Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 11:47 PM
Default Castaways Question
HI all

Has anyone had success in getting some form of the moveobjects cheat to work in Castaways or does any one know of any other way of achieving the same function?

I have compleated the Story section and am now in free play. I would like to make some alterations to a Community Lot but find that I am unable to move some objects.

I do have the little yellow NUKE block , which is placed over the stuck object in Build Mode, on a redidential lot that is use. The NUKE block and stuck object dissapear when I go back to Play Mode. So I doubt this will work for community lots as I have not option to go to return to play mode while editing the lot.

So far these are the ways I have entered the cheat

moveobjects on
MoveObjects on
Move_Objects on
move_objects on
moveobjects_on
MoveObjects_on

Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 12:18 AM
Not sure if the cheat works for Castaways (although I have vague memories of using it - but it's been ages since I played - I've used the first one, moveobjects on. No cheats as far as I know have the underscore "_" in them).
Have you tried the sledge hammer tool?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried the sledge hammer tool?

Not sure that's available in CS. As the stories games were built on the TS2 game engines, I'm pretty sure it would be moveobjects on, no underscore, as you say.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:28 AM
This thread makes me wonder, is there some sort of list of cheats/CC which works with Castaway Stories? Because I got the game recently, and was absolutely addicted to it until I completed the story mode and then I realised just how boring it is to play without cheats or CC. All I've heard so far is that some CC like hair and skins works, but most mods are unlikely to.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:35 AM
If you open the cheat console and enter "help" (no quotes), do you get a list of available cheats?
Theorist
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 12:11 PM
Not sure about the help -all cheat in CS, but I found a list of cheats on GameWinners.com. I know the site isn't much, but it does give you cheats that work, and it doesn't give you cheats that don't work.

In the readme file of TSCS:
Quote:
Warning: Not all cheats are stable and can destroy your current game. If you heavily use cheats eventually your saved game can become corrupted and you will have to delete the saved game. The Sims (TM) Castaway Stories is designed for the casual and new player, so try the game without cheats.

(Emphasis mine.)
So I guess it was on their mind to leave out the testingCheatsEnabled, moveObjects, constrainFloorElevation and other cheats. I find that stupid, because since I finished my game, and say, I want my Sims to live in a luxurious house, I'm forced to build it on an already unleveled lot; without cheats. Not talking about my habit of dragging my Sims' motives up/down, since in TS2 I have testingCheatsEnabled in my userstartup.cheat file.

Also, another trick you can get away with when trying to delete stuck objects: if the object is connected to a wall (like that toilet from the Village Residence), try deleting the wall, the toilet will go with it. But if it's not connected to a wall, try using the Batbox to nuke the object (although I'm not sure if Batbox has that option - been mixing Batbox and AwesomeMod quite a lot recently).
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Not sure that's available in CS. As the stories games were built on the TS2 game engines, I'm pretty sure it would be moveobjects on, no underscore, as you say.

IIRC, CS is equivalent to, but not newer than, Bon Voyage. And Sledgehammer is from Pets, so there should be sledgehammer. Doesn't entering "help" in the cheat list all the cheats? I don't remember though. Most of CS cheats don't have much impact or useless anyway.

I managed to enable the testingcheats in CS when I played it though. I used it only once, and I used the allmenus cheat. Interestingly, it actually lists all interactions from TS2 Base Game to Seasons! I tried several interactions that are not supposed to be in this game, like planning the business outfit (I didn't have the screenshot at the time, but it lacks the UI, making the screen look mostly black all over), and summon wolves a la werewolf. The wolf actually came, and it can learn behavior like dogs in TS2P!

I didn't do much, actually. Too afraid to screw up my game. I don't know if I have, but oh well.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:07 PM
There is alot of mods that work even the Sim Blender works in story mode, but not all the stuff in the Blender should be use untill the story is over.
Just make sure you try up to the ones for Seasons/Bon Voyage for mods.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:57 PM
I also don't know if this is true for CS, but you can find most cheats that work with any particular EP listed in the readme that comes with the game installation (you'll find a link to it in the start menu).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#10 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I also don't know if this is true for CS, but you can find most cheats that work with any particular EP listed in the readme that comes with the game installation (you'll find a link to it in the start menu).

Uh... yea... no...

They only list kaching, motherlode and other BASIC SURVIVAL cheats. No other. Thus, they note that the game doesn't have much cheats.
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 3:11 AM Last edited by VioletKitty411 : 5th Oct 2013 at 3:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Not sure about the help -all cheat in CS, but I found a list of cheats on GameWinners.com. I know the site isn't much, but it does give you cheats that work, and it doesn't give you cheats that don't work.

In the readme file of TSCS:

(Emphasis mine.)
So I guess it was on their mind to leave out the testingCheatsEnabled, moveObjects, constrainFloorElevation and other cheats. I find that stupid, because since I finished my game, and say, I want my Sims to live in a luxurious house, I'm forced to build it on an already unleveled lot; without cheats. Not talking about my habit of dragging my Sims' motives up/down, since in TS2 I have testingCheatsEnabled in my userstartup.cheat file.

Also, another trick you can get away with when trying to delete stuck objects: if the object is connected to a wall (like that toilet from the Village Residence), try deleting the wall, the toilet will go with it. But if it's not connected to a wall, try using the Batbox to nuke the object (although I'm not sure if Batbox has that option - been mixing Batbox and AwesomeMod quite a lot recently).

THANK YOU SO MUCH! It didn't even occur to me to knock out the wall. It is my toilets that are glitched. Mother and son were each on the toilet when the rainwater system decided to crap out. No problem, that's happened to me before, so I just replaced the tower. You don't even lose any money. It was funny seeing them walk around with pixelated nether regions, but then no one could use the toilet and I couldn't delete either of them.

I'm playing this family as a Legacy family so I didn't want to evict them if I could help it. Likewise, I play my full game with testingCheatsEnabled in the start up file. I don't even use it much, but it's handy to have running.

EDIT: Never mind. It didn't work. I couldn't delete the walls that the toilets are attached to because the game thinks they are in use
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Oct 2013 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
Uh... yea... no...

They only list kaching, motherlode and other BASIC SURVIVAL cheats. No other. Thus, they note that the game doesn't have much cheats.

Actually "boolprop snapobjectstogrid true/false" works as well as "boolprop allow45degreeangleofrotation true/false." I use those a lot when furnishing homes. In fact, I have the rotation in my start up cheat file, along with something that mutes that darn TV. I also have increasing the max visitors, but I made the start up before I had all the EP's so I still can only get a couple sims to a party.