Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#326 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
^LOL That's strange. You don't have any sims in that household named Porter or in your game period?

Nope. No one. xD Its been happening everytime I play the game.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#327 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 11:40 PM
My sims are bizarre...
They'll just walk off the lot, find a random person, bring them home, get mad at them, then kick them out....

My child refuses to play with boy toys, only dollhouses.
Lab Assistant
#328 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:54 AM
I got a negative moodlet from throwing away 'perfectly good food' - the game chastised me and told me that there were starving sim kiddies out there! Aww!
Thing is..it was meaty hotdogs that a party guest left at the house of a veggie so there was no way she was going to eat them. Did I miss some opportunity to donate the food?!
Test Subject
#329 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayami-chan
There is car that'll sit outside of my house at random points. It just sits there, for no reason. Then it'll drive off.
o_O

That is spooky....haven't had that happen yet....lol
Test Subject
#330 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodflowers
After six years of hardcore simming and lurking, I've finally had happen in my game that was strange enough to make me post.

My sim was getting to know the male maid, and one of the traits she discovered was that he is a kleptomaniac. (?!?!) I didn't think much of it (other than a cursory glance to be sure all of my stuff was still in the house, until something crazy happened. They stopped hanging out and she started playing with her toddler, and he turned around and picked up her newborn. I think of my simmies as little people, and I wouldn't let a stranger hold *my* newborn, so I asked him to leave. HE LEFT WITH THE INFANT! The baby's icon disappeared, but he's still part of the family tree. The maid still shows up every day, but he didn't bring the baby back with him.

LOL....I have noticed when chatting with nearly EVERY maid in all different households that they are kleptos.
Inventor
#331 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ayami-chan
There is car that'll sit outside of my house at random points. It just sits there, for no reason. Then it'll drive off.
o_O

It could be a criminal sim that is scoping out your house for a potential burglary or it's a spy sim that is spying on you (could be a cop or journalist).
Lab Assistant
#332 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 2:53 AM
I decided to start a new game in River View. I made a couple, Tim Horton and his wife Mary. Mary seems to have really bad luck with anything that possibly could catch fire.

I moved into a place with a fireplace. Thought that was pretty special. So I get Tim to go poke the fire, and it lights up. No problem. The next day, I have Mary do the same thing while Tim was at work. POOF.. She catches it on fire, and the fireman comes to save the day. Mary also catches on fire, but doesn't die. I thought I had the quickest unintentional death of a Sim record on my hands, but apparently not.

A few days later, Mary decided to go make herself some dinner. Again with the fire. This time she manages to put it out quick enough. However, the fireman showed up late, then dinged her $500 for his not having to put out the fire. *sigh* I think I'm gonna make Tim the cook.
Inventor
#333 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 3:49 AM
Did you give Mary the unlucky trait? Because I haven't created a sim yet that had a fire start from something they did. The only fire that ever happened for me was with an auto-light fireplace that caught fire to the wall while my sim was out fishing somewhere. Fireman arrived quickly though and put it out.
Lab Assistant
#334 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 6:22 AM
No. No unlucky trait, which is what I find amusing. She's got a 6th trait that seems to have scored her unluckiness.
Lab Assistant
#335 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:44 PM
I was playing with the indiestone mod today for the first time, and the altos decided to move houses. They moved down to the little house just down the hill behind their old house, it has like a little lighthouse thing on it.

It was smaller than their old house (obviously) but it was nice an modern house, so I said, "fair enough if they want to downsize"

THEN in the same day, they decide to move to a TINY one bedroom bungalow! (It's called shotgun style and it is quite close to the bachelor house, which I was playing at the time)
Instructor
#336 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 2:05 AM
Took me a while to realize it, but one of my legacy families I'm playing is living in the house were to saved game load screen picture was taken. I had a good laugh when I finally noticed it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#337 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 4:59 AM
I though my girl child was secretly a little boy.. I changed her clothes and saw all the custom content for the little boys .. and no custom girl clothes.
But it was good once I installed some more content.
(:
Test Subject
#338 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 3:38 PM
i moved my sims into a new home and for some barmy reason a door and window was floating about 4 stories high from the ground, the door wasnt connected to a wall either??? and it wouldnt let me delete them
Lab Assistant
#339 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dundoniandood
I was playing with the indiestone mod today for the first time, and the altos decided to move houses. They moved down to the little house just down the hill behind their old house, it has like a little lighthouse thing on it.

