Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 12:08 AM Last edited by icemunmun : 2nd Apr 2016 at 7:27 PM.
Default Custom Bar drinks Beta 1.1
Similar to custom food I wanted to have Custom Drinks in game.Currently this mod adds custom alcoholic bar drinks to the professional bars using a script.So there should not be any conflicts (as far as I know)

The following interactions are added to the Bar:
a. Make custom Drinks (With picker menu)
b. Order Custom Drinks - sim walks up to the bar and has a short conversation and then a purchase menu opens up.This interaction sometimes cancels out if a bartender is in the process of making drinks
c. Order Custom Drinks (with a orange circle/target symbol) - This interaction directly opens up the purchase menu without any additional interactions.

The following Drinks are available -
1. Ale
2. Bourbon
3. Brandy
4. Gin and Tonic
5. Margarita
6. Rum
7. Sherry
8. Vodka
9. Whiskey

Current isssues:
1. The tooltip descriptions does not apply immediately
2. The package is heavy as I have failed in referencing any resources ( If I try referencing textures and other resources either the purchase menu icons are messed up or the drink objects appear with wrong textures)

Feedback required on the following:
1. Autonomous drink making is happening or not
2. How wonky is the tooltip
3. Which Buy interaction you prefer ? b or c ( from the interaction list)
4.Whether any routing issues with the Buy Custom Drinks interaction(b) where the sim walks up to the bar ?
4. Any texture improvement required or not
5. Any suggestions as to how to reduce the included resources
6.Any other issues in general?
7. Translations

To do:
1. Proper skill level (now they are within 1-4 as my tester sim was at that level)
2. Better Pricing
3. Cocktails with ingredients required ( maybe a separate mod)
4. Try to reduce the package size and optimize it(If it ends up being a major issue)

Installation:
Just unzip the file in your mods folder (maintaining the folder structure)

Short Video of the Make Custom Drink Interaction
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  icemunmun_CustomDrinks.rar (913.8 KB, 722 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Version Beta 1.1
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 15th Mar 2016 at 3:24 AM
Looks promising! I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Just realised that's another pun. Somebody please stop me.
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 7:15 AM
Awesome!
And here's traditional Chinese translation of this mod!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  icemunmun_CustomDrinks-STBL-Traditional Chinese.rar (3.6 KB, 45 downloads) - View custom content
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2016 at 7:37 AM
Hi! Just a quick update for you. I haven't had a chance to play extensively with this mod yet, but last night I did notice one of my Sims autonomously making a Gin & Tonic. It was pretty cool to see, and worked fine from what I could tell. I'll try to get you some feedback on your other questions soon.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2016 at 6:23 PM
Thank you wuccwzt for the translations

Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
Hi! Just a quick update for you. I haven't had a chance to play extensively with this mod yet, but last night I did notice one of my Sims autonomously making a Gin & Tonic. It was pretty cool to see, and worked fine from what I could tell. I'll try to get you some feedback on your other questions soon.

Thank you for the report.Much appreciated! Did the tooltip appear properly on the autonomously made drink?
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Mar 2016 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icemunmun
Thank you for the report.Much appreciated! Did the tooltip appear properly on the autonomously made drink?

You mean when I hovered the cursor over it? If so, yep, it said "gin and tonic".
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 6:44 AM
Hey! Thought I give you some feedback as well. I can actually see the menu and select the drinks, but when my sims finish making them the glass just disappears.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 1:50 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 28th Mar 2016 at 2:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by chgalacher
Hey! Thought I give you some feedback as well. I can actually see the menu and select the drinks, but when my sims finish making them the glass just disappears.

Thanks for the report!
1.Have you checked the inventory for the finished drinks?
2. Areb there any other sims around?I have found that sometimes other sims immediately snap up the drinks after they are made.
3. Does this happen with any particular drink or all the drinks?
4. Just to be on the safe side, do you have all the individual drink packages ?

Quote: Originally posted by girlfromverona
You mean when I hovered the cursor over it? If so, yep, it said "gin and tonic".

Yes,thats what I meant! Thank you so much for checking.Its good to know that the tool tip appears properly
Test Subject
#9 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 3:52 PM
Hey, I really want to have this mod in my game. So I tried it and everything that appears when I click on the bar are just blank spaces. Do you have an idea how can I fix it?
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#10 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rynka_CS
Hey, I really want to have this mod in my game. So I tried it and everything that appears when I click on the bar are just blank spaces. Do you have an idea how can I fix it?

