Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#11851 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 8:06 PM
What AO flag are you using? It's very obvious and I kind of like it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#11852 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 3:54 AM
I discovered - or rather, my sims discovered - the wonders of teleportation. I've been playing in Barnacle Bay, where I've built a dock and placed a houseboat near where the pirate ship bistro is. It took me a bit of experimenting to get it working, but it's fine now. The only thing I was concerned about was the school bus and the carpool, since the boat is at the end of a long jetty and some way from the road. Would my family be able to get to school or work on time? But hey, no problem! As soon as the bus and the car appeared they both finished what they were doing and beamed out of there. I sometimes cheat a teleportation when I want to get sims somewhere fast, but I've never seen them do it autonomously. Now, if only sims could just do that every time they get stuck somewhere it would make the game run a lot more smoothly.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Field Researcher
#11853 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 5:14 AM
Much to my embarrassment, I just learned that spiral staircases are stackable! It makes sense that they would be, but it never dawned on me that they would work that way in the game. And this, after years of playing and building!
Inventor
#11854 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesims1depot
Much to my embarrassment, I just learned that spiral staircases are stackable! It makes sense that they would be, but it never dawned on me that they would work that way in the game. And this, after years of playing and building!

To make you feel better I've been playing for years as well and just learned this recently. I usually try to keep my builds to 1 floor but I have been expanding into two floors and saw I could do this..second, and another facepalm..clicking on the moodlets to make them fulfill needs.
Instructor
#11855 Old 17th Mar 2020 at 10:37 PM

You can stack them but they are only usable like that if they're turned in the right direction compared to the lot/world coordinates unfortunately. So that makes it one working position and 3 broken ones. It's best to always test if sims can route to them on the specific lot to avoid major routing tantrums. Just one of the things they broke in patches along the way and never bothered to fix (remember that 15 mins when multistory lighting in the BG was a thing? Forever salty about that one, too.)
Field Researcher
#11856 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
You can stack them but they are only usable like that if they're turned in the right direction compared to the lot/world coordinates unfortunately. So that makes it one working position and 3 broken ones. It's best to always test if sims can route to them on the specific lot to avoid major routing tantrums. Just one of the things they broke in patches along the way and never bothered to fix (remember that 15 mins when multistory lighting in the BG was a thing? Forever salty about that one, too.)

Thanks. I'll definitely test this out because I've been running wild with these staircases ever since I discovered this neat feature. Figured there would be a catch somewhere.

What do you mean by that multistory lighting issue?
Instructor
#11857 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 1:12 PM
What do you mean by that multistory lighting issue?

When you have an open two-story high room (no floor in between) and you place a light somewhere on the second story for example, the light effect gets cut off on the edge of the second floor and everything on the floor below remains dark (and vice-versa). The reason you usually need to put a million buydebug lights to get it to even out and even then it usually ends up looking choppy and annoying.
Field Researcher
#11858 Old 20th Mar 2020 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enable_llamas
When you have an open two-story high room (no floor in between) and you place a light somewhere on the second story for example, the light effect gets cut off on the edge of the second floor and everything on the floor below remains dark (and vice-versa). The reason you usually need to put a million buydebug lights to get it to even out and even then it usually ends up looking choppy and annoying.

Oh, thanks. So I imagine that's why they eventually came out with those invisible ceiling and wall lights?
Lab Assistant
#11859 Old 26th Mar 2020 at 12:58 AM
Today, when creating a Sim for my new experiment of sorts, I've found out that Couch Potato and Neat traits do not conflict with each other. I feel stupid now, but for years I really did think that these two traits are incompatible with each other, but now I have Sim with both traits and I wonder how it will work.
Lab Assistant
#11860 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 1:03 PM
apparently food trucks love to feed your simmies so much they will feed them even after they crash lol .......
Screenshots
Instructor
#11861 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
Today, when creating a Sim for my new experiment of sorts, I've found out that Couch Potato and Neat traits do not conflict with each other. I feel stupid now, but for years I really did think that these two traits are incompatible with each other, but now I have Sim with both traits and I wonder how it will work.

I don't see why they would conflict. You see, I'm a Couch Potato myself, but I can't enjoy myself lounging on the sofa until all parts of my home are squeaky clean.
Mad Poster
#11862 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 2:35 PM
That taking a selfie with another Sim has a chance of a fuck up, which I can only guess comes from social networking skill. Animation goes like where the flash light both blinds two Sims and they get disorientated and shit like that. And yeah, that was unexpected.