It was smaller than their old house (obviously) but it was nice an modern house, so I said, "fair enough if they want to downsize"

THEN in the same day, they decide to move to a TINY one bedroom bungalow! (It's called shotgun style and it is quite close to the bachelor house, which I was playing at the time)

Haha, I hate it when that happens! It happened to my Landgraabs.
Mmm and in my boyfriend's game.. the Alto's moved out of their house and didn't move into another. Yeah, they randomly decided to become homeless. o_O
Test Subject
#340 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 4:02 PM
I dont know nothing really funny, unless my ears are deceiving me, I would swear that after romantic interactions Sims say "giggity"..which yeah thats pretty damn funny or its just me hearing things either way I got a good giggle from it
---
GIGGITY GOO!
I heard that, too.
I bet the Sims 3 guys are big family guy fans.
Mad Poster
#341 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pontiac76
I decided to start a new game in River View. I made a couple, Tim Horton and his wife Mary. Mary seems to have really bad luck with anything that possibly could catch fire.

I moved into a place with a fireplace. Thought that was pretty special. So I get Tim to go poke the fire, and it lights up. No problem. The next day, I have Mary do the same thing while Tim was at work. POOF.. She catches it on fire, and the fireman comes to save the day. Mary also catches on fire, but doesn't die. I thought I had the quickest unintentional death of a Sim record on my hands, but apparently not.

A few days later, Mary decided to go make herself some dinner. Again with the fire. This time she manages to put it out quick enough. However, the fireman showed up late, then dinged her $500 for his not having to put out the fire. *sigh* I think I'm gonna make Tim the cook.

I never had fires in TS3 so much so that I thought they weren't included in the game. Until I moved my 2nd gen daughter and her new husband into a new house. They had 4 fires the first evening they were there! Three in the fireplace and one on the stove. Next day, same thing. I haven't played them since, but I haven't had fires anywhere else either. Neither had the unlucky or pyro trait...so...random much???
Alchemist
#342 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:30 PM
one of my elder sims' daughter drowned *cough*, and she mourned her...to her daughters' ghost! o_O!

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Lab Assistant
#343 Old 3rd Sep 2009 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
I had a sim die of starvation in my yard (fenced her in cuz she was very rude to my sim and was hostile to the kids in the house) When she died a prompt came up along the lines of "such a shame when a sim dies of starvation, she could have called you and asked for a sammwich" I clicked Grimmy when he was at the house and he has a option to play Chess for the sim's soul. It reminded me of that movie Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Anyway gave me a good laugh. Apparently you cannot plead for your sim's loved ones anymore- ya gotta play chess.

that is EXACTLY like the Demonata series of books by Darren Shan...the family of the main character has a curse on it that makes them turn into werewolves and die...the only person who knows how to cure it is a demon lord named Lord Loss...and they have to play chess on six simultaneous boards to basically "win" the cure. if they lose everybody dies.

and i have nothing to add this is merely spam lol
Lab Assistant
#344 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 12:17 AM
Anyone remember the Grandpas Home ? Riverview ?
Well i threw my Evil Erazer in there. Hence the name you can guess,
what his traits are
I like to throw a few "baddies" randomly into families.

Well there was Marvin and Benni (can't remember the 3rd Grandpas name)
Marvin and Benni are , i guess a couple.
Or...were...
So i killed of Marvin.
When i later came back to them, Marvin was now a ghost.
Benni and the other Grandpa were on veeeeerry friendly terms.

And when Marvin came out at night, it was very creepy,
since now Evil E. and Marvin (the ghost) are now....a couple .

When i started another town, of course i visited the grandpas again.
This time without me doing anything !
There was a baby laying in the lawn, obviously a member of the family.
So i bought them a crib, and a few kids toys, for later.

So far i have only started a new town 3 times.
Once, just to check how the grandpas start out, with baby or not *g*
1 time they had a baby, 2 times they did not.