Uh oh...that seems like a localization issue.Let me check

Edit: I stupidly forgot to localize all the strings for the interaction package

I have attached only the interaction file with all the strings.Just replace the 'Bar_CustomDrinks_Interaction' in the icemunmun_CustomDrinks Folder with the attached file.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Bar_CustomDrinks_Interaction.rar (6.9 KB, 42 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Only interaction package
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 9:31 PM
Hey just thought I'd leave some feedback. Had this mod in my game now since the day you uploaded. Prefer option C.
Played about 9 in game weeks since then and still no autonomous making of the custom drinks. Other than that everything works great, no routing issues. Occasionally the sim will get stuck halfway through the drink making process. Like just stop and then the action cancels itself out, only seems to happen on the vodka drink. Have never noticed it on any other.
Great mod though
Test Subject
#12 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 6:59 PM
Uh oh...that seems like a localization issue.Let me check

Edit: I stupidly forgot to localize all the strings for the interaction package

I have attached only the interaction file with all the strings.Just replace the 'Bar_CustomDrinks_Interaction' in the icemunmun_CustomDrinks Folder with the attached file.

Oh, it's apearing now, thank you. But I have another problem - I can't see names of drinks when my sim tries to order some. When they are making a drink, the name's there.
However when my sims try to make a drink, they make it but the glass dissapear. I tried it four times I think and it always happened.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#13 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t.barfield86
Hey just thought I'd leave some feedback. Had this mod in my game now since the day you uploaded. Prefer option C.
Played about 9 in game weeks since then and still no autonomous making of the custom drinks. Other than that everything works great, no routing issues. Occasionally the sim will get stuck halfway through the drink making process. Like just stop and then the action cancels itself out, only seems to happen on the vodka drink. Have never noticed it on any other.
Great mod though

Thanks for the report
1. About autonomous drink making - Are you talking about your active sim or other sims/bartenders . In my game I had to enclose the bar in a doorless room to prevent my active sim from making drinks all day long! So I want to know whether you have any other bar/mixology related mod (so that I can check for conflict)?
2.Option C - Thanks for the input about that.I kind of prefer it more too
3. I will check the interactions with Vodka.It happens only sometimes and not all the time,right?

Again thanks a lot!

Oh, it's apearing now, thank you. But I have another problem - I can't see names of drinks when my sim tries to order some. When they are making a drink, the name's there.
However when my sims try to make a drink, they make it but the glass dissapear. I tried it four times I think and it always happened.

Another user was having the same issue so i am going to repost my reply to him/her:

2. Are there any other sims around?I have found that sometimes other sims immediately snap up the drinks after they are made.

And about not seeing the names when ordering: I will check out the individual drinks localization and see whether something is wrong or not.

Thank you so much for the report!
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 9:49 AM
1. Yes, I checked it and there was nothing.
2. No, just one sim - the one, who made the drink.
3. With all drinks.
4. Yes, I have them.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 10:30 AM
1. Yes, I checked it and there was nothing.
2. No, just one sim - the one, who made the drink.
3. With all drinks.
4. Yes, I have them.

If its not too much trouble can you clear the caches and check with just this mod in a fresh game? I want to check for conflicts with other mods.

I will upload a video showing how it should actually work.

Thank you for testing :lovestruc
Test Subject
#16 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 5:13 PM
Thanks for the report
1. About autonomous drink making - Are you talking about your active sim or other sims/bartenders . In my game I had to enclose the bar in a doorless room to prevent my active sim from making drinks all day long! So I want to know whether you have any other bar/mixology related mod (so that I can check for conflict)?
2.Option C - Thanks for the input about that.I kind of prefer it more too
3. I will check the interactions with Vodka.It happens only sometimes and not all the time,right?

Again thanks a lot!

Another user was having the same issue so i am going to repost my reply to him/her:

2. Are there any other sims around?I have found that sometimes other sims immediately snap up the drinks after they are made.

And about not seeing the names when ordering: I will check out the individual drinks localization and see whether something is wrong or not.

Thank you so much for the report!

Hey. Spent a few hours in game today and yesterday double checking, so about another 3 in game weeks. Active sims don't ever autonomously make the custom drinks and spent every night going to the different bars (you owe my selfsim a promotion after his demotion ) and not once did I see a bartender make a custom drink or anybody else drinking them. I don't have any bar or mixology related mods to conflict. I have mischief and mean interactions disabled for autonomy and the only other autonomy mod I have affects hot tubs at spa venues.
And yep definitely only the vodka drink it gets stuck on. Not all the time. I had my sim make about 40 of them yesterday and it failed 3 times. I switched to a different household and had them make 20 this morning and it failed 4 times. So seems just at random. Hope that helps
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 5:24 PM
Hey. Spent a few hours in game today and yesterday double checking, so about another 3 in game weeks. Active sims don't ever autonomously make the custom drinks and spent every night going to the different bars (you owe my selfsim a promotion after his demotion ) and not once did I see a bartender make a custom drink or anybody else drinking them. I don't have any bar or mixology related mods to conflict. I have mischief and mean interactions disabled for autonomy and the only other autonomy mod I have affects hot tubs at spa venues.
And yep definitely only the vodka drink it gets stuck on. Not all the time. I had my sim make about 40 of them yesterday and it failed 3 times. I switched to a different household and had them make 20 this morning and it failed 4 times. So seems just at random. Hope that helps

