Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#9701 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 5:42 AM
My daughters play Sims 4. I downloaded for free last year, played a couple of days and left it, frustrated with it. One year later daughters were egging me on to try some of the expansions that they'd bought. I bought a couple on special and am trying again but I feel like a traitor. The good: quick to load, cute toddlers; the not-so-good: pretty much everything else. I get so frustrated and I feel nothing for the Sims themselves. I'm not engaged with them. They feel so superficial. The so-called moodlets are not even accurate. "Angry" boy was sitting chatting to his father quite normally. "Clingy" toddler wandered off quite happily. Some of the building tools are ok but others are clunky. Overall the interface feels cluttered. I think I'll return to Sims 2 this weekend (returning to Sims 4 for a "holiday" event perhaps.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#9702 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 7:06 AM
I have exactly 300 chairs in my game. I counted them.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#9703 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 7:52 AM
Hmm... I wonder If I'll break the game if I make a house with 300 chairs in it?
Mad Poster
#9704 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 9:43 AM Last edited by HarVee : 2nd Jul 2020 at 9:55 AM.
Can you even make a lot with that many? I gotta try this now.

Mad Poster
#9705 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 9:57 AM
When in doubt about a pixel's career, I've found that turning them into a townie for a day or so usually cures that problem-I sent Greg Wood (unemployed) off to townieland because he had to move out of the house, and when he returned as a roomie to another pixel, he had a level 3 job in the politics career!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9706 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 11:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
a house with 300 chairs in it?
A theatre?

St Simeon's Parish Church in Veronaville has seating for 64, in the form of 32 park benches used as pews. (I just counted them.) I could squeeze quite a few more in, but the usual size of a Sunday morning congregation is only about 10, so there isn't much point!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#9707 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 3:56 PM Last edited by HarVee : 2nd Jul 2020 at 10:23 PM.
Wait, are we counting benches, and presumably sofas, too? I think I can bump my number up by roughly 130 then.

Some people hoard junk, I hoard things you sit on. :P

Scholar
#9708 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 10:15 PM
If you want your party to be a good time, have only one bathroom so that everyone ends up in there fighting over who gets to use the toilet.
Forum Resident
#9709 Old 2nd Jul 2020 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
If you want your party to be a good time, have only one bathroom so that everyone ends up in there fighting over who gets to use the toilet.

Nah, just have a couple go upstairs and woohoo a couple of times, that usually does the trick
Mad Poster
#9710 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 8:26 PM
I'm suffering from lack of attention span for simming again, which manifests itself for me as starting this, that, and the other. I want to play all the different things, they all look so cool . . . and I need to weed my own gardens. Sigh. (Though I have successfully canned 32 pints of strawberry jam this summer. So that's a good start.)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9711 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 11:03 PM
Aww, you guys thinking 150 chairs is a lot...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#9712 Old 3rd Jul 2020 at 11:22 PM Last edited by HarVee : 3rd Jul 2020 at 11:34 PM.
I started a chairmageddon.

Mad Poster
#9713 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Aww, you guys thinking 150 chairs is a lot...

Show off! (nice build, though)..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#9714 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 12:16 AM
one lot 0 chairs 1,100 solar panels instead.
This brings in a tidy $14,540 per rebate unlike chairs.
1.3million dollar lot.

I have over 300 lots with at least 6 chairs on average. so at least 1.5k chairs overall.
HELP!
Forum Resident
#9715 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 2:07 PM
I wish roads looked more like some of the ones in TS3 or 4...I hate maxis roads so much but I also don’t like to use defaults, because a lot of the time they use CuriousB’s road overlays and in my experience the overlays don’t work with apartments.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9716 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
...and in my experience the overlays don’t work with apartments.

I think I've heard this before. In what way do they not work?
Instructor
#9717 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 4:17 PM
I have forgotten how fiddly getting the game to work on my laptop was!

Having had to recently do a install of all games and SPs on and off for a week and making sure my game picked up the right graphics, re downloading this or that. Getting my lighting mod back in........ I will never take for granted my game again!!

At least since reinstalling and having to get my laptop back up and running it seems that with nothing except my game on my laptop...it takes my game about 20 minutes to load. Maybe I may start thinking of getting another laptop for all my other programmes and just using this laptop for my game.
Forum Resident
#9718 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I think I've heard this before. In what way do they not work?

You go into the lot with a family and they just...disappear. I used to use criquette’s rural charm roads and I’d enter an apartment just to find a blank road.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#9719 Old 4th Jul 2020 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
You go into the lot with a family and they just...disappear. I used to use criquette’s rural charm roads and I’d enter an apartment just to find a blank road.

Weird, I don't have this issue.
Mad Poster
#9720 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 2:40 AM
I need to make more skyscrapers and I need to make more artsy urban districts... apparently I haven't got enough of either of them yet (at least not enough for the city I'm trying to put together to try PLAYING the game again)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#9721 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 7:34 AM Last edited by HarVee : 5th Jul 2020 at 7:55 AM.
Did some compressorizing of my CC. Slimed down a gig. Hopefully it all works.

Alchemist
#9722 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 10:14 PM
I was thinking about the way the TS2 community has its own myths now, like the EA fire that destroyed the first version of the game. Another one from the early days was the claim that Bella was in Strangetown because the developers put her there by accident, then they wrote a mystery around it because they didn't know how to put her back in Pleasantview.
Top Secret Researcher
#9723 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 10:55 PM
Wait, did the fire not actually happen?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Alchemist
#9724 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:07 PM
Someone asked one of the SimGurus about it awhile back. They did recall a server fire, but they said they didn't have to rebuild the game, because they took precautions and had backed up all of their work.
Forum Resident
#9725 Old 5th Jul 2020 at 11:59 PM
Maybe the fire was the reason that made the game to eventually corrupt itself over time with the backup copies. Just a theory.
Page 389 of 515