Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 7:59 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Default replacements still show game thumbnails
Hiya,

So I spent a few days replacing near every item of hair and clothing in the game and I noticed that most things still show the old game thumb in CAS. Only a few things took the replacement icon. I did what was suggested in this thread here - deleted the thumbnails folder entirely, deleted all the caches, cigen, content registry. And nothing changed. Majority of icons are still game icons. It seems to primarily be stuff from EPs, I think most of the basegame clothing and hairs took the new icons.

Am I missing something to get them to show the replacement thumb? Or is there nothing I can do. As I said I replaced almost everything but I don't know what I replaced with what so I don't want to go clicking on everything to see what it actually is each time I change my sim's clothes or hair ya know?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 10:27 PM
Go to CAS and control+right click on the thumbnail. You'll have to go through all of them, but you'll only have to do it once.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 1:19 AM Last edited by CASnarl : 24th Sep 2020 at 4:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Go to CAS and control+right click on the thumbnail. You'll have to go through all of them, but you'll only have to do it once.

I didn't see this before I turned my game off, but I'll be sure to try tomorrow and then will update this post with my result. Fingers crossed!

EDIT:
Only done the toddlers so far but this is working! Thanks much!!