Replies: 335 (Who?), Viewed: 38973 times.
Page 9 of 14
Instructor
#201 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:25 PM
It's nothing more than classic hive mentality. These people have had similar experiences and, rather than doing something logical like saving for better hardware or basic tweaking, they instead simply band together and talk about how awful TS3 is and everyone in the thread agrees. And all of this for no reason other than they're simply stroking their own egos. They can't play the game with decent performance, so obviously no one else can.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#202 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 11:44 PM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 24th Jul 2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: stupid autocorrect bs
I play the game with all EP's, 2 SP's, almost all store content, and an additional 15gigs of cc. My computer is not top of the line, but I have learned to optimize my game through mods and combining files where possible. If this mod gives me an extra performance boost I will be trying it out too. But I admit I'm not an early adopter, I prefer to know about any bugs I may encounter, and I don't have a ssd so I'm still unsure if this will make any improvement for those of us without.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Follow Friendly
Mad Poster
#203 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:05 AM
I don't think there are any bugs you can encounter, to my knowledge the tool doesn't inherently change any of the game's data beyond decompressing it like the game normally does in realtime. Not having an SSD might be a problem, though, since HDDs are now a very outdated storage medium that probably cannot provide the data transfer capacity typically expected by modern software. I certainly wouldn't do any heavy lifting on one. I still use HDDs, but only for archiving. I strongly suspect the 5 terabyte drive I bought last year will be my last HDD ever.

As a side note - should you ever need a 5 terabyte HDD, look no further than Seagate's backup Plus. It's a cute little 2.5" drive that costs well under €150 and fits in your pocket.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#204 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
It's nothing more than classic hive mentality. These people have had similar experiences and, rather than doing something logical like saving for better hardware or basic tweaking, they instead simply band together and talk about how awful TS3 is and everyone in the thread agrees. And all of this for no reason other than they're simply stroking their own egos. They can't play the game with decent performance, so obviously no one else can.


The hive mentality is exactly on your part. It runs smooth for you then it should run flawlessy for everyone else and people are just complainig because they have too much time in their hands.
Better hardware or basic tweaking might make the game run a bit more playable, but will not magically solve the core problems. After you install Late Night, Generations or Pets the game becomes a huge disaster. The game's engine is just simply an outdated mess. It was enough for the base game but after a few expansions It's like telling a 4 years old kid to write a scientific essay on quantum physics. Way back in 2012 they kept telling us the game runs like shit because it has high requirements. Many years have passed and the game still struggles even on 8 core high-end gaming rigs. Are you really sure it's about the hardware?
The game's engine/framework itself is awful, yes, and it's not a subjective opinion of the hivemind sheep gamers but an objective fact. Even a dev admitted how bad is it. It's not only outdated but it was never been able to utilize the resources the game needed for 3 expansions, let alone for 11 EP, 9 SP and 10 gigs of store content. EA just kept selling broken shit for years, but their support always dismissed everyone with a copypasta "your pc is too low to run it, run antivirus on your computer and defragment your hard drive" crap, so gamers are angry for a good reason, especially those who paid for it. If it runs for you smooth like butter then you are lucky, enjoy. Most people can barely make the game run in a playable state. If it comes to me personally, my game is playable but still not enjoyable as it should be and I don't have a bargain bit laptop. (I followed and tried every tweak possible since the Pets expansion).
So spare me with this "ego stroking" crap.
Mad Poster
#205 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
Guess what? Some guy at Reddit is using this thread to take a jab at The Sims 3.



Some of us have decent or nearly flawless performance but we're still interested in what simmy has developed to improve performance, especially for people with modest PCs.
I'm so sick and tired of this fake narrative that The Sims 3 runs "like sh!t" on all PCs.


Likewise, I feel like it's a testament to how much TS4 dropped the ball when this game has "shitty performance" and yet people are still playing it and excited for new ways to make it better

The Receptacle still lives!
Theorist
#206 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 12:51 PM
My computer runs heavily modded GTA5 and Skyrim installs better than Ts3.
Something is very very wrong there...

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#207 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RammPatricia
The hive mentality is exactly on your part. It runs smooth for you then it should run flawlessy for everyone else and people are just complainig because they have too much time in their hands.
Better hardware or basic tweaking might make the game run a bit more playable, but will not magically solve the core problems. After you install Late Night, Generations or Pets the game becomes a huge disaster. The game's engine is just simply an outdated mess. It was enough for the base game but after a few expansions It's like telling a 4 years old kid to write a scientific essay on quantum physics. Way back in 2012 they kept telling us the game runs like shit because it has high requirements. Many years have passed and the game still struggles even on 8 core high-end gaming rigs. Are you really sure it's about the hardware?
The game's engine/framework itself is awful, yes, and it's not a subjective opinion of the hivemind sheep gamers but an objective fact. Even a dev admitted how bad is it. It's not only outdated but it was never been able to utilize the resources the game needed for 3 expansions, let alone for 11 EP, 9 SP and 10 gigs of store content. EA just kept selling broken shit for years, but their support always dismissed everyone with a copypasta "your pc is too low to run it, run antivirus on your computer and defragment your hard drive" crap, so gamers are angry for a good reason, especially those who paid for it. If it runs for you smooth like butter then you are lucky, enjoy. Most people can barely make the game run in a playable state. If it comes to me personally, my game is playable but still not enjoyable as it should be and I don't have a bargain bit laptop. (I followed and tried every tweak possible since the Pets expansion).
So spare me with this "ego stroking" crap.


