Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 5:49 AM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 1st May 2023 at 9:24 AM.
Default Adding Swimwear Outfit Option When Using an Outdoor Shower
I have converted a Sims3 outdoor shower for Sims2 and it does work in the usual manner - Sims undress and shower with the blur animation. Interestingly enough, when the shower was used, the Sim did not shoo away any other Sim.
I would upload the pic to demonstrate but I think it might breach the regulations.

What I would like to do is that when this shower is used, Sims remain in their swimsuit if wearing their swimwear or change into their swimsuit if not.
Is this possible? Would it effect all showers or just the shower I used to clone from?

I have tried looking for any shower mods and tutorials for what I want to do; but so far haven't seen anything (other than an unanswered thread).
Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Sep 2021 at 11:25 PM
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2021 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
There is a shower like this on MTS!

Hello @vegan_kaktus
I was so busy looking for tutorials, I forgot to check that this kind of shower may already exist.
I don't know if it will make a difference as I used the cheap shower rather than Strut Your Stuff (Uni)?
Thank you for the link, I will download this shower, check out the properties and if I should get it to work, will credit creator @knightguy82.

Thanks again!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 11:53 PM
@Ladysimplayer8 please do share your version as well! :-D I'm interested in it too
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vegan_kaktus
@Ladysimplayer8 please do share your version as well! :-D I'm interested in it too

Hello @vegan_kaktus
I had a look at the outdoor shower by @knightguy82 in SimPE - looks a lot more complicated than I anticipated with 12 BEHAV properties compared to 4 plus other things!

I have emailed knightguy82 to request his permission to use his/her mesh. Knightbuy82 hasn't been on the site since 5/06/2021 so going to wait about a month for a response. After that time if no response, I can still credit knightguy82 for the use of the mesh and if later on that is not to their satisfaction, can remove the shower.

When I do upload it, there will be two version - indoors and outdoors with a swimsuit (fingers crossed for the latter. )
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Nov 2021 at 8:06 AM
Update on Adding Swimwear Outfit Option When Using an Outdoor Shower
@knightguy82 has now given me permission to use his outdoor shower.
However, I still have a problem that I hadn't noticed previously - in SimPE there are no Textures Image (TXTR), Material Definition (TXMT) nor Material Override (MMAT) fields when I open the mesh.
Usually these fields are already there for me. I would appreciate it if someone could advise me if it is possible to add them and how to do it.
Thank you in advance for any help.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Nov 2021 at 6:00 PM
This tutorial explains how to add a recolorable subset to an object: https://modthesims.info/t/103379
(In your case you can skip step one since the mesh is already there, but adding the other files will apply)
I guess the reason why the texture files were removed is because the shower is texture-referenced to the UNI shower, so you will also need to edit the GMND to remove the tsMaterialsMeshName line, and check that everything is correctly linked to your object's txtr and txmt that you just added.
Basically this is what is described in this slave object tutorial, but starting from the end: https://modthesims.info/showthread....5#startcomments
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 7:30 AM Last edited by Ladysimplayer8 : 1st May 2023 at 9:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
This tutorial explains how to add a recolorable subset to an object: https://modthesims.info/t/103379
(In your case you can skip step one since the mesh is already there, but adding the other files will apply)
I guess the reason why the texture files were removed is because the shower is texture-referenced to the UNI shower, so you will also need to edit the GMND to remove the tsMaterialsMeshName line, and check that everything is correctly linked to your object's txtr and txmt that you just added.
Basically this is what is described in this slave object tutorial, but starting from the end: https://modthesims.info/showthread....5#startcomments

Hello @Monsieur_Oshima
Thank you for your reply.
I do know how to add subsets but haven't created slaves objects so far. Will let you know how I get on.

Update 25/11/2021: No joy in trying to generate the texture files that were deleted.

Update 01/05/2023 Success at last!