Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:27 PM
Default Autonomous woohoo in bed
Hi everyone. I admit I'm new to modding, but I've been looking around in the Sims 4 XML files the past few days, trying to learn more about how the game works. Today I worked on figuring out a way to get risky and autonomous woohoo. The first part was easy but I'm struggling with the second.

To find the relevant files, I first searched for the term "woohoo" in my folder of exported XMLs, then within that pile searched for the term "allow_autonomous," then changed the falses to trues. There were separate files for bed woohoo, observatory woohoo, and rocketship woohoo. Thought that was that. But maybe not.

I have yet to have my test sims initiate bed woohoo by themselves, despite both of them being in a very flirty mood, with all their needs at 100% and need decay turned off, their romance bar filled to the max. They'll stand there and do plenty of autonomous flirts and embraces and other lower-level romantic interactions, but not woohoo on the bed. So I thought maybe allow_autonomous=true simply wasn't doing anything, or maybe I had the wrong set of files. There are several XMLs in the "interaction" folder that mention woohoo, after all.

But then I plopped down an observatory and to my surprise, it worked! The sims were able to autonomously woohoo in the observatory. But why not on the bed? Is there a certain way you can make certain interactions more likely/frequent for a sim to do autonomously? I'd love for someone more knowledgeable than me to look into this.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 5:36 PM
The frequency at which something is done in TS4 is sometimes dictated by alarm objects found within the Python code. Maybe there's an interaction alarm in interactions.py? Not sure. I'll give it a look at some point, but I think someone will beat me to it by the time I have the ability to do so.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM Last edited by pcgeekri : 19th Sep 2014 at 8:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pixelsolipsist
Today I worked on figuring out a way to get risky and autonomous woohoo.
I have yet to have my test sims initiate bed woohoo by themselves, despite both of them being in a very flirty mood, with all their needs at 100% and need decay turned off, their romance bar filled to the max. They'll stand there and do plenty of autonomous flirts and embraces and other lower-level romantic interactions, but not woohoo on the bed. So I thought maybe allow_autonomous=true simply wasn't doing anything, or maybe I had the wrong set of files. There are several XMLs in the "interaction" folder that mention woohoo, after all.

But then I plopped down an observatory and to my surprise, it worked! The sims were able to autonomously woohoo in the observatory. But why not on the bed? Is there a certain way you can make certain interactions more likely/frequent for a sim to do autonomously? I'd love for someone more knowledgeable than me to look into this.

Good luck with this!
Risky Woohoo, haven't heard that expression since TwoJeffs' ACR (Autonomous Causual Romance) mod. heh
Why we had ACR to coax those sims to do romance. ACR was a controller (hidden object) back in Sims 2 and used a token with a base time (actually it keeps up with a great deal of info) and when it hit a certain time, they had the need or um okay became horny. It was referred to as base time they could go all the way to down to -20 meaning woohoo 20 sim hours overdue. Now what would be nice (had ACR in the back of my mind) is when the base time hit zero they became firty and kept that moodlet until woohoo occurred, then the base time would reset depending on Aspiration. And turn flirty back over to game control.

I'm still trying to learn python and xml in this game but I've got it on my mind. hehe
If I could be of any help, let me know.

Found this digging for something on Pregnancy, it may help?

A XML tuning file for autonomy, has a skip set in it. The XML is 0x03B33DDF instance 92ECE984E6CB961F.
Maybe Woohoo is in that skip set?

Pcgeekri
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 5:40 AM
Thanks to both of you for your responses. I hadn't thought of looking in the Python code and although I don't know much Python a lot, the files seem to say quite a lot about how autonomy as a whole operates currently in game. I haven't discovered anything specific to push sims to go bed woohoo more often, but I'll keep looking around and trying to learn what everything means.

What exactly are "affordances"? I see the term all over both the tuning files and script files for interactions but I'm not sure on what they do.
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 4:59 AM
Good question, I'm experimenting. So far what I've done is get rid of that long list of PREROLL_AUTONOMY_AFFORDANCE_SKIP_SET just to see what happens, so far not much it seems. Also trying to get ride of all autonomy delays.

Mainly what I'm trying to do is see if starting a neighborhood where everyone's gender preference is zero to see if romance will autonomously start on a "single" selected sim. Now I have observed that my playable sims when left unattended because I'm playing a different lot will become romantically involved with another sim autonomously. So why isn't that happening when playing the current lot? That's what I'm trying to figure out. Eventually I'll get into finding the Attraction/Chemistry and see how that works if there is any.

