Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ParasiteX

4. Vampire Default Replacment

The vampire skin works a bit differently from normal skintones and is basicly a full body make up that gets placed over your sims default skin.
The Vampire default textures are also transparent so that they mix in with the base skin. It is possible to have the vampire skins non-transparant as well if one does not want it to blend with the base skin.
It is important to set the Format to DXT3 or DXT5 if you are gonna import a transparent texture. (DXT1 does not support transparent textures)

Does this go for werewolves too? I'm anything but bright when it comes to this sort of thing. In fact, I'm compleatly useless but I'm gonna give this a shot.....here's hoping I don't ruin things. :P

"We'll creep together you and I, for I know where all the small friends are..."-Ramona A. Stone(David Bowie)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 4:50 AM
Thank you for this! If I can use it, anyone can. Trust me, I can barely crop a picture in the GIMP.

I basically just like to play uglacies.
Test Subject
#53 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 6:29 PM
<3 Love you! I just successfully made a set of Enayla's Pixie skins as defaults, as I love her skins.

I feel awesome that I can do this now! ^___^
Scholar
#54 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 12:53 AM Last edited by Engram : 10th Jan 2008 at 5:34 AM.
Thanks for a great tutorial and for supplying the templates. They're great.

I'm trying to convert Anva's Alien Skintone http://dlmulsowssim-antics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2471 into an alien default. The problem I am having is that the S5 default template uses the adult male and female hair for elder male and female hair (the bald). I don't know why this is and how it happens because I don't know the inner workings of how these templates do their thing. But even though I build the correct textures into the correct texters and then check and double check that I have the correct textures, when I go to test the result I still end up with elder females with bright pink heads and elder males with bright blue heads even though they should be a washed out pink and washed out purple respectively.

Is there any way to fix this?

Edit: Just to give you an idea of what the problem looks like:

On the left is what it should look like, on the right is what the default replacement looks like.
Test Subject
#55 Old 1st Feb 2008 at 5:44 PM
Thank you for an excellent tutorial!
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 8:31 AM Last edited by Fimbulwinter : 17th Feb 2008 at 7:01 AM.
Default I don't get it
ok, it took me a while, I didn't know I was supposed to put it into the downloads folder But i figured it out.. Thanks, I was in desperate need of a tutorial like this!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 27th Feb 2008 at 1:41 AM Last edited by NeyaQueenofBacon : 27th Feb 2008 at 3:16 AM.
Okay I can make default skins for every just about everything except for one skin. The werewolf skin. This skin doesn't seem to be included in the templates download. Is there anyway for me to find the skin with SimPE? Please keep the explanation simple, I am slow when it comes to SimPE.

EDIT: Nvm I found the skin but I'd like to recolor the hair. Now I need to find the hair.

Wish ants would stop dying in my computer screen.
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 5:58 PM Last edited by dragancaor : 12th Mar 2008 at 6:05 PM. Reason: click enough spots & eventually i find it...
Thanks for the tutorial, it makes great sense, except I was wondering why theres no Teen female face in the defaults? looking at the BMPs of the maxis skins, there's definitely a difference between the two faces... was it an accidental omission?

edit: because the AF face is the same as the TF face. [feels like a right fool now]
Test Subject
#59 Old 29th May 2008 at 10:28 PM
plz someone help me, i downloaded default skin tones and it wrecked my game. All the sims with the origional maxis skin tones have strange patterned skin, and numbers where their hair should be:S:S plz help! i deleted the file but it didn't work, also i cnt remember wht skin tones it was someone help i need a clever person:D:D:D:D
Field Researcher
#60 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 6:04 PM
I would like to give the aliens a new skin but I am still stuck on Step 2. Select “Create Parts”->”Start New Project”->”Create Genetics”

Where is the Create Parts button? I have been all over Sim PE but I don't see it.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anebrd
I would like to give the aliens a new skin but I am still stuck on Step 2. Select “Create Parts”->”Start New Project”->”Create Genetics”

Where is the Create Parts button? I have been all over Sim PE but I don't see it.

Those steps are done in Bodyshop, not SimPE.

Sorry, no more requests for the preg teens.
Test Subject
#62 Old 8th Jul 2008 at 5:21 AM
Thank you for this tutorial. Works great. For those of you concerned about file size using this method, you can always run your new defaults through the compressorizer when you're finished making them. It compressed mine from around 30 megabytes to 8.
Test Subject
#63 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 8:20 AM
Thanks so much for making this tutorial. At first, I didn't want to try making my own defaults because I thought it would be hard to do but with this tutorial, it was super easy. Now I can make my own defaults whenever instead of searching the internet for default versions of skin tones that I like.
Test Subject
#64 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 6:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
P is toddler. >.> <.< Yeah, I dunno what they were thinking with that one.

