Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:08 PM
Default Downloads for castaway stories
Can i downland stuff for Sim castaway stories?Can the stuff for Sim s 2 work for Castaway stories too?SO can you have CC in castaway (like hair,clothes)
PS:Sorry if this is the wrong place for asking...

Hi!My name isn't April.I just like the month April.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:23 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=334905

Yes. Create a Downloads folder in your user files for Castaway Stories, and you should be able to use cc hair and clothing and makeup and furniture. It is not recommended that you use major hacks in a Stories game, since the game code for TS2 and the Stories series is different enough to cause trouble for programming mods and -- as far as I know -- no one has recoded any mods specifically for the stories series.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 10:27 PM
thank you so much!!!!

Hi!My name isn't April.I just like the month April.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Mar 2012 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by _-April-_
Can i downland stuff for Sim castaway stories?Can the stuff for Sim s 2 work for Castaway stories too?SO can you have CC in castaway (like hair,clothes)
PS:Sorry if this is the wrong place for asking...

The Conversion From Castaway Stories To The Sims 2 Was A Success.
Even Castaway Stories To The Sims 2 To The Sims 3 Worked.
The Other Way Around? the Sims 2 to Castaway Stories?
True They Might Been Built On The Same Engine, but Some Stuff will not Work.
Say like, if you Extract The Tree With The Swing from Castaway Stories To The Sims 2, it will not Work.
and i believe Castaway Stories is A Few Games That You Have To Edit The Main Files (but Back them up) in Order To mod Them until We Found A Less Messy Way.
You Could Add A Download Folder Just Like The Sims 2, but i highly Doubt it Will Work.
i Never Tried It Yet. But You Could Give it A Shot.
#5 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 2:34 PM
Of course you can have CC for Castaway Stories. Only downloads CC for Sims 2 base game compatible that you think important for the game
I'd installed default skin, eyes, some custom castaway/rugged clothes, to make sims in Castaway a bit more real without looking too cartoony.
For mods, I'm not sure all mods for Sims 2 base game compatible will work on Castaway because different coding on Castaway.
I'd installed light mod system (TS2 Base Game Compatible) to make light system game more real with extra darkness and evening effect, worked for Castaway. It looked very beautiful for natural looking on castaway island

Create "Downloads" folder in Sims Castaway Stories folder in your Drive C. Put CC in "Downloads" folder.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 3:21 AM
You can not use the tops and bottoms for the clothes in Castaways - only the whole outfit is usable.