Laterz
Pcgeek
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 5:01 AM
Well, I finally got my sims to autonomously woohoo in bed! What I did was look in social_mixer_interaction.pyo.py. There's a section that says this about "base_score":

USAGE: If you would like this mixer to more likely show up no matter the topic and mood ons the sims tune this value higher. Formula being used to determine the autonomy score is Score = Avg(Uc, Ucs) * W * SW, Where Uc is the commodity score, Ucs is the\n content set score, W is the weight tuned the on mixer, and SW is the weight tuned on the super interaction.

So I tried combing through the bed woohoo mixer interaction and super interaction XMLs, changed the weights and context preferences where I could find entries for them. Then I tested the same sims as before, and it worked. But I'm not sure still exactly what did what, or if the tuning is too high/too low for gameplay, so I'll have to fiddle around with the numbers some more.

Quote:
Now I have observed that my playable sims when left unattended because I'm playing a different lot will become romantically involved with another sim autonomously. So why isn't that happening when playing the current lot?

Yeah, I'd like to know that too! So far I'm only trying for autonomous woohoo after I've already gotten two sims to become romantic. But seeing my sims try romantic interactions even when they're single is also on the list of things I eventually want. Keep us updated on any progress!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:59 AM
subscribed! looking forward to developments on this and will be happy to test
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:41 AM
I am far from useful outside of a tester, but I would be glad to test anything with instruction because I have interest invested in this subject.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:23 PM
I would also love to test out this mod if and when it becomes available ,
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:01 PM
I will test as well!

I miss Risky Woohoo, I ADORE NRaas and how he made the woohooer mod - we definitely need something along the same lines in the sims 4. I love when my sims get pregnant without me knowing.
Just a suggestion for sometime down the road and if it isn't too difficult to maybe make the pregnancy test option available ALL THE TIME, so that when you have the risky woohoo it doesn't only show up after they've autonomously woohooed. Sometimes I'm away from the household with a third sim or so, and if you come home and see the test available you'll know they went ahead and tried on their own rather than it being a complete surprise!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:07 PM
have you found whether auto woohoo is enabled by default? i've had my sims woohoo without my telling them to, without a mod or anything. but i'm not sure if it could be from my teen preg mod by darkpool
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 9:15 AM Last edited by pixelsolipsist : 7th Oct 2014 at 10:03 AM.
Hi everyone, glad to see people are interested in the mod! I haven't had much time to work on it lately but haven't given up. So far I've figured out how to get basic risky woohoo and autonomous bed woohoo (haven't implemented it for rocketship and observatory just because I didn't want to fiddle with so many xmls at once, but this should be easy to add in). Right now I'm still playing with the file to see if the settings I've set for autonomy are way too high, about right, or too low--since it's risky woohoo, I want the balance right. The balance has been difficult to strike because with one test session my sims won't do anything but woohoo, and in another session they'll do everything but woohoo. I will put up a very, very rough test version soon.

christmas fear, it's the inteen mod that adds autonomous woohoo, by default it's turned off. With that mod in your game do your sims woohoo autonomously pretty frequently or only once in a blue moon?

For anyone who can help, here's a list of further things I'd like to have in the mod:

- a timer so that once sims woohoo they won't immediately try to do it again for a set amount of time. Maybe something like this already exists in the game, but from brief testing it seems sims who perform autonomous woohoo will often do it again immediately, up to 4 or 5 times in a row at times.

- more complex pregnancy chances. Default EA it's just a base random chance of getting pregnant with a higher chance if you have the family-oriented trait, but I'd like that chance to shrink incrementally as the sim ages the way I think it did in TS3 and with ACR for TS2?

- As StroganoffOfBeef said, right now with this mod you can take a pregnancy test to find out if woohoo got a sim pregnant, but that option only shows up on the toilet when the sim is actually pregnant, which for me, kind of ruins the surprise of it all. So ideally I'd like the option to show up any time a sim woohoos. This has been surprisingly difficult to fix, though, despite looking through what I think are all the relevant files to this interaction. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I can give more details about what I've tried so far if anyone's interested.

Edit: Never mind, I was being stupid and what I've done seems to work! Now each time you woohoo, the option to take a pregnancy test shows up even if the sim isn't pregnant, the same as it is for try for baby. StroganoffOfBeef, was this what you meant or do you mean that you want the test option to appear even if the sim hasn't woohoo'd?
Test Subject
#13 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 12:30 PM Last edited by mrclopes : 7th Oct 2014 at 1:27 PM.
I did a quick look into the n="bed_TryForBaby" s="13097" and there is 2 loots you may want to explore:
<T>11143<!--TryForBaby_Loot--></T>
<T>75968<!--loot_Bed_WooHoo--></T>
The content of "75968" maybe is what you need to use as a test for the timer you looking for. (It's where you can add "moddlets" when a sim completes this interaction).
And "11143" is probably what you need to tweak in order to give more pregnancy options, you can put different weights into each loot. You can also use post_run_commodities instances in order to do something more complex as an outcome of an interaction. (Just like when a sim finishes using a toilet they would test if their hands are dirty)

