Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#426 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 10:44 PM
Default Box Abode
The Box Abode (imaginative eh?) is a home suitable for a single Sim or young couple who like the clean lines of modern design. Modern doesn't always mean cold and harsh though as this home shows with its warm orange and yellow colour scheme which runs throughout.

Street View

Level Shots

Kitchen

Living Room

Bedroom

Bonus Shots

Bathroom- (I couldn't get a decent shot with walls up but wanted to show it off)

Roof Garden at Night

Garden

One item of custom content used;
Ventana Del Alma Short Window by HugeLunatic

This is one of the best landscaped lots I think I have ever created.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#427 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 10:56 PM
What is that bathroom wall, I love it!
The other one
#428 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jillrp
[CENTER]2 pieces of custom content:
curtain
half-wall

Must have it! Can ask where you got it from?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Lab Assistant
#429 Old 27th Jul 2010 at 11:58 PM
Since I had too many pictures I had to delete one, I decided to remove the last one and replace the living room with a more (un)lively atmosphere.

P.s. don't you just LOVE the expression on her face? :lovestruc
Top Secret Researcher
#430 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM
"Sims killed: 2", haha great. That sim looks put out
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#431 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:23 AM
menaceman44. I like the spaciousness of your home and the interesting walls and furnishings. :0) The yard is a bit bare for my jungley tastes but a jungle isn't what your place is about. :0)

I would make one.. no two... recommendations for your lot, I think it would improve the playability and make it more realistic. You have a very large area upstairs. I'd find a section and install an upstairs master bath because you know that morning sickness will make your sims go running. ;0) And I'm make some kind of shade for the back patio - There is no shade and the lot needs at least something for shade or that your sims can duck under if it decides to rain on their party. ;0)

oh! and 3 suggestions.. Maybe some water lillies or plants for your pond. The yard is very geometric and your tree planters are straight lines, yet the pond is soft edged. It needs something to transition the lines from hard to soft. I think there either needs to be some kind of straight edge to your pond if you want to keep it stark and geometric or use plants to soften the edges and give a counter balance to the straight lines. You can also place a short fence to contain the pond and use water terrain to color the edges that won't sink down. These are just ideas of course. :0) You know what you are going for and I can overdecorate. I am not a minimalist architect. lol

I like the look from the back patio and the colors are nice and inviting. :0)
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#432 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:30 AM
jillrp! I'd really LOVe to move in that house right now! lol. It's HOT HOT HOT here and I'd like a house where the air moves right on through it! Cute idea! and so nice in summer! ........I may think differently if there was a blizzard outside right now.;0) lol
Instructor
#433 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 2:03 AM
Wishing I was a judge, but I just wanted to add a quick goodluck to y'all

Fyendiar: spookylicious! The lot is very appealing. Love the dark/sepia tone look to the pics, highly atmospheric

JillRP: lovely fresh interiors, really breezy and summery - delightful

Menaceman: nice landscaping, your entry has a 70's modern look to it - it's warm oranges, mustard yellows, love the bathroom!

KaylaRox:stately house, the main bedroom and the lounge, the colours and furnishings work really well

Mr Moo: Great interiors - rich colours and furnishings really suit this stately house I esp love the kitchen, looks very classy.

Nightlight:Conceptual art indeedy, not sure about that scarecrow next to my bed at night, but otherwise, it's innovative lot with a very original idea behind it

Gail.wyness: it's an original concept and you've done a great job creating individual apartments, the landscaping is really pretty

SukuBaka:Modern and sleek, I like the blue trim you've used, it sets off the interiors

MissRoxor: love your entry to bits!

kwuz: Relaxing theme, and the shade of jade works well with the pretty water features you've used

Porkypine: a beautiful, unique lot, I especially love the giant chess board in the beautiful gardens, well done, love this theme

Twilightsimgirl:the furnishings could be better spaced throughout the house however, the lemonade stand at the front is very cute

schitzwa:beautiful and original concept to have the outdoors come indoors with the sunflowers inside. Nice, well-matched colour combos and furnishings too

LewisB40: Great theme, the craftsman style is not familiar to me so it's nice to see it done so tastefully. The well-matched colours and furnishings are nicely done and give the house a homey feel I love that archway through to the kitchen, it looks great!

Winterhart: Nice to see a medieval/castle theme employed for this challenge. I like the colours you've used in the kitchen and the way you've used the statues at the front of the house - the knights and the gargoyles

Feldynn: another favourite and fabulous lot - I love these theme and you have pulled it off incredibly convincingly, I feel like I am there. I especially love some the pics with the clothes line hanging across the stairs, looks authentic, well done

Sulyuki:a good solid log cabin home, I like how you've created those planters at the front , the child's room is very nicely done in regards to the colours/furnishings. I love those big trees in the yard, they add to the log cabin feel of your lot

Seraphime:another unique themed lot. You've done a good job making the house look as musty and dilapidated as you've described in your story The interiors shots look fantastic, and I love that winding pathway through the weed infested garden

Lifeslover: a bright and happy looking lot, I am not sure that the exterior walls say Victorian to me but you've done some nice interiors in particular the blue kitchen, it's very inviting, light and pretty.

lamammaforever:Wowow! Wonderful! I feel like I've been transported to an exotic middle eastern location. The exteriors are spot on, the gardens and pool are stunning and the interiors are beautifully done, extravagant and within the theme you've chosen. Another fav entry Could write heaps more, but have to wait until you upload it here

Sookielee: a great A-frame house, beautifully done interiors with that blue theme colour and furnishings. I am loving that kitchen muchly so! The landscaping is spot on - it's forest tranquility

Flabaliki
: Another contest entry fav: such a pretty house, the exterior is so inviting and warm, I love the sunny sunflowers against the green siding. The landing upstairs looks incredible and the I like how you have two lounge rooms (the separate one for tv). The furnishings and colour combinations work really well and add to the coziness of this lot, it really feels homely and familiar, well done

Cloudburst: As a modern entry, this is one of the best yet, every element just pulls my eyes in. The textures, the colours, the furnishings, the incredibly beautiful landscaping Well done, another top entry!

