Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 12:19 AM
Um...I'm TOTALLY New
Those of you might know me as abattista42440 from the Sims2.com, but I'm completely new to the boards. I have no idea where I am or what I am doing, so any of you nice members want to help me out?

Will any one explain the following questions?

-what are the rules?
-are there any 'unwritten rules' that I should be aware of before posting again?
-are any of the features of the boards here like the Sims 2.com?

Any body else that would like to add anything, feel free to do so! This is so confusing!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 12:34 AM
Welcome to MTS2.

http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63 <-- site rules. At the top there is a link to the Creator Guidelines if you have creations to post. I don't think we really have much in the way of unwritten rules... if you read the posting guidelines linked there that's pretty much everything. Just be nice and courteous and you'll do fine.

We're really not much like the official site at all - much, much better, with much less, well, misinformation and craziness. This site is mainly for creation help (we have tons of tutorials as well as forums for help on things) as well as game help (when things go wrong) and an extensive downloads section - much better quality than the official site, and, well, posted properly (we don't let people just go and steal content willy-nilly like they do).

If you're looking for more social type chatter see our sister site, sims2community.com - there's finds there, news, and forums where you can talk about the game and gameplay type stuff, as well as a lot of off-topic things too.

And you'll probably want to check out sims2wiki.info (also affiliated with MTS2 - it's our wiki) - where we have gameplay guides, game help FAQs, tutorial links, and all manner of other fun stuffs.

I'm sure you'll do just fine here - you type like you have several brain cells... makes me wonder how you survived on the official site so long though.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 12:35 AM
Thank you! Do you have any 'beneficial' button that I can give to you?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Jan 2008 at 12:47 AM
*chuckles* No, we don't do benes here. If you -really- felt like it you could go look at some of my downloads and click "Thanks" but that's not necessary. You're welcome, and enjoy your stay.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.