Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 12:38 PM Last edited by Sketching : 17th Jun 2019 at 9:08 AM. Reason: solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Invalid Constant Error for Romantic Interactions
Hey, there. I was wondering if someone could help me understand this invalid constant error log. The error only comes up between witches and/or warlocks attempting to engage in romantic interactions. I'll be doing a 50/50 to narrow down the cause, but maybe someone knows what could be going on. It also happens in other hoods with this Downloads configuration, so I'm guessing it's mod-related.

In a last ditch effort before the inevitable 50/50, I swapped the entire Downloads folder with another one from my back-ups and the error disappeared. The thing is, however, said back-up is identical to the one I replaced, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Two in-game rotations passed when the error popped up again for the same household (but moved into a house since the first time the error happened they were in an apartment), only to once again disappear when I replaced it with the identical back-up.

I guess there must be a trigger of some sort that reactivates the error due to its inconsistency. I'm not sure about it though, and I can't think of anything at the moment that could've happened in-game to cause it.

Error log:
Advertisement
just a girl
#2 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:14 PM Last edited by Lamare : 10th Apr 2018 at 6:59 PM. Reason: UPD
My first guess - you may have a mod that overwrites BCON # 0x0121 and it's not updated for AL.
I extracted it into this package file for testing purpose. Try running HCDU with it in your downloads folder. See what conflicts. If there will be no conflicts, my guess is wrong. If there will be conflicts, let us see the mod(s). In any case, throw away this file after you're done testing.

UPD. Sigh. It's never the first guess. And I don't have a second =(

*Removed the file*
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 2:19 PM Last edited by Sketching : 11th Apr 2018 at 10:49 AM.
Thanks, Lamare. It's not showing up with any conflicts in HCDU though. It would've made sense too - the action happens but the error occurs as soon as they separate and the increase in relationship values is supposed to show up. It makes me wonder why witches/warlocks specifically when all other couples have no problems with romantic actions, but that's an AL addition too; my other hoods with different download folders show that they actually have the same set of supernatural-focused mods, so it must be something else.

Edit: It'd be much easier to test if it's consistent, but just replacing the Downloads folder with an exact copy to fix it confuses me - why would it suddenly disappear if it's the same mods anyway? Then again, it's not really fixed because it'll pop up again under as-of-yet unknown, specific circumstances...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 8:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
It makes me wonder why witches/warlocks specifically when all other couples have no problems with romantic actions, but that's an AL addition too; my other hoods with different download folders show that they actually have the same set of supernatural-focused mods, so it must be something else.

It's because their romantic action is partly handled by BHAV 0x633 Soc&Rel: Witch STR/LTR/Social Boosts which takes 4 parameters= Increment, "me", Other Person ID ,0. It's called for all romances. It return FALSE with Temp0 set to Increment for all other romances. The error occurs within a comparison to a constant value in BCON 0x121 Misc Constants. So Lamare was right. You most likely has a mod that replace BCON 0x121.
This BCON has constants for costs for potions, cures, serums and Plantman Powder.
Values for SKU:s and University Grades.
Numenators and Denominators for STR, LTR and boosts
The mod is most likely dealing with some of those.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 7:44 AM
Thanks, clsve. I opened up Lamare's file to see what the BCON affects. It didn't show any conflicts in HCDU so I'm still trying to narrow the suspects down based on your list of possible suspects.

My biggest problem is that the error doesn't pop up unless triggered by as-of-yet unknown circumstances. Right now, witches and warlocks can engage in romantic interactions without a problem, so I'm having difficulty with the 50/50. I even tried going back a whole rotation to replicate all of the events I remembered, and it didn't show up (of course it wasn't exactly the same, but I was hoping one of the events was the trigger). I'll have to wait for it to happen again and rigorously test it. Hopefully, it won't randomly disappear again.
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2019 at 9:11 AM
Bumping because I was reminded of this thread and I managed to find the source of the error a short while after my last post but forgot to check back in.

I was mulling over Lamare and clsve's posts, trying to find everything related to their suggestions, and I narrowed my search down to a dating-related mod that didn't show up with potential conflicts in HCDU but wasn't actually updated for AL, rendering witches unable to engage in romantic interactions. It was difficult to test as the error was inconsistent in its appearance despite the multiple situations I tested, though removing the mod stopped the error from appearing since. I placed it back in recently to confirm the incompatibility and the error appeared after some time, so I'm relatively certain that I resolved the issue with @Lamare and @clsve's help. I know it's late (so sorry!) but thank you so much for the help!