Thank you so very much for testing it so thoroughly :lovestruc

So I think the autonomous action is conflicting with any autonomy suppressing mod (not drink or bar specific).Can you link me to the autonomy mods in question if it is not too much trouble.I will check out what functions are being suppressed in those mods
About the Vodka,I think i am going to go and rebuild the package!(ugh...random errors are the worst!)
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 5:59 PM
Hi there. The mod doesn't seem to be working with me. There are no interactions to any bars related to custom drinks, and I've checked with both BG and GT bars (thinking that perhaps only specific bars had been modified). I also went to a bar venue and there were no interactions related to custom drinks either. None of the script are in subfiles, and I'm sure my script files are checked bc I use a lot of other mods and they're currently working.

I have the custom food mod and it's working, btw.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 6:07 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 2nd Apr 2016 at 7:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by giucorreias
Hi there. The mod doesn't seem to be working with me. There are no interactions to any bars related to custom drinks, and I've checked with both BG and GT bars (thinking that perhaps only specific bars had been modified). I also went to a bar venue and there were no interactions related to custom drinks either. None of the script are in subfiles, and I'm sure my script files are checked bc I use a lot of other mods and they're currently working.

I have the custom food mod and it's working, btw.

Since the script is uncompiled ( for easier editing) for now, the script file need to be in the 'Scripts' folder to be recognized properly.It requires a different file structure from a compiled script. So for the mod to work in its present state the exact file structure in the zip has to be maintained.Unzip the whole folder 'icemunmun_CustomDrinks' in the Mods folder.Do not take the scripts out.It needs to remain in the subfolder. Hope that helps

Added a video of the Make Custom Drink interaction to the main post
Test Subject
#20 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 12:24 AM
Thank you so very much for testing it so thoroughly :lovestruc

So I think the autonomous action is conflicting with any autonomy suppressing mod (not drink or bar specific).Can you link me to the autonomy mods in question if it is not too much trouble.I will check out what functions are being suppressed in those mods
About the Vodka,I think i am going to go and rebuild the package!(ugh...random errors are the worst!)

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680 - I use Deaderpool's MC Tuner to disable autonomous mischief and mean interactions
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=560163 - And here's the autonomous Hot tub mod by weerbesu

Good luck
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#21 Old 3rd Apr 2016 at 6:53 PM Last edited by icemunmun : 3rd Apr 2016 at 11:47 PM.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680 - I use Deaderpool's MC Tuner to disable autonomous mischief and mean interactions
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=560163 - And here's the autonomous Hot tub mod by weerbesu

Good luck

Thank you for the links .Also there are certain preferred traits(with the bro trait whitelisted) and moods(especially inspired) for the autonomous drink making, similar to the base game autonomous bartending.I will go have a look!

Edit: @t.barfield86 not those mods as my inspired sim straight away went to the bar ignoring everything and made himself a margarita and a rum one after the other.
girlfromverona said that she also saw a bartender autonomously making a drink.So i am thinking it is definitely a conflict!

So if you ever have time and the inclination, can you pretty please test it without other mods (after clearing caches)
Sockzz!
#22 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 3:43 PM
Hi there,
I have the Dutch translation for you!
Also, the mod seems to work fine for me so far, but I didn't test long enough to figure out whether or not my Sims did any of the interactions autonomously.
And I prefer interaction C too!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  STBL DUT_NL Custom Drinks.rar (3.2 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 5:45 PM
Thank you for the links .Also there are certain preferred traits(with the bro trait whitelisted) and moods(especially inspired) for the autonomous drink making, similar to the base game autonomous bartending.I will go have a look!

Edit: @t.barfield86 not those mods as my inspired sim straight away went to the bar ignoring everything and made himself a margarita and a rum one after the other.
girlfromverona said that she also saw a bartender autonomously making a drink.So i am thinking it is definitely a conflict!

So if you ever have time and the inclination, can you pretty please test it without other mods (after clearing caches)

I've got a vanilla save on my external hard drive. Will load it up later and give it a go. Any other criteria you want me to check? I've got a sim somewhere in the mixology career, so I'll load up her family first and try it with a fresh sim too
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Apr 2016 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElenaInTheSims
Hi there,
I have the Dutch translation for you!
Also, the mod seems to work fine for me so far, but I didn't test long enough to figure out whether or not my Sims did any of the interactions autonomously.
And I prefer interaction C too!

Ah...thank you so much .I think I will keep option C and chuck B.

I've got a vanilla save on my external hard drive. Will load it up later and give it a go. Any other criteria you want me to check? I've got a sim somewhere in the mixology career, so I'll load up her family first and try it with a fresh sim too

That will be awesome Traits(mainly) = bro,foodie ; emotions(mainly) = inspired.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 7:47 PM
Hey guys,

I have made a few changes to the mod , updated it to be compatible with the latest patches and Dine out and finally uploaded it . Please redownload : http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579950