However, as I said I did just a quick look, just ignore me if you already explored this options.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 6:25 AM
Hi everyone, glad to see people are interested in the mod! I haven't had much time to work on it lately but haven't given up. So far I've figured out how to get basic risky woohoo and autonomous bed woohoo (haven't implemented it for rocketship and observatory just because I didn't want to fiddle with so many xmls at once, but this should be easy to add in). Right now I'm still playing with the file to see if the settings I've set for autonomy are way too high, about right, or too low--since it's risky woohoo, I want the balance right. The balance has been difficult to strike because with one test session my sims won't do anything but woohoo, and in another session they'll do everything but woohoo. I will put up a very, very rough test version soon.

christmas fear, it's the inteen mod that adds autonomous woohoo, by default it's turned off. With that mod in your game do your sims woohoo autonomously pretty frequently or only once in a blue moon?

For anyone who can help, here's a list of further things I'd like to have in the mod:

- a timer so that once sims woohoo they won't immediately try to do it again for a set amount of time. Maybe something like this already exists in the game, but from brief testing it seems sims who perform autonomous woohoo will often do it again immediately, up to 4 or 5 times in a row at times.

- more complex pregnancy chances. Default EA it's just a base random chance of getting pregnant with a higher chance if you have the family-oriented trait, but I'd like that chance to shrink incrementally as the sim ages the way I think it did in TS3 and with ACR for TS2?

- As StroganoffOfBeef said, right now with this mod you can take a pregnancy test to find out if woohoo got a sim pregnant, but that option only shows up on the toilet when the sim is actually pregnant, which for me, kind of ruins the surprise of it all. So ideally I'd like the option to show up any time a sim woohoos. This has been surprisingly difficult to fix, though, despite looking through what I think are all the relevant files to this interaction. Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I can give more details about what I've tried so far if anyone's interested.

Edit: Never mind, I was being stupid and what I've done seems to work! Now each time you woohoo, the option to take a pregnancy test shows up even if the sim isn't pregnant, the same as it is for try for baby. StroganoffOfBeef, was this what you meant or do you mean that you want the test option to appear even if the sim hasn't woohoo'd?

i've only seen it once. i'm not using darkpool's anymore, i'm using shimrod's teen and YA romance mod.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 11:46 PM
I only (almost) saw autonomous woohoo once since installing the inteen mod. It was in the queue when suddenly the visiting sim decided he needed to go home. Haven't seen it again playing rotation with 4 or 5 homes, a week each. Un-installing that mod next time I restart as I only wanted the auto-woohoo part of it. Not all that interested in teen pregnancy/marriage.
#16 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 1:43 AM
This mod is exactly what I need in my game, thank you for your efforts! And if you need more testers, I'd be happy to help.
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 5:35 PM

:lovestruc I can't enthuse enough how happy and excited I am to hear that you're making progress. Nevertheless, I am WAY too excited sitting here waiting for a test version to release. Hehe.

Now onto your question - Yes! I like that the option shows up every time they woohoo, even if it isn't risky woohoo (just normal autonomous) because that way you're left in suspense to see if your sim is pregnant or not (much like real life). This sounds just like what I wanted/meant in my previous post, apologies if it came out unclear. c'x
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 7:59 PM
Hi everyone--again, sorry for the delay. I'm attaching a very rough test version today. PLEASE use carefully, don't put this in and save with a family you really care about, etc. Also, this mod won't be compatible with any other mod that changes stuff about woohoo.

Let me know if your sims are woohooing too often or not enough. I think sims also tend to woohoo more often in emptier houses because there isn't anything else to do, and woohoo increases fun, so it's attractive. The base risky chance is 6%. I haven't added any multipliers based on traits or anything yet, let me know if you have any ideas you'd like to see added. So far I've only added stuff for woohoo on the bed, not the observatory or rocket ship.

Please feel free to look through the XMLs--I'm sure I changed some things unnecessarily and that there are more efficient and precise ways of achieving what I'm attempting! I added comments wherever I changed a setting, let me know if something I've added is weird/puzzling to you. Like I said, I'm no expert, just someone who really really wanted risky and autonomous woohoo in the game.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  woohootest2.7z (17.6 KB, 534 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:04 AM
Testing, haven't gotten to play much since I downloaded last night. New family, new save about 4 hours time played. They auto woohoo'd twice after some serious flirting. No issues so far, Will continue testing as I am able, not much time to play till Wed/Thur. Thanks for the test file
#20 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:45 AM
Thank you for letting us test your mod!