P probably stands for "preschool(er)".
Test Subject
#65 Old 19th Oct 2008 at 4:49 AM
I'm sure I did all of the steps correctly so far as coping templates, but the new skin isn't showing up :P Is the file I downloaded, s1_Light_Default, suppose to go into my Downloads folder?

Quote:
P probably stands for "preschool(er)"

That's creative :D I never really thought about that, I just thought they picked a random letter because T is taken for Teenager
Test Subject
#66 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 8:36 PM
Heyas

How do I open the default file I plan to replace? I have Apartment Life and the relevant SimPE, and I have completed steop 1 and 2. I am also a complete novice.

Help, please?
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 16th Jan 2009 at 9:21 PM
Awesome! I have some great skins but they aren't defaults... yet.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 16th May 2009 at 6:43 PM Last edited by Alisha161 : 1st Jun 2009 at 7:43 PM.
So how can You do Default Mannequin skin?
EDIT: Oh c'mon, just tell me, please...
Instructor
#69 Old 20th May 2009 at 7:26 PM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Your tutorial worked perfectly and now my neighborhoods are filled with realistic looking people. I replaced all four human skintones and I am so pleased with the results!

goderguy
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 6:35 PM Last edited by Alisha161 : 19th Jun 2009 at 8:20 PM.
And where the heck is template of Mannequin skin?!
People say there's no Werewolf skin... no one cares about rare and not much known race of Mannequins!
Can someone finally notice me?
Can any Moderator or Administrator or whoever help me or... they just want one of BodyShops skin replacement for Mannequin skin?
EDIT: THAT'S ENOUGH! I'M CREATING SEPERATE THREAD!!!
Test Subject
#71 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM
Help!!!
I followed the steps, etc...
And the default i wanted for vampire skin has worked, except the face is still that horrible bluish colour!!!!
can anyone help me???

i still cant believe how easy this was to do!!!!
Test Subject
#72 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 4:48 PM Last edited by lestyboss : 1st Jul 2010 at 9:34 PM. Reason: Solution Found
Default Save Error; Access to Path... Denied
After posting this to the SimPE site, Ive decide to ask here as well, since I dont know if this is a Sim PE issue or a Sims Modding Issue.

Ive created skins for the Alien and the Zombie and am trying to replace them as the games default.I followed the tutorial, but I find that it does say "open the file to replace" but doesn't say which directory to open it from, (location of where Maxis default skins are usually located would be quite helpful) whether from the the base game- or the game currently running- or the game in which the skin originated from ie. zombies from UNI, etc., or which package it can be found in - Sims 07, Sims 06, etc, or even whether it is in Res/- config- etc, or Sims 3D etc, or if its even a package file at all. So after a few days of opening each and every file possible, from my documents to my programs using the Sim PE, this is the path that I have found that A: the skin is in it, and B: its a TXTR image, and C: it lets me right click and change it.

However, after replacing and building the DXT for them, I click to save and I get this Error:

Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\EAGAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\Base\TS Data\Res\Sims3D\Sims07.package' is denied.

same error but different path for the other skin

After clicking details, the link just dissappears and doesnt give me any other details. I have repeated this 3 times, checked all settings I could think of to check, tried again and failed again. It could be Im trying to change the wrong file. I have changed my alien default skin before, but not the Zombie. I used a different method in which to do that tho, I used the folder scanner method, and it worked fine. But when I tried to repeat the same process with the new zombie skin, (alien to alien default, and zombie to zombie default) it broke sims hair, had mismatched heads, paper hats with letters and red lines, and all my aliens were alien faced/zombies skin. This is what they are atm, I am completely stumped as to what went wrong or how to correct it. Can you help me?

I did notice also that when I did try to save using the folder scanner method for each, they had the same buface_bald1 whatever file name, not sure if thats why you get the broken stuff when trying to add more defaults or not, or whether it even has relevancy to the problem, just trying to give as much specifics to the problem as I can.

Thanx

You cant make Sims like mine unless you are as dumb as I am

SOLUTION: Tutorial should read;
3. Importing textures into Default Replacement Template.

Step 1a. Download the attached templates into your downloads folder as those are the templates you will be replacing!!

Some of dummies will follow instructions TOO closely evidently, so unless it says to use the following tools we (as in me) may skip that step (oops)

Might also mention that any templates you dont wish to change should probably be removed or else ya get black and blue sims for those.

Thanx for the turorial, much appreciated.
Test Subject
#73 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:35 AM
Thank you so much! This helped a LOT
Test Subject
#74 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:49 AM
Default i need help becuase i am new here
hi am maddie and i was wondering if u could help me
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by carobot
Thank you for this tutorial. Works great. For those of you concerned about file size using this method, you can always run your new defaults through the compressorizer when you're finished making them. It compressed mine from around 30 megabytes to 8.

how do you do this? where is this compressorizer?
will a 30mb file have any negative effects in game?
why do the skins i take the images from only have 1.3mb? Oo
Page 3 of 4