Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 12:33 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Custom age span preventing pregnancy?
I'm having an issue with my preferred age span. Sims can WooHoo but not Try For Baby, and I can't use the SimBlender or other hacked objects to make them pregnant. Sims created without the age mod installed are able to TFB and otherwise become pregnant, and Sims created with a different (112 days in adulthood) age mod installed are able to TFB and otherwise become pregnant. The mod I want to be using is pretty long (over 2000 days in adulthood).

I guess my question is, is this a known issue with really long age spans or is there a way to fix it?

Thank you
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 1:24 AM
never heard of age spans interfering with pregnancy. Have you run the hack conflict detector? Might be time to make a back up and do a 50/50 search since it's probably a mod clashing with another mod at fault.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
#3 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 4:16 PM
@syja, not sure if you are still experiencing this issue, but actually yes, this can happen, with ACR. So do you have ACR or another mod that changes sim fertility? And if you have ACR, are you experiencing issues with ACR's woohoo & try for baby? Vanilla actions should be the same and your sims should still be able to get pregnant that. If not, and you're having issues with the regular try for baby, then, yeah, you need to do as Jo says try the 50/50 method.

But if you do have ACR, as Almighty Hat explains (here: https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/23906.html), when you have a long aging mod, ACR's fertility curve gets screwed up because sims are fertile either too early, or not long enough. What you'll see if you show a sim's token stats is that sims' fertility has gone down to 0%, and that's why ACR's try for baby and risky woohoo isn't working. (Again, if you don't have ACR and the vanilla actions aren't working, then you have a different issue/mod conflict). Anyway, Hat does give an explanation on how to mod ACR for your lifespan and I've written out step by step instructions from that (link in my signature). I'm not sure if you'll have enough lines for your mod, as your age length seems very long, but you can always do a "greater than" value for your last line because elders can't get pregnant anyway without additional mods.

So I wanted to mention ACR in case you have that, and also I wanted to mention Chris Hatch's Age Correct, because it sounds like you might not have updated sims' days left after trying out aging mods. Also if you do edit ACR, running Age Correct will help put them on the right point of the fertility curve, since it'll update the sim's age. Original Age Correct post from here: https://www.modthesims.info/showthr...917#post5248917
Quote:
Try this (AgeCorrect.zip 2kb)
https://app.box.com/s/6hzj2igaefj94eixehm17up2ubug6qqv
Place it in your download folder and load any family, it'll idle for a few minutes to give your game a chance to settle then run in the background and correct the age of every (non pet) sim in the neighbourhood. It'll give you a message when it's done. Then save, exit and remove it from your download folder.
It uses the age controller to adjust sim's age duration, age days left and days in previous age so it uses the same constants that age mods override making it ideal for whenever you add/remove or change an age mod.

I have attempted to make it an intelligent fix by not just changing the age duration but also changing the days left so they will have spent the current number of days in the current age duration and not have to re-live any days, cutting it off at a minimum of one day left.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 7:20 PM
ACR shouldn't affect the availability of the original EAxis Try for Baby interaction. ACR adds completely new socials that have nothing to do with EAxis socials, it doesn't change the EAxis socials themselves.
Alchemist
#5 Old 19th Aug 2020 at 9:10 PM
Agreed; sorry if I made that unclear. I wanted to mention that I have seen the not-getting-pregnant-issue with ACR, in case the OP has it, but didn't mention it.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her