Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:26 AM Last edited by Senko : 14th Jul 2020 at 4:37 AM.
Default Does anyone know of a way to move objects that aren't on your lot?
I'm trying to grow a cowplant for the freelance botanist and it seems to have glitched out and moved off my lot after planting so its now . . .
Cowplant EDGE OF LOT

Meaning its sitting just outside my house and I can't interact with it. Is there anyway world editing option for stuff not on your lot that will allow me to grab it and move it back onto the house lot?

EDIT
The reason I want to do this is I needed it for an Aspiration but I don't want to leave it hanging around to eat visitors especially since their urns would also wind up off my lot (I seem to get a lot of visitors getting lost in my lab for some reason, just found one smelly, starving person asleep in the infirmary) but there's no way to do that when I can't interact with it in build mode.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 4:57 AM
Open the game in sims 3 edit world and move the cowplant to your lot... wait...

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 5:02 AM
Sims 3? I thought I posted this in sims 4 discussion there's no edit world. Managed to starve it out without it eating anyone though now I need to get rid of the skeleton, even a full bulldoze leaves it sitting just outside the boundary.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 5:14 AM
The only Mod i know that has the power to move objects on or off lot pass the build mode restrictions is T.O.O.L..

Then Shift-Click the object in question under live mode, Select TOOL, Make Object Active, and from there you can either move in back onto where is supposed to be, or even much further away from your lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jul 2020 at 5:29 AM
Thanks I found a way with MC command centre. For anyone else who has a similar glitch use a pc to turn on testing cheats and debug objects in the options, save, restart, delete, turn off. Original help was found in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...IX/td-p/7880047 from pushmebutton. I have no deleted it and I'm happy, though I'll take a look at T.O.O.L to see if it does anything else I might be interested in.