Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#8501 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 11:43 AM
I know that these conflicts are intentional and nothing to worry about.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Function - Init
Group ID: 0x7F2B2E3A
Instance ID: 0x00001000
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Lord Darcy\LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot_Armoire-SlotOverlap.package
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Lord Darcy\LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL.package

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Function - Init
Group ID: 0x7F59F566
Instance ID: 0x00001000
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Lord Darcy\LdDarcy_MaxisMoreDecoSlot_Armoire-SlotOverlap.package
\downloads\Hacks Finished\Lord Darcy\LdDarcy_SPObjectsFix_Downloads_AL.package
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#8502 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 7:55 PM
I have so many AWESOME pictures I want to share but I can't share them because they're also part of a "story" that I want to share here but it takes so much time and effort to do it. >.< The dilemma.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#8503 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 8:34 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 17th Sep 2019 at 10:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I know that these conflicts are intentional and nothing to worry about.
[snip]

You're using a different version of Lord Darcy's SP Object's fix...is that the problem? I got the updated one that was specifically supposed to make the IKEA TV work with the CEP.

Unrelated random thought:
In Tropico 4, El Presidente has 5 ministers who help govern: Minister of the Economy, Minister of Education, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of the Interior, and Minister of Defense. In Crusader Kings II, a ruler has 5 councilors who help govern: Chancellor (Diplomacy), Marshal (Military), Steward (Economy), Spymaster (Intrigue), and Court Chaplain (Learning). In Sims 2, the Mayor also has 5 other government officials to help out: City Planner, Education Minister, General, The Law, and Head of SCIA. I just thought that was interesting when I noticed it!
Forum Resident
#8504 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I would uninstall the Ikea stuff pack and reinstall it again - (of course I don't know if you have tried that yet) - simply because something might have gone wrong somewhere during the initial installation.
I don't know what the answer is, but I would try that first.

Honestly, that stuff pack seems like the single most problematic thing about the game to me. When I first installed the UC for some reason it didn't install that pack's data correctly, and when I installed that specific pack manually by itself, it bugged all the OFB clothes. I have no idea why it's happening, but I also don't see anyone complain, so it might just be my personal social problem...
Forum Resident
#8505 Old 17th Sep 2019 at 10:55 PM
I’ve discovered I like Maxis own hair and default replacements have
Uhm
Idk
I like default replacements but I also like the original hair
I think for a period i’ll Play without the defaults simply to get a feel of old again

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#8506 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
You're using a different version of Lord Darcy's SP Object's fix...is that the problem? I got the updated one that was specifically supposed to make the IKEA TV work with the CEP.

Never knew that there was an updated one. I haven't had any problems with the one I'm using, but tbh I haven't really used that TV either. Let me take a look at it in game.
Mad Poster
#8507 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 1:34 PM
For some time now I've been troubled by the fact that I have three large hoods. It means I don't get to play each family often enough. So, I thunked and thunked. Yeah, it hurt. But....I finally have figured out a way to combine the stories from the hoods so I can combine them! Yes, I will have to recreate the people from the other hoods, but I can do that a bit at a time. So, now I will just have one hood with three very different kinds of people. Naturally, this means there will be a strong class system, but I'm excited to get started.

Story line-wise, this means that the war is over between Elsewhere and Downton. The spaceship hood has begun to evacuate it's people to the Planet of the Pixels, and the groups are beginning the hard task of learning to live together. The newly combined country will have a new name, which I haven't thought of yet. To ensure the undesirables don't mingle with the "betters", there will be strict borders and each caste will stick to their own. (can't do anything about walkbys, but I'll handwave that).

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#8508 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 2:40 PM

Okay, my TV works fine and shows up in the catalogue. What was the new hack supposed to fix?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#8509 Old 18th Sep 2019 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Okay, my TV works fine and shows up in the catalogue.

Thanks so much for checking that. I swapped the new HL version for the old LD version and everything is still just as broken in my catalog. I suppose that rules out the hack conflict as the cause, and since I've already ruled out my antivirus I suppose the only option left is that the SP simply did not install correctly.

