Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 7:45 AM Last edited by perihelion : 16th Nov 2011 at 1:30 PM. Reason: Reserved Post
Default Sims 2: Tundra Valley (All EPs)
Round One: The Alien Refugee

You know the drill, people. If you want in, set up AGS and download the archive. If you need the account details, send me a PM.

EDIT: Also, check the readme file CAREFULLY - it will tell you how to install the files I prepared for the surprise. I have tested them thoroughly and they will NOT bork your game.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 2:33 PM Last edited by Kailacat : 9th Nov 2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: R1
Golden Preview

The Golden Family, Round One

~~~

My Livejournal where other random pictures of Tundra Valley will most likely be posted.

~~~~~ ~~~~~ ~~~~~

Who's first?

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 2:35 PM
Um... you can, if you want. I'm still waiting to hear back from appelsapgodin and mangaroo.
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 2:57 PM
Ooh, yay, this'll be fun! I still haven't set up my new AnyGame with all EP's yet, and I'm gonna be busy today, most likely - so one of them should go first instead. Plus, I'm first in Illusion Bay.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 5:35 PM
If I can get AGS working again, mind if I join in a bit later? I don't have time to sort it now as I'm playing Illusion Bay, and in the real world I have a statistics exam next week and a family wedding to go to, but I'd really like to join if I can!
Banned
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 4:44 AM
I got a reply from mangaroo in the affirmative, so that's one more player.
Scholar
#7 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 1:57 AM
Nobody's started yet? :'( I've been really busy recently since it's the end of the quarter and grades and bla bla bla. This coming weekend though if nobody's started by then, I will. I just need to set up the AnyGame.

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2010 at 7:15 AM
Unfortunately mangaroo has had to bow out, since AGS isn't working. Man, we need more people in this group!
Scholar
#9 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:46 PM Last edited by Kailacat : 6th Nov 2010 at 4:11 AM. Reason: WOW EPIC
If Laura gets her AnyGames sorted and if appelsapgodin is playing, then that's four - a decent number with a fairly short wait.

I'm downloading right... now.

What do the UI and UItext files do? I just want to know so that if I see anything different I'll know it's not a bug or something.

edit
OHMY- Jim, that is AMAZING!

edit2
Wow! Questions, questions.
-Did you play ALL the homes in the hood?
-Did you use a Maxis terrain? Cuz there's no terrain file but it works just fine.
-If I put a sim in college do I have to play them extra?
-Can I add some trees?

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:37 AM
I'm glad you like it. Ever since I figured out how to mod the UI, I've wanted to make something like that for others to enjoy.

To answer your questions:

1. No. Tara Kat and the Kims were put there as extra NPCs. I only played L'Mara, the alien refugee.
2. No, the terrain file should be in there somewhere. I think it's my best yet, despite the fact that it needs a camera mod.
3. Yes, just treat it as another household.
4. Sure, just don't go overboard.
Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 7:31 AM
Appelsapgodin won't be joining us, either.

LOL Kaila - no Goopy this time around?
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 12:52 PM
No. It would be way too weird - especially since I want to reference Illusion Bay in the story. (Like how in Round 3, Avani went on an "expedition" to the bay of Coppervale.)

Aww... We seriously need someone else to join us. I don't want to play with the same people every time - otherwise would be too much like Illusion Bay.

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#13 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:24 PM
Neither do I. I've tried asking around MTS, trying to drum up interest, but no dice.
Scholar
#14 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 1:41 AM
Well, I'll put it in my signature, hopefully someone will want to join.
By the way. I'm done! Feels like it's way too soppy for Round 1, but that's just the way I play (soppy dramas) if you haven't noticed. And I got really attached to Orella + Co. Not gonna bother uploading today, but will try to create a Round 1 post before I fall asleep.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 2:52 AM
I'm still trying to get AGS working - trying to find out if I can install it on another user account as well as the one I normally play on. If the answer's yes, I'm in, if the answer's no probably not. It's going to take me a while to sort it out though, so please keep playing and I'll join later if I can! And hopefully you/we can find a couple more people too :-D
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Nov 2010 at 11:28 PM
I'm done posting! Feel free to read it (duh). I'll package up the hood when I feel like it.

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Nov 2010 at 4:48 PM
Quote:
Oop. Major face-eating here.

Quote:
Goopy: "I went to college!"
Orella: "I DON'T CARE. SHUT UP."

Quote:
Orella: "SHOO FLEE!"
Phil: "Orella, you've only been pregnant for three days - it's impossible that you're having a baby!"
Orella: "We're Sims dammit! We're supposed to be pregnant for three days!"

*Jim has died laughing*
Scholar
#18 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:06 PM
Jim, I did notice that the special files also are used when I play the main game. Could I add a note in the Readme about backing up the files you would overwrite if you want to switch it back to normal?

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#19 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 6:37 PM
Uh... yeah, that would be a good idea. Sorry, I have M&G and didn't think about people only having up to AL.
Scholar
#20 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 4:39 AM
That's fine, I backed the files up for my game, as I back up mostly everything. Just wanted to put that in there.

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 12:29 AM
You know what? I'm just going to download and take another turn, and if anyone else wants to join later we can just leave the game open to newcomers. Better than just letting it sit there.