I've tested it quickly and it seems to be working. One couple woohooed autonomously. I also wanted to test how often sims would get pregnant from woohooing. I adjusted the chance of pregnancy to be able to test it better, and that seems to work fine, too. Sims sometimes got pregnant from woohooing, sometimes they didn't. I'll run more tests tomorrow to see how often autonomous woohooing occurs and in what circumstances.

A few questions came to my mind while testing:

-This mod seems to conflict with claudiasharon's Try for Baby in Larger Households (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=537466). Is there any way to make them compatible? Does your mod adjust the maximum housefold size for determining whether woohoo can be risky? Without your mod, I can have babies even in full households, but with your mod I can't anymore. The option to take a pregnancy test is available, but the result is always negative.

-The game doesn't let you do the First Kiss before you've been flirting with the other person long enough, and it doesn't let you woohoo with anyone before you've had your first kiss with them. Do we need to take those steps manually before autonomous woohooing can occur? I guess the First Kiss isn't an autonomous interaction, and if it's not, I guess it's not possible for sims that I don't control to ever woohoo autonomously unless they're in an already established relationship?

-And lastly, do you think it would be possible to make this compatible with FlorianPTME's new Emotional Overcharge mod (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=539636), I believe you're already familiar with it. That mod also makes autonomous woohoo possible, but there's no chance of pregnancy. It would be nice if we could use both: yours for autonomous and risky woohooing, and FlorianPTME's for autonomous social interactions (fighting, flirting..).

If my questions are stupid, feel free to tell me so. And if there is anything in particular that you'd like us to test, just say so!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:07 AM
Hi there! I am sure the both of us can make that happen. I can have a look at it or pixel will. What you could do in the meantime is:

- Open S4PE.
- Open a new package.
- Load my mod first.
- Then import pixel's.
- Save that as a package file and use that instead.

That should work just fine. I think the pregnancy chance is in a file I don't touch. Oh and by the way, I unlocked "First Kiss" in my mod but I haven't seen the action so far (still testing).
Test Subject
#22 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:11 AM
omg, I LOVE you....I am downloading the mod now and will be sure to let you know if there are any problems ♥
#23 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 10:14 AM
That's great news, FlorianPTME! And thank you for the advice, I'll do that. The game will be so much better with these mods, I cannot thank you two enough!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:05 PM
Ok, so after thinking about this we have two options that would work:

- The combined solution I suggested here (our two mods merged together). For people that have trouble with S4PE I could do that and either upload it here or where you can download my mod.
- For people that just want pixel's for the pregnancy chance he would have to do a version for that. Then the mods don't need to be merged.

Either way, I would like to wait and see what pixel's opinion is. Because technically it's his thread so he should decide.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:17 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for your input. Aislynne, your suggestions/questions are not stupid at all! I will definitely look into making this compatible with larger households--I'm not immediately sure why it's incompatible, but I'll look at the files!

As for using both my and Florian's mod, I actually think that his method for autonomous woohoo should be better? He's already overhauled not just the woohoo files but many other romance interactions too, since as Aislynne said in order for autonomous woohoo to really make sense you should really have first kiss and other romantic interactions performed autonomously as well.

Florian's autonomous woohoo should be more balanced and sensible than mine, more dependent on mood and traits (and maybe relationship levels? Not sure) than mine. Mine probably makes your sims do woohoo much more often, if that's your thing, because I simply aimed to flat out push sims to woohoo on their own regardless of situation so that the risky pregnancy could actually manage to surprise players who don't keep a careful eye on their sims. I added some other things like a clunky version of a timer so sims don't woohoo TOO much (at max once every 4 hours) and a fake fun advertisement so woohoo is an attractive option to sims who are low on fun even if they aren't necessarily feeling flirty, but these are really minor features that can easily be added or taken out. Other than that I think the only thing different in my woohoo XMLs is that I edited the social context preference and mood values a little differently.

I'd definitely like to continue to work on figuring out how autonomy and woohoo would best work for the game, but Florian's idea is great and I think anything new we find out should go toward improving his mod since he's already done so much work. If you'd like Florian, you can take a look at the version I attached to this thread and look through the XMLs--I've formatted mine so it's easier to read and put comments next to values I either changed or at one time thought might be relevant, so it should be easy to find any edits I made from the default EA tunings. You can compare that with what you've done and decide if there's anything interesting there. I'll look through your mod too when I have the time to see what I can learn!

I can make a separate mod for the risky woohoo hopefully soon as well as work on other additions to what I have so far--but this week is looking very busy for me, so apologies in advance for any delays!
Locked thread | Locked by: plasticbox Reason: Unsupported
Page 1 of 3