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice and help. I really appreciate it. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#8510 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 12:42 AM Last edited by smorbie1 : 19th Sep 2019 at 3:37 AM.
Story line-wise, this means that the war is over between Elsewhere and Downton. The spaceship hood has begun to evacuate its people to the Planet of the Pixels, and the groups are beginning the hard task of learning to live together. The newly combined country will have a new name, which I haven't thought of yet. To ensure the undesirables don't mingle with the "betters", there will be strict borders and each caste will stick to their own. (can't do anything about walkbys, but I'll handwave that).[/QUOTE]

To the person who disagreed, can you give me your thoughts about it? I'm looking for feedback. Thanks :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#8511 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 1:21 AM
I know other people like them and that's fine, but I can't bring myself to use custom eyes, hair, etc. To me, they look all dolled up and out of place in the Sims world. But I know there's a few townies with... unfortunate faces.
Mad Poster
#8512 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I know other people like them and that's fine, but I can't bring myself to use custom eyes, hair, etc. To me, they look all dolled up and out of place in the Sims world.

I find Maxis Match stuff works rather well. For me anyway.
Instructor
#8513 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 3:11 AM
I don't like custom hair colors or skintones other than ones (skintones) that work with the existing system of not being automatically dominant and for skintones being on the scale. I have ones that work within the system as skins 0, 2.5 and 3.5. I also HATE Barbie skins (and always delete them.) Or did. I only download sims from adult sites usually or if they use EAxis skins. I also wish they would have had tattoos as separate rather than skintones. Tattoos and hairstyles shouldn't be inherited.
Mad Poster
#8514 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 4:10 AM
You know EAxis skintones are in fact Barbie, right?

I 100% agree about the tattoos which is why I don't bother with them. I have some face makeup I can pretend are tattoos tho. But I've also seen tattoos as overlays that use the same system as tans/burns as I understand it. Never really looked very far into it as it seemed more trouble that it was worth, but it might be something you'd like.
Theorist
#8515 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 12:53 PM
I know other people like them and that's fine, but I can't bring myself to use custom eyes, hair, etc. To me, they look all dolled up and out of place in the Sims world.

Oh I'm the same I only use maxis-match stuff that looks like it could have been in the game in the first place.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#8516 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 1:40 PM
I'm the opposite! I rarely use maxis stuff. There are incredibly talented creators out there who make (quite literally) ART for sims 2. I used no downloads between 2004-08 and after that it was like a whole new game, everything is so pretty. ^^

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#8517 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 2:41 PM
Thanks so much for checking that. I swapped the new HL version for the old LD version and everything is still just as broken in my catalog. I suppose that rules out the hack conflict as the cause, and since I've already ruled out my antivirus I suppose the only option left is that the SP simply did not install correctly.

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice and help. I really appreciate it. :lovestruc

If you're on UC then you could try repairing it.
Theorist
#8518 Old 20th Sep 2019 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MattGo74
I also wish they would have had tattoos as separate rather than skintones. Tattoos and hairstyles shouldn't be inherited.

Tattoo overlays https://deedee-sims.tumblr.com/tagged/dl%20tattoos (be sure and check out the entire page), and some at http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...35972#msg435972.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8519 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 12:47 AM
I know other people like them and that's fine, but I can't bring myself to use custom eyes, hair, etc. To me, they look all dolled up and out of place in the Sims world. But I know there's a few townies with... unfortunate faces.
I don't use custom eyes, as I feel very uncomfortable looking at anybody's eyes -- even a Sim's. I feel I'm staring at them and I just have to look away. In our Western culture people probably think I look shifty and dishonest, as you're supposed to look people straight in the eye, but I cant help it -- that's the way I am.

But CC hair is a different matter altogether -- I don't think I could play without it. It's how I tell my Sims apart. I'm not good at facial recognition, so I try to give all my Sims different hairstyles so I can recognise them. I've nothing against maxis hair, but there are only a few styles that I like. I like my males to have hair about the length of Andrew's (he's the teen in my avatar). Now, at least with my combination of EPs, there are only about two Maxis hairs around that length -- the one Andrew has and the one Mercutio Monty has. In my very early game of course I used these -- in fact I gave Gloria's boyfriend Garry the same hair as Andrew without noticing they were the same. (Fortunately Garry has black hair while Andrew is blond, like his mother, so at least Gloria won't get her son and her boyfriend mixed up!) Obviously I needed more. I already knew about CC clothes, so it didn't take me long to discover that there was CC hair available too. Today I have lots of CC male hair around that length. It's from MTS, Raon, XM Sims, Peggy, Newsea and others. It's in a wide variety of what you might call yaoi and emo styles. I don't really care if my hairs are Maxis, Maxis match, or so-called "realistic", as long as my Sims look good and I can tell them apart. (Anyway who says Maxis hair is unrealistic? I'm sure I can find real boys with hair like Andrew's.)