Okay, better stop now before ya boot me out lol, will check out the other entries a bit later

Check the Sims 3 EA Freebies List for some awesome freebie downloads!
Forum Resident
#434 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 2:55 AM
Awwww your so kind No one will boot you out, we love you here joining in our fun, triumphs and struggles lol.
#435 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 3:10 AM
Hi all Just letting you know officially that I'm out of the contest - Some stuff has come up in my personal life and I have the mental energy and the attention span of a goldfish at the moment - so me and 'competing' are currently a bad mix.

Also just wanted to say good luck to everyone and keep up the amazing work!
#436 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
Awwww your so kind No one will boot you out, we love you here joining in our fun, triumphs and struggles lol.

I agree, no one will throw her out - if they do we can protest outside City Hall
Lab Assistant
#437 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Must have it! Can ask where you got it from?

simcontrol (in spanish but easy enough to translate)

here's the link to the set it's in: Newport

you have to register first though. hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
#438 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
jillrp! I'd really LOVe to move in that house right now! lol. It's HOT HOT HOT here and I'd like a house where the air moves right on through it! Cute idea! and so nice in summer! ........I may think differently if there was a blizzard outside right now.;0) lol

Haha thanks! Yeah, that would TOTALLY be my dream house too but unfortunately we get lots and lots of snow up in NW Indiana

Once I get my degree, I'm moving to Arizona and taking this house plan with me!!
Forum Resident
#439 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ninotchka
Lifeslover: a bright and happy looking lot, I am not sure that the exterior walls say Victorian to me but you've done some nice interiors in particular the blue kitchen, it's very inviting, light and pretty.

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my entry and for the feedback. You are not the first to comment on my exterior wall choice so I have had thoughts of changing it, but, unfortunately, nothing looks quite as good so I'll be keeping it as is. Thank you for the comments on the kitchen, it's my favorite part of the house.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Forum Resident
#440 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Hi all Just letting you know officially that I'm out of the contest - Some stuff has come up in my personal life and I have the mental energy and the attention span of a goldfish at the moment - so me and 'competing' are currently a bad mix.

Awwww I hope all is better soon. So sad to see 2 awsome competiters leave, but it has been awsome seeing your designs
Forum Resident
#441 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 6:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Twilightsimgirl123
Winterburst - PLEASE!!!!! UPLOAD!!! HOUSE!!!! I must have that castle !
I'll only upload it if you get my name right. It's full of EA Store stuff. After this round is over and I get the judges comments I will upload it. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#442 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Twilightsimgirl123
Winterburst - PLEASE!!!!! UPLOAD!!! HOUSE!!!! I must have that castle !

LOL I don't think you're gonna persuade her to upload the house if you call her Winterburst when her real screen name is Winterhart!

Edit: Oh no, looks like the real person has caught the misspell as well!
Top Secret Researcher
#443 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89

Nooo Hope you get whatever it is sorted!
Inventor
#444 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 3:18 PM
crap what page is yours on or do you remember? lol

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Inventor
#445 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 3:35 PM
It's on page 10.

The other one
#446 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 4:34 PM
Somebody (sorry, I don't remember who) on the chat thread had the great idea of linking your entries in your sig block. It makes it a lot easier for people to look back at your entry instead of going through the pages or waiting for the images to load so you can scroll down to the right one (or is that just my pc?). Of course, it's up to you but I think it would be awesome if everyone did it :D

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Inventor
#447 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 4:45 PM
Spiffy idea. I went ahead and did just that.

Lab Assistant
#448 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:36 PM
I'm assuming that tomorrow being the next "cut-off" day, the new foundation will be posted in like... 20 hours? I'm excited. Hopefully I can make something a bit more... interesting. My homes have been a bit basic, so I'm trying something new next time! =)

Currently not able to take requests at this time... sorry!
Test Subject
#449 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:38 PM
Mirabel's Tea Party.

Mirabel is just a little childish and has decided that she wants to live the life of a princess. So, she purchased a lot in Sunset Valley and got to work, using her favorite colors: light pink and light green. This is the end result.

The view from the street shows off the many large windows Mirabel had installed so that she could make the most of the light outside and not have to use so many lamps indoors.

This is the top floor. On the right, in the room with the staircase, she put in her own master bedroom. On the left is her daughter's room. Both rooms have access to the upper level porches.

The lower level has a kitchen, living room, and bathroom. Plus, it has a space for Mirabel to write books while watching the front door and her daughter, Marigold, play in the living room.

Kitchen, with room for dining!

The living room, which has a doll house for Marigold and a comfy couch for reading.

Master bedroom.

Marigold's bedroom.

Downstairs bathroom.

Outside area for playtime!
Inventor
#450 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Somebody (sorry, I don't remember who) on the chat thread had the great idea of linking your entries in your sig block.
I asked for that in the chat thread because it has started taking me ages to go through all the pages - also, posting a page number doesn't work since you can change the "number of posts shown per page" in your MTS options (mine is set to 100).

Can't keep up with all new posts due to RL, however, I went through all new pictures and I just love them all. It's amazing how creative your entries are.

Looking forward to the new foundation and what you all will create next. This is SO exciting!

Page 18 of 20