Yeah.... I can imagine traveling to the future through a portal can mess up end up so bad that you forget to turn off your ultra flashbang flash light off.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
#11863 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 4:24 PM
I discovered that my Isla Paradiso world have gone all messed up. gain! Darn it, It did work perfect at my last play session two weeks ago. Oh well, I went to Bridgeport instead.

There I discovered that delivering a meal is a impossible task. There is a task the sims can do: Prepare a meal and deliver it to an other sim. But how hard I tried to place the plate of food (or the serving plate completely) in my sims catalog the game claimed that I had 0 of 1 meals in my sims inventory. In TS2 a sim can prepare a single or a group meal but it's not possible in TS3. So EA messed up that one. I had a sim complete a task like that before but it was so long ago so I do not remember how I did it.
Mad Poster
#11864 Old 25th Apr 2020 at 5:53 PM
- Retiring from a performing career makes you lose all of yours abilities (such as using the bouncing ball and ring of fire), which is pretty lame. All of that hard work left my Sim with a finger in their face.
- With the opposite personality potion left me discovering a modded trait - "Backstabber". Doesn't seem like through vanilla means it's possible to remove it, but I'll have to try with the lifetime reward.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#11865 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 1:03 AM
Green Dragon's mass harvest+growth effect glitches out Omniplants and makes them completely unusable, apparently.

The "produce" will be removed from the plant, but won't show up in the sims' inventory, and the plant will be stuck in the harvest stage. Even using debug tools to move the plant to mature stage and feed it again, it'll never produce any "fruit" ever again. I guess it's for the same underlying reason that Fairies aren't allowed to use Bloom on Omniplants, except... that they forgot to account for whatever the issue is when making the Dragon Valley content.

So, yanno... warning if you're a gardener in Dragon Valley and wanna grow deathfish off of bushes, I suppose. DON'T use green dragons on lots with omniplants.
Test Subject
#11866 Old 13th May 2020 at 10:27 PM

Plantsims can't get spraytans from the tanning booth... but they CAN get natural tans? Or at least the moodlet... it's a little hard for me to tell if this is actually affecting his skin tone in any way, lol.
But then, I can barely tell what difference the tan makes even with normal human sim...
Field Researcher
#11867 Old 15th May 2020 at 9:19 PM
You can change what color the lights that go on the side of a swimming pool make- including turning them into blacklights.
Scholar
#11868 Old 19th May 2020 at 12:14 AM
Creating 35 households in CAS takes way to long.
Made my new world and now trying to fill it has turned out to be far more arduous than I ever expected.
Props to all you world builders out there.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#11869 Old 21st May 2020 at 5:29 PM
I discovered that some art (or at least this one) reacts to full moon. The redecorated the house of my sim and "hang" a painting on her bedroom wall. It's a dark haired, friendly looking lady on a white back ground. And look at this now...

Instructor
#11870 Old 25th May 2020 at 4:58 AM
The paintings that came with Supernatural do that.
Mad Poster
#11871 Old 25th May 2020 at 8:32 AM
When a sim ages up, do the paintings ever age instead of the sim?
#dorian_gray
Field Researcher
#11872 Old 30th May 2020 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Made my new world and now trying to fill it has turned out to be far more arduous than I ever expected.

Why 35 households? My memory's a little fuzzy but I don't recall having to make more than 25, and some of them were ones I had saved to bin when the game auto-generated them during one of my play testing sessions.
Field Researcher
#11873 Old 30th May 2020 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK

@MurderPrincessK:

I'm curious as to why you need to create so many. My memory's a little fuzzy but I don't think I've ever made more than 25 households, and some of those I created by cheating in a way. I would just take some household that were auto-generated by the game, save them to bin and then clean them up in CAS using NRAAS. For example, right now I am play testing a world that is currently generating a bunch of households. When I finish play testing, I'll save the ones I like (or have potential), then edit them later.

Also, here is another tip to speed things along: whenever you add a new sim to household in CAH, don't click the add new sim button. Create a twin with the first sim, then use the randomizer. I noticed that using the "add sim" option is so much slower than editing a twin.
Scholar
#11874 Old 30th May 2020 at 10:11 PM
I didn't have to, but I created a large world on an altered Lucky Palms map for myself and I wanted it to be lived in, but with room to grow. I am very picky about my sims. I end up editing anything the game generates to match my asthetic. I am the overseer of my domain and it will be what I want...No seriously it's the first time I created a world for myself and I wanted it to be just so.

The create twin tip is a good idea, probably would have saved me some time.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Scholar
#11875 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 6:00 PM
Today I learned that if you have ITF building shells in your home world and you change the future to dystopian the shells in your home world will also change to the dystopian shells. I'm not sure if I like this or am annoyed by it. After all these years this is the first time I have tried the ITF timeline play features.

Page 475 of 490