I had a similar problem with female hair. I actually like my females with similar hair to Andrew's, or possibly a little longer. When I made my third family, the Moltkes, I inadvertently gave Brigitte Moltke (Julian's little sister) exactly the same hair as Andrew's mum Gloria. (They're both blond.) This didn't matter too much as long as Brigitte is a child, but she'll soon age up to a teen. Once she does, I'll try to get her an appointment with a hairdresser to change her hairstyle, so I don't get her mixed up with Gloria.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8520 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
But CC hair is a different matter altogether -- I don't think I could play without it. It's how I tell my Sims apart. I'm not good at facial recognition, so I try to give all my Sims different hairstyles so I can recognise them. I've nothing against maxis hair, but there are only a few styles that I like. I like my males to have hair about the length of Andrew's (he's the teen in my avatar). Now, at least with my combination of EPs, there are only about two Maxis hairs around that length -- the one Andrew has and the one Mercutio Monty has. In my very early game of course I used these -- in fact I gave Gloria's boyfriend Garry the same hair as Andrew without noticing they were the same. (Fortunately Garry has black hair while Andrew is blond, like his mother, so at least Gloria won't get her son and her boyfriend mixed up!) Obviously I needed more. I already knew about CC clothes, so it didn't take me long to discover that there was CC hair available too. Today I have lots of CC male hair around that length. It's from MTS, Raon, XM Sims, Peggy, Newsea and others. It's in a wide variety of what you might call yaoi and emo styles. I don't really care if my hairs are Maxis, Maxis match, or so-called "realistic", as long as my Sims look good and I can tell them apart. (Anyway who says Maxis hair is unrealistic? I'm sure I can find real boys with hair like Andrew's.)

I had a similar problem with female hair. I actually like my females with similar hair to Andrew's, or possibly a little longer. When I made my third family, the Moltkes, I inadvertently gave Brigitte Moltke (Julian's little sister) exactly the same hair as Andrew's mum Gloria. (They're both blond.) This didn't matter too much as long as Brigitte is a child, but she'll soon age up to a teen. Once she does, I'll try to get her an appointment with a hairdresser to change her hairstyle, so I don't get her mixed up with Gloria.

Out of curiousity, how long is your longest male hair? I have way too many shoulder length or longer male hairs (my longest is butt length). I like long hair on guys too much. XD
Mad Poster
#8521 Old 21st Sep 2019 at 12:42 PM
Realistic hair?
You mean we all go around in shiny pooklet hair in real life?

I just download hairs I like. At least, maxi match hair and some creators save me the time to have to delete 100 recolors I was never going to use.
Mad Poster
#8522 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 1:53 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 22nd Sep 2019 at 2:11 AM.
I loaded up my game just now and discovered I'd somehow caused a hood reset. Not sure what I could have done tbh. It's a very new hood (very new install) and I kept expecting that adding subhoods would cause resets but so far none did. I have installed and uninstalled (quite) a few mods, but none that warned of a hood reset, so I'm just slightly perturbed wondering what could have caused it. Not because it had any negative consequences (only hood I've played at all is a test hood) but because I'd like to avoid doing it once I start playing for real.

Unrelated random thought: the "show friends and families" button on lots in hood view is so incredibly useless. One of those things that someone clearly added long before anyone considered subhoods, but also "friends and family"? Really? As just one category? When Popularity sims insist on being friends with the entire neighborhood? Popularity sims existed at launch. The feature was already pointless then.
Top Secret Researcher
#8523 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 3:04 AM
...The what button?!

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#8524 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 3:15 AM
I love that button. Study the household in hood view, StrangeTownChick, you'll find it. It sends arrows out to all the households with friends and family in them in the neighborhood viewed. I don't know that it's useful or anything, but I love clicking on, say, a Hawkins household and seeing an Agincourt-worth of arrows soaring up and out all over the neighborhood from that point.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8525 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 4:05 AM
Oh yes, I have fun clicking the button too, seeing the little green spider legs all over. Quite amusing.
Page 341 of 514