Sims 4 to date has 28 packs with at least a few more years to go because multi-billion dollar EA has decided that they are too cheap to create a new sims game or any other game for that matter. EA has to make sure the IPs they own are in the state of rigormortis before they decide they can't bleed any more cash from them.

EA continues to peddle 'broken shit'. TS4 has had problems with simulation lag for quite some time and yet Maxis has zero interest in dealing with it. This means that the people that bought their $200 laptops from Walmart because they were promised that TS4 was designed for lower end computers are struggling with the game just as much as those that have higher end systems. Add all the stupid updates like 350 door recolors and other things that take up space, ( it is not out of question to have updates that are over 3 gigs) and the game has been turned into a hot mess. There is a reason TS4 is always on sale and it isn't because "It's the best game, evah!"

Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV
Lion, Rhino, Camel
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
25th Jul 2019 at 1:36 PM
This message has been deleted by AGuyCalledPi. Reason: no
Mad Poster
#208 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 1:33 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 25th Jul 2019 at 1:45 PM.
"TS4 is always on sale because it's so good" just sounds like another common excuse to me....."He's angry because the Democrats have accused him of things he didn't do". Sure, bud, sure. If you're going well out of your way to protect your assets (in this case, the well-being of your brand), chances are you're doing it because you know you're in a vulnerable position. If you saw an all-time high in demand for this Sims game and you were an EA exec, I can tell you for a fact that you wouldn't be putting it on sale like this. What this is, is artificially inflating engagement to appease the shareholders, and hell, you can get some free PR out of it. Kotaku can't shut the fuck up about TS4, after all.

Then again, I don't think I've quite heard this one yet from the small portion of players who are smitten with TS4 beyond reason. I think part of being a fan of something is acknowledging that it kinda sucks. One of my favourite adages as of late is that nobody hates Star Trek more than Star Trek fans, and on a certain level, I think that goes for everything.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Inventor
#209 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 3:02 PM
Hi simmythesim, hi everyone I've been watching this thread since the start and it's fascinating. This mod sounds amazing! My TS3 game runs fine on my gaming machine, of course it has a little lag, but its not bad at all. I have all EPs and SPs, all store content, about 15GB of custom content and mods! Yes, I love all mods, especially script mods lol. I just love Sims 3!
Anything to improve it is always welcome I'm so happy to see people still love Sims 3 to create content for it.
Is there a beta version of this mod we (meaning 'I') could try out? :P
Test Subject
#210 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 3:21 PM
Hey how about we all stop arguing about this. It's pointless. Simmy's tool will be a great addition to our arsenal of performance mods/tools and let's leave it at that.
We hope you are doing okay Simmy.
Inventor
#211 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 4:05 PM
I have my fingers crossed over this mod. Man, I need this so much...I have new pc, but ts3 with 6 GB of custom content still doesn't run so smooth as I want. So I wish simmythesim a luck on this project And...it would be interesting to participate in beta if this possible.
Inventor
#212 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 4:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RammPatricia
Hey how about we all stop arguing about this. It's pointless. Simmy's tool will be a great addition to our arsenal of performance mods/tools and let's leave it at that.
We hope you are doing okay Simmy.


Whose arguing? This is just a discussion, right?
Inventor
#213 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 5:54 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 25th Jul 2019 at 7:10 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RammPatricia
Hey how about we all stop arguing about this. It's pointless. Simmy's tool will be a great addition to our arsenal of performance mods/tools and let's leave it at that.
We hope you are doing okay Simmy.


You come off as a person who throws the first punch and then ask people to stop fighting. Who do you think you are to write such an inflammatory mess and then ask people to stop fighting? You're the INSTIGATOR.



Nobody said that it should run flawlessly for everyone. We said IT'S POSSIBLE for the game to run pretty smoothly for some people. This is just a straw man fallacy. You're putting words in our mouths we never said. You're also stating things which should be discussed in depth as a matter of fact. NO, the game does not become a disaster after Late Night, Generations or Pets (Generations is in fact one of the lightest EPs, along with Ambitions, so your statement is really laughable). And yes, the game does run bad for some because it has high requirements, mainly when it comes to drive speed. You can have the fastest CPU out there and a great GPU, but if your playing the game on a 5400 RPM hard drive your performance will be terrible. I love that you state as objective facts and then you don't provide a shred of evidence other than ANECDOTAL. I won't even bother refuting the rest of your messy rant. #ByePatricia
Mad Poster
#214 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 6:45 PM
I haven't seen such passionate debate in the TS3 section in ages. It's kinda nostalgic xD

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#215 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 6:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
I haven't seen such passionate debate in the TS3 section in ages. It's kinda nostalgic xD


That wasn't a debate. It was trolling and somebody looking for attention. Once things got too hot, suddenly it became a 'discussion'.

Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV
Lion, Rhino, Camel
Inventor
#216 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
That wasn't a debate. It was trolling and somebody looking for attention. Once things got too hot, suddenly it became a 'discussion'.


Hey, I said it was a discussion, someone else said it was an argument - I see nothing worth arguing about here lol
Instructor
#217 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:29 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 26th Jul 2019 at 5:06 AM.
Yet people still keep coming into this thread and claiming we're all entitled SOBs that are picking fights with everybody with a different opinion. This thread has been respectful for the most part, and I wish it would stay that way. But I'm getting sick and tired of people trying to find conflict where there is none. No one here is being entitled, and I'm certainly not claiming TS3 is free of problems, which I specifically stated not one page back with its loads of optimization problems. So why are we the bad ones for calling out people who clearly just don't like TS3 in the first place?

Wasted energy is what it is. If I don't like something that much, move on. Simple as that. I'm certainly not going over to Reddit and telling everybody and their mother what's been beaten to death for years and isn't as bad as people make it out to be in the grand scheme of things.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
#218 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
You come off as a person who throws the first punch and then ask people to stop fighting. Blablabla... something something 5400RPM, something ANECDOTAL... blabla Patricia you suck


I quoted the post I was replying to so why the "we" and "our"? It was not a reaction to your or anyone else's post but Jathom95's, just saying. The first punch came with "hive mentality", it really does not take any kind of hive mentality or ego stroking to band together and talk about how afwul the performance is. Isn't it the whole purpose of this tool, to improve if not correct a problem that's present?
Generations indeed fucks up the game's structure and it's not because it's heavy, but according to your logic an expansion can be problematic only if it's heavy and there is no other way. Obviously your brilliant logic is the only valid one, there are no other possibilities. You don't seem to know anything about how expansions work but you jump into assumptions, it really failed to prove your point. Since you already made up your mind and written me off, why should I even bother providing you anything. There is a thread where a maxis dev goes in-depth explaining parts of the "spaghetti-code" and their deadlines. It's out there, archived, look for it if you want. Also, ask any modder who tried to reverse engineer and write hooks for the game, they can tell you a thing or two about the expansions and their coding flaws. Just because you don't know about them they are still present and factual and no amount of SSD performance will help correcting the problematic code lines. Improves the performance, but does not change the world. If I talk about a high-end gaming rig then that means SSD included, no idea why you talk about 5400RPM, what's next, floppies?
I said we should stop arguing because I see it pointless to litter Simmy's thread with this topic, sure it needs to be discussed but how about opening a different thread? Oh don't answer that, you won't refute my messy rant. #CringeyHashtag
Inventor
#219 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:45 PM
#ByePatricia
Test Subject
#220 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naus Allien
#ByePatricia

#Wowsofunny #Wowsoclever #WowWhatacomeback #5400RPM
Mad Poster
#221 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 10:13 PM
The only thing in here that needs to be done 5400 times a minute is sodding off. It's a perfectly good thread about a perfectly good tool/mod that we will all be perfectly content with as soon as Simmy returns from his unspecified absence.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#222 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 5:25 AM
I'm with Pi on this one. I'm not apologizing for saying the truth, but this thread is beginning to deteriorate quickly and needs to stop. Quite frankly I can't believe that such a small point was blown out of proportion like that in the first place, and this isn't even my thread. But that's beside the point.

This thread is for discussion of Simmy's tool/mod and I'd expect that we can keep it going respectfully like we have for almost 8 other pages. If anyone else feels the need to come in here and make a quick quip about something stated in this thread, do everyone a favor and keep it to yourself.

This is all I'm going to say on the matter. We all can state our points and remain civil. Otherwise this place is no different than the OF.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Theorist
#223 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 9:50 AM
I am someone whose game plays beautifully already with all except K Perry. I do use overwatch and error trap. So I do know the game can play well for some. But even though I do not need this mod I think it is great that it is being done for those it can help.
Mad Poster
#224 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 11:47 AM
My game is very moody. I have everything plus a lot of mods. Load times are always long. Sometimes the game itself runs fine. Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes CAS runs fine. Sometimes it's a nightmare and crashes. I think the only consistently good thing I have is build/buy mode lol. So mod will likely be one of the best things I've ever waited for. I will say, it has been a very long time since my game has crashed in live mode. It's always CAS.

The Receptacle still lives!
Theorist
#225 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 3:14 PM
Let's face it. It's a buggy game and always was from out of the box. Everyone has a different machine, different CC and different glitches. However, if the OP is nice enough to offer up a solution that might help someone, that is very nice and appreciated. I don't think we have the right to be nasty to any one who offers to add something to the game. I also appreciate people who offer to try out these new mods. Maybe it might not be your cup of tea but like Mom says, "If you can't say something nice, then move on." There will never be ONE fix for everyone's game because of the factors involved. I have a 2 year old laptop with NO integrated card and I can play the game just fine with nearly every EP and a fair bit of CC. The issues I have are from the original (from the box) game EA sold us. The only reason I can play well is thanks to mod creators and mods like Nraas. So if someone wants to help improve the game, we should encourage it.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Page 9 of 14
Back to top