed the problem. Now i saved my house and placed them on another lot, this time in Windenburg. I did not know it helps, because i haven't done yet. If it helps, i let you know. I have all the packs, but not the latest patch.of july 2019.
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 11:31 AM
Hi here I again, untill now my floor is not disappeared, but my other plants I can not place on the floor. I don't know how it can be fixed.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jul 2019 at 11:43 PM
Hi,
Do You have a dancefloor or the transparent floor/rug from Island Living on your Lot?

I have discovered that these 2 objects can make the floor tiles disappear or that NO( or very difficult) other floor tiles can be placed. And now I can placed other objects on that floor without any problems.

The Dancefloor and the transparent floor/rug (from island living) causes this problems. I have made my first house already without problems now.

I hope this can solved your problems too.
Test Subject
#8 Old 18th Nov 2019 at 2:28 PM
Hi,

just wanted to say that this is still happening (in my case because of the glass tile from island living) and that it really fixes the glitch by simply removing the tiles. I didn't even have to restart my game or something like that.
Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Jan 2020 at 8:26 PM
I am having this problem BIG TIME. It’s ruined so many builds. I build a lot of modern layered homes and it always just takes over everything and I can’t furnish it it’s making me not feel inspired to play the game
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 9:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamie
Hi,
Do You have a dancefloor or the transparent floor/rug from Island Living on your Lot?

I have discovered that these 2 objects can make the floor tiles disappear or that NO( or very difficult) other floor tiles can be placed. And now I can placed other objects on that floor without any problems.

The Dancefloor and the transparent floor/rug (from island living) causes this problems. I have made my first house already without problems now.

I hope this can solved your problems too.


It was the crystal clear floor from IL!! I was having mad issues and I thought it was because of the scale of the build, removed the two of these I had and the glitch stopped instantly.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 11:39 AM
Eu uso as pistas de dança mais n acontece isso , fica normal Ps' não uso nenhum tipo de mod. abraços
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 4:11 AM
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I've been building a castle for about a week and now the second floor ceiling glitches out and i can barely build on it, and for what i was able to build, my sims couldn't go up to the third floor even if I try to teleport them there. I really don't wanna delete my build and this problem only started after I downloaded Eco Lifestyle.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyCat#
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I've been building a castle for about a week and now the second floor ceiling glitches out and i can barely build on it, and for what i was able to build, my sims couldn't go up to the third floor even if I try to teleport them there. I really don't wanna delete my build and this problem only started after I downloaded Eco Lifestyle.


Could you possibly upload that build to the gallery so I can play around with it?

This also appears to be an issue with some floor tiles or even just a specific floor tile swatch and the Crystal Clear glass roof from IL (see AHQ thread here ) but there are most probably other factors causing it.

I'm trying to collect the specific combination of factors that can cause this issue to submit in the bug forum for Crin, which is how I found this thread
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th Jun 2020 at 3:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluebellFlora
Could you possibly upload that build to the gallery so I can play around with it?

This also appears to be an issue with some floor tiles or even just a specific floor tile swatch and the Crystal Clear glass roof from IL (see AHQ thread here ) but there are most probably other factors causing it.

I'm trying to collect the specific combination of factors that can cause this issue to submit in the bug forum for Crin, which is how I found this thread


You were completely right, I changed the swatch of my glass roof and the problem was completely fixed, I hope that gets fixed soon lol. Thank you for the help!
Back to top