Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#426 Old 6th Sep 2019 at 6:41 PM
I have a hairstyle that I'm not entirely sure I'm going to complete...
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#427 Old 13th Sep 2019 at 6:15 PM
Apparently the image needs to "flipped" in order to recolour this book correctly
Mad Poster
#428 Old 29th Sep 2019 at 12:21 AM
Trying to build a western/Spanish/Mission house. Huge Torrox build set helps, but it's still so time-consuming. And the "required" deco stairs DON'T have slots as advertised.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Forum Resident
#429 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 2:53 PM Last edited by Katie Turner : 10th Oct 2019 at 3:54 AM.
Default Minerva McGonagall
Witchy recolors for Minerva McGonagall

The colors themselves are finished but hair refuses to bin
Screenshots
Scholar
#430 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 1:51 AM
I was interested in seeing how the game would handle coloring grayscale textures into color, and thought of working on a superhero costume for Aquaman. Here's what it looks like so far. More images on my DeviantArt (click the image to visit):

Screenshots

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Forum Resident
#431 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 6:01 PM
skin with werewolf scars for remus lupin

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#432 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 7:57 PM
Im getting really close to being done with all of the sets i had planned plus redoing most of my old wallpaper.

Got a few bedding repairs to do....

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#433 Old 27th Dec 2019 at 2:01 AM
In between all the holiday preps I've been working on a posebox that builds on what I did for my last year's winter entry for the baby/toddler contest.
Screenshots
Instructor
#434 Old 4th Jan 2020 at 9:09 PM
So I have 4 weeks off before I start my new job. I can finally play sims again! Or just convert stuff like this. Joke aside, it's really relaxing just to sit by the computer doing stuff like this again. Hopefully it will turn out alright.

Instructor
#435 Old 1st Feb 2020 at 12:28 PM Last edited by emmyjulia : 1st Feb 2020 at 2:48 PM.
So, I have been searching high and low for the perfect road default for my medieval hood. Don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of nice medieval road defaults out there. But none of what I had in mind when I first started searching.
Since I really love the Rural Lane set from Criquette I used the textures them to make my own road default. And it turned out pretty good! It’s not perfect but damn, I am little proud.

All the credits goes to Criquette, I just put it together.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#436 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 6:56 PM Last edited by pianogrinder : 6th Feb 2020 at 7:08 PM.
Default Liquid Metal Skintones
I've been working on a skintone set for a while making liquid metal skintones. I used Madmosh's very shiny robot gidget skins,modified, retextured and recolored them and I got this wonderful result. Only problem is that the clothes turn out shiny too and some hairs have missing textures, I just have to know which hairs to use but other than that, they look great. Click on images to enlarge. These are only a few recolors that I made, there are more.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#437 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 6:01 AM
Default Mining
Failing to discover what is making landlord parties fail (removing CC prevents the landlord even trying, leaving it in gets the stereo on but pizza fail.), I gave up and went back to trying to resolve my lag problem. Currently, this seems to mean starting a new hood and seeing how long it takes to start the lag problem.

So I am back to building, this time in an industrial/urban style. I have made a couple of mine structures this week.

Here is the first one - the outside is pretty faithful to the Silver King Coalition Building in Utah.

The inside is currently empty, and I can't find info on what should be in there. I don't really want to build turbines or anything from CC parts, anyway.

This building was not actually a mine, but a staging area. Ore arrived in cable-car buckets at the top of the building - I left the platform in situ, though it's on the other side in these pics - and left by rail car for the smelters in another city. No idea how the ore got to the bottom, or what happened in the rest of the building. I have put in a basement with lift access, so it can be a working mine (thanks, Sun&Moon), or some other community use. There is access to the rails from both sides of the ground floor.

I've also built a copper mine, and next will be an industrial mill. Nice to be playing again, instead of the endless (and fruitless) bug-searching.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#438 Old 14th Feb 2020 at 3:25 AM
Another mine bulding, this time based on the Champion No. 4 Shaft from Painesdale. Old Champion was a copper mine. The ore was once brought up to the top of the tower, and allowed to fall down the long shute, being processed and pulverized by machinery along the way, before it was sent for smelting. Old Champion's heyday was in the early 20th century.

This building is still partially fitted out - the manager's office, staff canteen, sorting room and some machinery (robotics workstations) remain. There is even a tiny first-aid room. The lift still goes down into the shaft, though only to one level. You can see some of Sun&Moon's mining rocks in the basement, and a heap of spoil fills one corner of the lot.
Screenshots
Instructor
#439 Old 21st Feb 2020 at 10:43 AM
Finally getting my game back together after losing all 8 years worth of custom content to a hard drive format. Been on a downloading spree for days now but am taking a break to make some bedding based on my irl bedding. It's come out pretty nice so far

Screenshots

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Test Subject
#440 Old 7th May 2020 at 8:15 PM Last edited by LadyGagasHeavymetalLover : 20th May 2020 at 5:28 PM.
It’s my first object in a long time, but I created the sign for the Seventh Heaven bar in Final Fantasy VII, This is the Remake's version of it! It isn’t exact, but it’s close! I failed to notice that the borders around the sign were actually broken beams though, so I will be working on tweaking this~

EDIT:

So I added the beams to the sign and I honestly am in love with how it currently looks <3
Screenshots
Test Subject
#441 Old 20th May 2020 at 10:13 PM
The Sims 2 version of the Seventh Heaven sign is pretty much done, and Today I was testing out a Sims 3 version (the texture is not satisfactory for me tbh) as well as building the bar in Sims 2. I'm overall pretty satisfied with the exterior! and I can't wait to finish this lot
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#442 Old 23rd May 2020 at 6:03 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 24th May 2020 at 4:09 PM.
Default The Romanov Sisters
The Romanov Sisters

Olga Nikolaevna Romanov

Tatiana Nikolaevna Romanov

Maria Nikolaevna Romanov

Anastasia Nikolaevna Romanov

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#443 Old 24th May 2020 at 3:31 PM
Thinking about Sims often brings a tear to my eye (because their hold on life is even slighter than our own), but the Romanov sisters really deserve my tears. In case other people haven't realised it, these are the daughters of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and Alexandra the Tsarina, who were murdered along with their parents and their little brother Alexei (still only 13) by Bolsheviks in July 1918. Prior to the 1917 revolution the Romanov sisters had led very sheltered lives, and, whatever the rights and wrongs of the Russian Revolution, the Romanov children were entirely innocent victims.

@Mischief Managed : I am fascinated to know why you have recreated them as Sims. Are you doing Nicholas, Alexandra and Alexei too?

btw; a little typo -- you missed out the "n" in "Romanov" in the title and the second line.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#444 Old 24th May 2020 at 4:09 PM Last edited by Mischief Managed : 24th May 2020 at 9:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Thinking about Sims often brings a tear to my eye (because their hold on life is even slighter than our own), but the Romanov sisters really deserve my tears. In case other people haven't realised it, these are the daughters of Tsar Nicholas II of Russia and Alexandra the Tsarina, who were murdered along with their parents and their little brother Alexei (still only 13) by Bolsheviks in July 1918. Prior to the 1917 revolution the Romanov sisters had led very sheltered lives, and, whatever the rights and wrongs of the Russian Revolution, the Romanov children were entirely innocent victims.

@AndrewGloria I agree completely, thinking about gets me all emotional, and sad, and than angry, especially how easily they are forgotten

Quote:
I am fascinated to know why you have recreated them as Sims. Are you doing Nicholas, Alexandra and Alexei too?

As I mentioned thinking about them gets me emotional, and I've always had a...hyperfixation with the Romanovs since I a child, (starting from watching the 1997, Anastasia than learning about the real story) Recently I re-listened to the Anastasia soundtracks (movie and broadway musical) and reignited my passion, which lead to tears and anger, so while taking a break from Harry Potter sims I realized I had 1. probably way more than necessary Edwardian clothing and 2. the 48 Around the world non default face templates, (I'm sorry I don't have the by who on hand) which included maybe 5? that had features found in Russia, Germany and UK etc (considering, Nicholas was Russian, Alexandra was German and both were grandchildren of Queen Victoria with some English heritage) So thought why not

As for doing the rest, eventually yes Nicky and Alexi are easy, as for Alix, like the girls I would love to use pooklet hair colors, as it has they redish/brownish/blonde color that they had but there are no Edwardian hairs in those colors. the ones I am currently using are 4t2 and 3t2 in maxis match brown as it's the closest in historical style

sorry for the longwinded explanation

Quote:
btw; a little typo -- you missed out the "n" in "Romanov" in the title and the second line.

Oh gosh, thank you

EDIT: here I threw together a quick version of Nicholas and Alexandra
Screenshots
Alchemist
#445 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 7:26 AM
I've been building a petrol station - the Grilled Cheese Servo.

No CC so far, although I intend to add bowsers and nifty convenience store items for the shop.
Screenshots

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
#446 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:01 AM
Default Shirts for the guys
So I thought I should make some cool floral print shirts for my guys, using Maxis wallpapers as the patterns.

Another (minor project) is a recolour of a Julie J top for one of my guys, but I'm really questioning it.
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#447 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:45 PM
I've been taking pictures and all for the upload thread of a neighborhood which I plan to upload... soon.
Here are a few outtakes, lol.

Need to fill your fridge? Your wardrobe seems empty? Bored of playing the same video games all over again? Need new collars for your pet?
Come here if you are in shopping mood; the Lunar Market has got it all.

Price Range: §§§ - When the founder of the famous Notell Motel in Bigg City & Fanny's Private Tutoring in Land Grant University heard of Moonbase Apollo, that CEO came up with the idea of setting that very same business onto the Moon. Basically, it's the same concept; not telling mom where all the money went while on holiday...

Welcome to the Lunar Zen Garden! This is where you can find peace, silence, concentration and inspiration.

Looking for a little fun during vacation?
Well.. then come to this nightclub if you wanna have a drink or two; meet new people; or if wanna dance, dance, DANCE as the atomic nuclei decay.

Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
#448 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 7:27 PM
Updated my guy's customised shirt using a pattern free for commercial reuse.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#449 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 9:33 PM
aelflaed and Jawusa, I love your lots! very different styles but both unique

I also like the shirts WatermelonSandal, I myself have never enough patterned button-ups irl

Lately I've been working on an electric kettle that sims can actually drink tea from. I've managed to get everything working as intended, but I haven't made up my mind about recolor options yet. I made some improvements (fixed the clipping) since last time i took theses screenshots, but right now my game decided not to launch anymore even though it worked smoothly this morning... So I'm backing everything up and trying to track down the problem

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#450 Old 28th Jun 2020 at 10:18 PM
^ Delete cache files, maybe? They frequently make the game not want to run, but delete them and the game is usually back on track again.

Also, neat idea with the electric kettle
Page 18 of 22