I love the Grandpas, there is always something funny happening

"It is not that you will go mad.
It is that you will beg for madness." - Volrath
Top Secret Researcher
#345 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 2:10 AM
I made 3 sim family which is meant to be an evil family:

A blond hunk who works for the police force. An evil lady who is a master thief. A revered and charismatic gentleman who is destined to be the boss of evil. Respectively, a corrupt cop, a master thief, and a mastermind of the mafia. Along with all the normal traits like Brave, Charismatic, Burglar, etc... for the appropriate characters, they all have the "Evil" trait. I spent 20 hours designing a lot for them in which it appears to be a moderate bachelor wooden house for the corrupt cop but has hidden access to the underground evil den where they have far more luxurious living quarters and garrage with the most expensive cars (probably stolen).

I also design a prison cell for these ruthless evil doers to hold kidnapped victims, possibly torture them and stuff.

All these elaborate ideas get me: ... An evil family indeed. But instead of a mean and scary family, what I get is these 3 supposed villans kept sneaking and scaring each other to no end. At one time I counted 5 different Scares jumping back and forth among the 3. And then the fight, they kept getting mad at each other. It is ok if the members of the gang would harass innocents, but kept jumping on each other is so unacceptable.

I made some sim victims and merged with this household. I found out very quickly there is no way to assert any kind of violence or domination over another sim: All sims are equal. With lockable doors I thought I could lock the victims in a room and just feed them. But this one time, one of my victim (while I was not looking) just decided that she (a helpless teenage school girl) would visit the Museum and she somehow "escaped" from the locked door, took the most expensive car from the hidden garage, and had a great time at the museum.

An then, she returned home, parked the expensive stolen car in the front (the lot is supposed to be disguided simple bachelor house to evade police attention). And since she can not get back into her prison cell (the locked door), she went to bath and slept in the master bedroom.

I didn't expect TS3 game itself to understand all these concepts, but all it just feels like my ideas failed too miserably when the supposed evil bosses act like kids fighting each other while victims reign freely.
Test Subject
#346 Old 4th Sep 2009 at 11:24 PM
I am finding all of this hillarious! I need to stop building for a while and actually start playing it seems!

Find out where some of the best Sims 3 Downloads are here at the Sims 3 Daily Download!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#347 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 12:20 AM Last edited by Seethatfallingstar : 5th Sep 2009 at 4:00 AM. Reason: i spelled something wrong
I read in the newspaper (sim newspaper) that the hospital actually saved more lives then people dying there!! And to celebrate they were having a 2 for 1 birth sale (..) and cafetria specials!!

I fear for my sims. I really do.
Scholar
#348 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 1:44 AM
I've said this before some where on here, but oh wells. With one of the patches it took away the make a baby function. Of course at the time of this update I made a female to have a grimmy baby. Frustrated that I couldn't do what I wanted, I maliciously killed her off.

As I was moving the camera to capture the grim reaper mourning the loss of this sim I was surprised when I saw the wavy lines of the alarm going off. A burglar had walked right in. I was like huh, then wtf as the grim reaper proceeded to give a beat down to the robber; AND WON!

Gets funnier after the cops takes the burglar away they walk into the other part of the room and it ends with the daughter of the dead woman shaking the grim reapers hand.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0tsPKHR3FI)

As I think of it I had another funny moment. I switched houses to another faimly and I noticed the dad missing. Double clicking on the map the camera zoomed over to find him behind the retro looking restaurant.

Um... This is enough to scare any sim player...
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i...reenshot-61.jpg
How many grim reapers does it take to kill a guy???
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i...reenshot-62.jpg
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i...reenshot-63.jpg
I'm lost
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i...reenshot-64.jpg
http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i...reenshot-65.jpg

It ended with absolutely positively no one dying. Maybe someone chocked to death in the diner I nono. That's the funniest moments besides any thing Ceaser Goth does.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Theorist
#349 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 5th Sep 2009 at 2:10 AM. Reason: Adding Picture
My sim was burning to death out in the yard. As the fire ate at his flesh, a talking exclamation bubble popped up. It was the dinner icon, he used his last words to complain that he was hungry!
Screenshots
Site Helper
#350 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 6:26 PM
Well, I just got the game so I haven't had a lot of chances to get things happening yet.

But I have a brother and a sister. The sister is working on being as close to a super hero as she can (International agent? or whatever it is...) while her dear brother is working on Emperor of Evil. She got the career opportunity to disable the Leader's superweapon. So while her brother was at work groveling to his boss the sister was busy sneaking in and disabling the weapon.

When he got home he was wanting to donate 100, 250, and 1000 to undermine charities. He also autonomously woke his sister and scared her. (I didn't think he was going to be happy.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 14 of 16